HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Miracle Patch {AKA: The Lazarus Effect}

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#61 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted August 14 2014 - 12:01 PM

View Postticklemyiguana, on August 14 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

We do, it seems, want to make Hawken better. But developing a game isn't this monodimensional process that LDW seems to consistently make it out to be. Size of playerbase is not representative of game quality or even user experience, and its immediacy is not the sole purpose of updates, nor always even a particular concern in every game.
It is more than possible that they just don't need or even want a huge playerbase right now, as they may or may not have a very specific vision that they want to achieve before gaining one.

This is the best argument i have heard as of yet....and makes perfect sense looking at our current situation....and you may very well be correct.....but that said you can't tell me it isn't getting scary with no Devs around or MODs...and the herd is thinning out.....
and seriously COD isn't the only game out there...
take my word for it....
meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#62 SKamikazee

SKamikazee

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 12:09 PM

I don't feel voip, and clan support are what's holding Hawken back from growing.

There's an inherently larger issue here, whether or not people want to admit it is an entirely seperate issue. There were, and still are, plenty of early access games that had missing features or broken features that still managed to garner popularity with the masses early on, Rust, DayZ, Kerbal Space program etc etc, the player bases grew, we're not seeing that with Hawken. I don't know what else to say other than, something isn't getting enough players hooked on Hawken or  to keep other than a select minority engaged. A lot of those other indie early access games grew primarily by word of mouth or one or two press releases. That buzz has come and gone, and things are the way they are now. I simply feel gameplay needs to be reevaluated to a degree, how drastic, idk.

Edited by SKamikazee, August 14 2014 - 12:13 PM.

#63 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 12:28 PM

View PostSKamikazee, on August 14 2014 - 12:09 PM, said:

I don't feel voip, and clan support are what's holding Hawken back from growing.

There's an inherently larger issue here, whether or not people want to admit it is an entirely seperate issue. There were, and still are, plenty of early access games that had missing features or broken features that still managed to garner popularity with the masses early on, Rust, DayZ, Kerbal Space program etc etc, the player bases grew, we're not seeing that with Hawken. I don't know what else to say other than, something isn't getting enough players hooked on Hawken or  to keep other than a select minority engaged. A lot of those other indie early access games grew primarily by word of mouth or one or two press releases. That buzz has come and gone, and things are the way they are now. I simply feel gameplay needs to be reevaluated to a degree, how drastic, idk.
That's true.... I downloaded Defiance and it has a nice story line and game play mechanic installed ....Not a polished game but fun nevertheless....and has at any given time a great amount of players online.
I pray the DEVs got a good plan and implement it soon...... :(
meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#64 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted August 15 2014 - 11:15 AM

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on August 14 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

Why do people keep asking for more speed in the game when the facts are showing...It's not working and were loosing pilots  like the Persian army lost soldiers to the Spartans...._
When are you folks going to get it that it's not working....
I don't want MWO..... if i did i wouldn't be here. What i do want is the feel of a heavy mech not an Iron man clone suit....
We had that before and it was almost perfectly felt and then they did what they did and walla...We have what we have now.... A suit feeling fast paced first person shooter that can't keep players on board long enough to make an impact......
Why do some  assume to feel like your in a mechs cockpit you need to be a simulator or for that matter that garbage MWO_
We already had that feeling without it being a simulator...March 2013 we had that feeling of Mechs and  now it all gone....Feels more like a person then a mech...
BTW i can say the same to you NEPT  if you want a faster game go take your pick....Fast paced games are a dime a dozen and all you want is to clone another like the rest.....no_

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on August 14 2014 - 12:01 PM, said:

take my word for it....

SPEED

If you would have played Hawken Pre-Ascension  you would say wee need it  {and the increased Armour and TTK wouldn't hurt either}

COD

Your'e right COD is the only game out there; but currently it is doing it better.
Look for yourself at whats upcoming:

http://www.callofdut...arfare/mp_video

You make valid points. The only thing I disagree is the VOIP issue.
VOIP makes a difference by connecting players to their team.
It makes everyone work together and increases the fun factor immensely.
You can use VOIP to train people, call for help, tactical, etc...
VOIP is just as important if not moreso than the AirCompressor.

Air Compressor helps the individual...
VOIP helps the team.

Regardless, we all agree these are severe points of contention here and need to be addressed soon.

#65 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted August 15 2014 - 11:27 AM

SPEED

If you would have played Hawken Pre-Ascension  you would say wee need it  {and the increased Armour and TTK wouldn't hurt either}
pre-asc hawken was slower [open beta days]

Edited by Ker4u, August 15 2014 - 11:28 AM.

- lok'tar ogar -

#66 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted August 15 2014 - 11:44 AM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on August 15 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

I've played FPS's with VOIP, few pub games ever actually used the function to do any of the above. The most I see people doing something with VOIP is using the mute function. Then you got people arguing about who to listen to, teammates telling people to shut up, that dumb*** who leaves voice activation on while the background is noisy as hell, people having conversations that are in no way game related, etc. MAYBE you get the odd game that people use it correctly but it's a rarity.

