HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Miracle Patch {AKA: The Lazarus Effect}

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#81 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted September 08 2014 - 05:43 AM

Arevizz,I will answer you with a simple beta,and do u have evidence about the number u wrote_No u don't!

#82 Arevizz

Arevizz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationYou may call me Aregon.

Posted September 08 2014 - 12:00 PM

View PostOdinous, on September 08 2014 - 05:43 AM, said:

Arevizz,I will answer you with a simple beta,and do u have evidence about the number u wrote_No u don't!
I believe it was Spliff_Craven who posted that number. He is monitoring the Steam charts and has said that 250+ was the lowest he have ever seen.

And Jesus Christ, stop protecting the game like it was a precious ring. The game is a product that was made to entertain, and if it doesn't entertain people they are totally allowed to voice their opinion. This is not Sovjet.

#83 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted September 08 2014 - 03:16 PM

Do you honestly know how accurate steam charts are_Or do you know what they monitor exactly_

#84 Arevizz

Arevizz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationYou may call me Aregon.

Posted September 09 2014 - 04:51 AM

View PostOdinous, on September 08 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

Do you honestly know how accurate steam charts are_Or do you know what they monitor exactly_
The fact that it has been documented such a low number should be enough for you to realize something is wrong with the game! You are playing ignorant, not being able to see any of the problems.

#85 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted September 09 2014 - 09:53 AM

Again I am asking do u know how accurate steam charts are and what they are tracking_
They are tracking players online,atm we have  541 players,its not 250,and again it shows players ONLINE

Edited by Odinous, September 09 2014 - 10:25 AM.

#86 Skitzo1d

Skitzo1d

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted September 09 2014 - 11:50 AM

View PostOdinous, on September 09 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

Again I am asking do u know how accurate steam charts are and what they are tracking_
They are tracking players online,atm we have  541 players,its not 250,and again it shows players ONLINE

541 at 12:53 pm, means right after lunch in the US where it is said is the majority of players.  That means that either 1.) we have a lot of people going home on lunch break to play the game or 2.) We still have a lot of players and even players playing from a lot of other regions cause this would be during their peak playing time.

Fred is sad hes not like the other robots

Posted Image

[12:43] <@ThirdEyE> skitzo1d = worst reaper NA

#87 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted September 09 2014 - 12:06 PM

View PostOdinous, on September 08 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

Well u can believe whatever u like ofc,but unless we have some official news I wont give up!Every damn evening i log into game I am happy cause lots of friends are online and kicking asses,so all that doomsday theory disappear.We still having fun and the game is great,will not say anything else.

I used to log in daily to play. I don't like deathmatch or team deathmatch.
No one seems to play anything else unless it's co-op.

MA and Siege for me = Me and 5 noobies vs. 3 pros and 3 smurfs.
It's always a slaughter and no one but the other team reads chat.
The noobies constantly rotate out of game just to come back at the end and my side accomplishes nothing.
Noobies don't want to play because of having their asses handed to them all night; and I don't enjoy playing because I never have an equivalent team to have a balanced game.

You can lose but still have a great match. Being slaughtered like a newborn lamb to a hungry lion is not a great game. Only to repeat the event over and over all night; day in and day out.

I check the forums and steam charts several times a day just to see that ray of hope that something is happening... I am still disappointed.

To see the Hawken steamcharts yourself look here:     http://www.steamchar.../app/271290#All

So far, not a single deadline given.

What I and everyone here want to know is, "WHEN CAN WE EXPECT AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT WITH REAL SUBSTANCE OR SOME CONTENT_ WHEN WILL WE EXPECT IT DUE"

Failure to provide these answers will only contribute to Hawkens demise.

Posted Image

#88 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted September 09 2014 - 01:37 PM

Steam data is not reliable. It doesn't tell who's logged into the game but just loitering, who's actually playing in a match, and it for sure doesn't tally the possibly huge number of pre-Steam players who fire up the client from the .exe and refuse to use Steam altogether.
Such as I.
You'd get better news from Pravda
:D

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#89 DoctorStein

DoctorStein

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationThe Year 20XX

Posted September 15 2014 - 01:18 PM

http://www.steamcharts.com/app/271290

The numbers dont lie, its gonna take a miracle to revive this game...

Check it.
https://community.pl...ed-open-letter/

Edited by DoctorStein, September 15 2014 - 01:19 PM.

"An apple a day can keep anyone away if you throw it hard enough" ~Doctor Stein

I <3 Cat Faces: =3 X3 ;3 :3 >=3

#90 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted September 15 2014 - 01:40 PM

View PostEM1O, on September 09 2014 - 01:37 PM, said:

and it for sure doesn't tally the possibly huge number of pre-Steam players who fire up the client from the .exe
must be around 80 000

- lok'tar ogar -

#91 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted September 15 2014 - 11:49 PM

A record low! 258 players!

There is no cake for failure...

Posted Image

#92 Zycon

Zycon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted September 16 2014 - 12:08 AM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on August 12 2014 - 04:34 PM, said:

What do you expect to be in our next patch to revive this game_

A death note.