Yah, VOIP isn't all it's cracked up to be.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#67 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted August 15 2014 - 11:46 AM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on August 15 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on August 14 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

Why do people keep asking for more speed in the game when the facts are showing...It's not working and were loosing pilots  like the Persian army lost soldiers to the Spartans...._
When are you folks going to get it that it's not working....
I don't want MWO..... if i did i wouldn't be here. What i do want is the feel of a heavy mech not an Iron man clone suit....
We had that before and it was almost perfectly felt and then they did what they did and walla...We have what we have now.... A suit feeling fast paced first person shooter that can't keep players on board long enough to make an impact......
Why do some  assume to feel like your in a mechs cockpit you need to be a simulator or for that matter that garbage MWO_
We already had that feeling without it being a simulator...March 2013 we had that feeling of Mechs and  now it all gone....Feels more like a person then a mech...
BTW i can say the same to you NEPT  if you want a faster game go take your pick....Fast paced games are a dime a dozen and all you want is to clone another like the rest.....no_

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on August 14 2014 - 12:01 PM, said:

take my word for it....

SPEED

COD

Your'e right COD is the only game out there; but currently it is doing it better.

You make valid points. The only thing I disagree is the VOIP issue.
VOIP makes a difference by connecting players to their team.
It makes everyone work together and increases the fun factor immensely.
VOIP is just as important if not moreso than the AirCompressor.

Air Compressor helps the individual...
VOIP helps the team.

Regardless, we all agree these are severe points of contention here and need to be addressed soon.
seriously repacking the same old game and you call that better then a group of new folks creating a game from the ground up_ Thats the same old game repacked....That's what i don't want to play.....but then again its COD again -again- again-again....wait sorry i forgot about the advanced part  and the part 2...ooohhh and the Black Ops and ohhhh wait its all the same game,.....lol

It's why Hawken pilots are Hawken pilots. HAWKEN is not like other fps  games.....there is a uniqueness to this games play styles and its not an INSTA with one shot.....
You COD fanboys really crack me up
as if that game is doing something new ....lol but you fall for it every damn time.... sorry but i just dont get it......
BTW....I was here Before Asc and it was better then it is now(my opinion).....You were in a heavy mech even if you were the pilot of an A class mech......LOL

Edited by LONEDEADWOLF, August 15 2014 - 12:32 PM.

#68 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted August 15 2014 - 12:42 PM

View PostKer4u, on August 15 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

SPEED

It had a faster feel in my opinion.
I was Alpha and Closed Beta. I remember it felt faster to get to objectives.
TTK was superior to now. You actually had a chance to get away.
Hawken interest was growing and players played everyday. I have 1000's of hours logged into this since I first started. After Ascension my ability to play has been hindered, VOIP hasn't worked, The playerbase has declined.
It's just not Hawken anymore.

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on August 15 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

It's why Hawken pilots are Hawken pilots. HAWKEN is not like other fps  games.....there is a uniqueness to this games play styles and its not an INSTA with one shot.....

There was... Many people would disagree with your opinion of instakills.
Hawken has it's own version. It serves quite well as an instakill.

The mechs are too thin skinned now.
Death paired with the 5 second killcam 8-10 second relaunch time plus the time to return to the frontlines of the battlefield = way too bloody long! It's like being out of combat for 45 seconds every time you die.
If you die 7 times in a 15 minute match that a long time.
Many new pilots lose interest in Hawken because of this.

as if that game is doing something new ....lol but you fall for it every damn time.... sorry but i just dont get it......

Actually, I don't own a single Call of Duty game; console or otherwise. So I'm hardly a fanboy.
That one seems to have caught my interest {and probably some others as well]. I would rather spend the 60-100 on Hawken. But I don't have the confidence I once did in the current development team.
The silence is deafening.

If the next patch actually delivers something "that'll be worth the wait" I will spend my money here. If not; I'm sure there is a game out there that will give me what I pay for.

As for the "jump pack" or whatever the official name is... It appears it is new to COD.
It serves to reason they seen the need to put it into their game.
You might say repackaged and overplayed...
But you can't deny it's their winning formula and people keep coming back.

Hawken used to have a winning formula in the pre-Ascension days.
Since Ascension it has progressively lost it's flavor.

#69 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted August 15 2014 - 12:54 PM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on August 15 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

SPEED

Hawken interest was growing and players played everyday. I have 1000's of hours logged into this since I first started. After Ascension my ability to play has been hindered, VOIP hasn't worked, The playerbase has declined.

Death paired with the 5 second killcam 8-10 second relaunch time plus the time to return to the frontlines of the battlefield = way too bloody long! It's like being out of combat for 45 seconds every time you die.

Actually, I don't own a single Call of Duty game; console or otherwise. So I'm hardly a fanboy.
That one seems to have caught my interest {and probably some others as well]. I would rather spend the 60-100 on Hawken. But I don't have the confidence I once did in the current development team.

If the next patch actually delivers something "that'll be worth the wait" I will spend my money here. If not; I'm sure there is a game out there that will give me what I pay for.

As for the "jump pack" or whatever the official name is... It appears it is new to COD.

You are correct when Hawken felt like Mechs (Heavy War Machines) higher TTK and Managing more then just your heat it had a flavor like no other game...Its why i invested in the game Then they reworked the Game too many damn times ..Trying to follow God know what....
I feel like a person with body armor as if it was Tribes or BF take your pick...Its feeling of Machine has all but vanished....All that remains in my opinion of course is the shell.....By that i mean the look of the players avatar when you are shooting at it......It looks like a mech but when you pilot  it doesn't feel like a mech......That's what people are looking for when they here Mechs..... Then they play and are looking at the game like ..What_....

Edited by LONEDEADWOLF, August 15 2014 - 06:58 PM.

#70 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 10:20 PM

Currently there are 353 players in Hawken right now.

This is the LOWEST number I have ever seen.

I think we need another miracle.

Posted Image

#71 Cloudstorm

Cloudstorm

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationAlfheim

Posted August 20 2014 - 11:15 PM

Bigger maps, more immersion in the Hawken law and fix the rubbish ping for every one outside USA east coast.
Not much fun at the moment only sticking with it as I have been in it since Alpha and would hate al the good work to fail.

#72 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted August 21 2014 - 10:23 AM

View PostCloudstorm, on August 20 2014 - 11:15 PM, said:

fix the rubbish ping for every one outside USA east coast.

If only there were enough people in the other regions, then this wouldn't be a problem....

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#73 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted August 21 2014 - 10:58 AM

uhh...they make a TitanFall "clone" without mechs_ xD

#74 Daronicus

Daronicus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted August 21 2014 - 03:24 PM

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on August 15 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

SPEED

You are correct when Hawken felt like Mechs (Heavy War Machines) higher TTK and Managing more then just your heat it had a flavor like no other game...Its why i invested in the game Then they reworked the Game too many damn times ..Trying to follow God know what....
I feel like a person with body armor as if it was Tribes or BF take your pick...Its feeling of Machine has all but vanished....All that remains in my opinion of course is the shell.....By that i mean the look of the players avatar when you are shooting at it......It looks like a mech but when you pilot  it doesn't feel like a mech......That's what people are looking for when they here Mechs..... Then they play and are looking at the game like ..What_....

Just to offer a counter opinion, what attracted me to Hawken was exactly that it defied most of the trappings of the mech genre while keeping just enough to offer a unique take on fast-paced gunplay and an interesting art direction.

#75 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted August 21 2014 - 05:04 PM

View Post[HFC]Daronicus, on August 21 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on August 15 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

SPEED

Just to offer a counter opinion, what attracted me to Hawken was exactly that it defied most of the trappings of the mech genre while keeping just enough to offer a unique take on fast-paced gunplay and an interesting art direction.
True ............ it wasn't just that it wasn't the same as a simulator but the movements weren't as fast as they are now and it gave a lot of immersion with many managing systems play....you needed to know what you had before your next move...that no longer exist in the current game version....and yeah the art is awesome......im more of a doom gritty and gloomy darkness kind of person.......That was present back then but is slowly vanishing as the maps get released....as the game mechanics get reworked it seems you no longer feel that your in an Apocalypse environment......it just no longer exist......there are three or four to be  precise that give you that doom feeling but as soon as you play it's all gone..... :mellow:

I do love the art ........... :wub:

#76 HugeGuts

HugeGuts

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted September 07 2014 - 06:14 AM

o Return to Closed Beta 1 health, speeds, and fuel/heat management.

o Replace Internals with returned and improved Optimization Trees.

o Improve class differentiation by having only one primary weapon type per class, similar to the Incinerator only having rotary cannons.

This won't solve all of the game's issues, but it will at least stop the hemorrhaging.

#77 Cloudstorm

Cloudstorm

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationAlfheim

Posted September 07 2014 - 09:05 AM

Long convoluted thread with lots of views but for me it boils to do I enjoy it as much as I did.
I have played the game since Alpha and originally I really thought I was in a gritty mech and it felt real and that's been seriously eroded. The flying non realistic budgy brigade typifies the degregation in playing experience for me.
Still hopefully that the game will evolve into something that appeals to a large player base but it does have to work out what sort of game it wants to be and be true to form rather try to please every one with too many play styles.

#78 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted September 07 2014 - 11:48 PM

It's come to this...:

Posted Image

So many mixed feelings.

I believe Hawken is finally finished.

#79 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted September 08 2014 - 12:12 AM

Well u can believe whatever u like ofc,but unless we have some official news I wont give up!Every damn evening i log into game I am happy cause lots of friends are online and kicking asses,so all that doomsday theory disappear.We still having fun and the game is great,will not say anything else.

#80 Arevizz

Arevizz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationYou may call me Aregon.

Posted September 08 2014 - 05:39 AM

View PostOdinous, on September 08 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

Well u can believe whatever u like ofc,but unless we have some official news I wont give up!Every damn evening i log into game I am happy cause lots of friends are online and kicking asses,so all that doomsday theory disappear.We still having fun and the game is great,will not say anything else.
Yeah, 250+ are a lot of people for a game.

Edited by Arevizz, September 08 2014 - 05:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users