#93 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted September 16 2014 - 06:30 AM

View PostZycon, on September 16 2014 - 12:08 AM, said:

A death note.

If another patch comes out, we get a booster shot that might fix things.
So the chance of Hawken dying is in the breeze. A death note fixes the direction of that breeze.

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#94 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted September 16 2014 - 01:33 PM

View PostIronClamp, on September 16 2014 - 06:30 AM, said:

A death note.

So the chance of Hawken dying is in the breeze. A death note fixes the direction of that breeze.
If you look at the patterns though, past patches have only created spikes that drop back to normal levels after a few days. And that's not going to fix things, just draw out the death a little longer.
What reason do we have to believe the next time would be any different_

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#95 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted September 16 2014 - 01:42 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on September 16 2014 - 01:33 PM, said:

A death note.

If you look at the patterns though, past patches have only created spikes that drop back to normal levels after a few days. And that's not going to fix things, just draw out the death a little longer.

It won't be different (you'll notice I'm refraining from saying a certain three-word phrase), that's exactly true.
But Hawken will survive for a little longer, won't it_ So what really is the difference between saving Hawken and bumping it up_
To answer my own question, luck and length.

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#96 Zycon

Zycon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted September 16 2014 - 03:38 PM

View PostIronClamp, on September 16 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on September 16 2014 - 01:33 PM, said:

It won't be different (you'll notice I'm refraining from saying a certain three-word phrase), that's exactly true.
But Hawken will survive for a little longer, won't it_ So what really is the difference between saving Hawken and bumping it up_
To answer my own question, luck and length.

If they started releasing patches regularly, that would bring it back up. But then, that would require them doing stuff they haven't done before.

#97 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted September 16 2014 - 04:00 PM

View Postticklemyiguana, on August 14 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

....developing a game isn't this monodimensional process that LDW seems to consistently make it out to be. Size of playerbase is not representative of game quality or even user experience, and its immediacy is not the sole purpose of updates, nor always even a particular concern in every game.
It is more than possible that they just don't need or even want a huge playerbase right now, as they may or may not have a very specific vision that they want to achieve before gaining one.

I think that vision, and it is one that I like, is a vision of a very fast paced, high TTK, complex first person shooter with the aesthetics and much of the functionality of a mech game. When they decide they have everything right, or close to it, I would not be surprised if we started to see an actual ad campaign, something that just wouldn't make sense right now. The game is great, and closer to a finished product than it's ever been, but it has issues that kill the playerbase-that unlike what ____ is stating, are not issues with the gameplay, so why focus on increasing the playerbase quickly with a few bits of nonsense that they may remove in the long run when they can focus on tweaking the mechanics and fixing some of the larger issues like voip and clan/community support_ These are things that take a long time to implement especially if the game was built on a shaky foundation (which they are currently trying to solidify).

Guys. Seriously_
Would you all just shut up_
This was posted in this same exact thread. It's blatantly obvious that people are working on the game. There have been several server updates since the devs went silent.

Steam charts, to the best of my knowledge don't track people who load up from the .exe, or else my hours played on the client would have actually gone up in the last couple weeks instead of remaining the same.

Get a grip. Development of a game is not this simple thing. It's about more than how many players are playing right now. There are plenty of games out there that turned into something great down the road, but on release were pretty poor, and that killed them.

It's fully possible that the lack of communication has to do with something pretty big, funding-wise, and whoever's funding it doesn't want the devs fuzzy bunny it up by talking about it, dragging more people into an incomplete game, and getting fuzzy bunny reviews like this one:

http://www.forbes.co...of-video-games/

Chill the fuzzy bunny out.

In the meantime, War Wednesdays is tomorrow.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, September 16 2014 - 04:01 PM.

Posted Image

#98 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted September 17 2014 - 01:00 AM

View Postticklemyiguana, on September 16 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

The title is biased:

'Hawken' Is Why I Hope Free-To-Play Isn't The Future Of Video Games
That doesn't sound like a bucket of sunshine to me...

Note the date of it: 6/21/13

And the bias of the writers closing remarks:

Note: This is not a review of the game. I will post a review at a later date. This is simply a commentary on F2P. Hawken may very well have one of the best F2P models around, but I still find the nature of F2P off putting.

As for the Steamcharts: http://www.steamchar.../app/271290#All

The Steamcharts are an excellent reference guide. They show a downward trend in players.
It would be pretty safe to say that the majority of players are not switching from steam launch to Hawken direct launch. I won't say that there are not people doing direct launch; but the majority are using the Steam launcher.

Only the dev's would know for sure. But they aren't saying anything about the game.
So we must use the only available data.
It is the most solid thing we currently have to go on.

#99 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted September 17 2014 - 02:42 AM

Spliff, everything you said was exactly what I was pointing out. No one wants anyone to jump to conclusions based on a version not ready for release.
Posted Image

#100 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted September 17 2014 - 05:26 AM

View PostArevizz, on September 08 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

And Jesus Christ, stop protecting the game like it was a precious ring. The game is a product that was made to entertain, and if it doesn't entertain people they are totally allowed to voice their opinion. This is not Sovjet.

And GOD DAMN, stop ruining it on people like the devs have killed your parents.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users