HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

I just want to say something

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted August 19 2014 - 01:43 AM

Today when I woke up, things were rather dark internally for me I didn't get much sleep because thunderstorms keep booming all night, its not that I'm scared of thunder and lightning or anything.  Its that I was simply excited about lightning and found myself watching it out the window in amazement for hours rather than sleeping.  It was a spectacular show.  Now, after reading some posts right when I woke up (for me noonish) and looking at how things were not fixed, no sign of devs, I was left in a bleak desperate situation.  I posted somethings that I'm not proud of.  I didn't think clearly when I wrote them (actually I did it from my phone while I was still in bed), and was rather critical of others.  Some of you were offended by it, some of you called me out on it, and yeah, you were right.  Like I said, I'm not proud of it.  I just want you all to know that I was in a pretty low spot, and I know that doesn't make it right that I did those terrible things, but at least maybe you'll understand the reason why I was so overcome with spite and sourness and be willing to forgive me for acting poorly.  I'm not perfect, I'm far from it.  I always look at things in a negative manner, and I over reacted.  I simply wanted the hurt to end right away instead of drawing it out over a longer period of time.  I had reached the end of my rope if you will.

Again, to [HWK]Hughes, [HWK]Defter, [HWK]ZamboniChaos, Saturnine, ticklemyiguana,
craftydus, shosca, Skitzo1d, Onstrava, and to anyone else that read that and didn't respond, I am sorry, sorry that I disappointed you, sorry that I was critical in judgement, and sorry that I was selfish.

I hope none of you will hold it against me, you can either forgive me or not, your choice.

Sincerely,
SS396

Edited by SS396, August 24 2014 - 04:55 PM.

# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#2 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted August 19 2014 - 02:04 AM

We do what we do and we are who we are, and the only way we can change that is by understanding what we do and who we are when we do it- and do something different. What's to be forgiven about presenting oneself with the opportunity to grow_ Even if it is just an online forum, you've made it plenty evident that life AFK affects what we do here, and more than likely vice versa.

We'd all be kidding ourselves if we said we hadn't done stupid things.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, August 19 2014 - 02:07 AM.

Posted Image

#3 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 19 2014 - 02:45 AM

Personally I don't think you have anything to apologize for. Your logic seemed fine. Though perhaps this is a issue of emotions and empathy. If it's that, I can't say whether or not an apology is warranted. Obviously I'm no expert when it comes to empathy.

That said, this is obviously a goodwill gesture and I can respect that.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#4 Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationThe Abyss.

Posted August 19 2014 - 03:00 AM

Posted Image
<3

Posted Image

#5 Skitzo1d

Skitzo1d

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted August 19 2014 - 04:42 AM

Your logic behind what you wanted was ok, it's just how it came across and the message that it portrayed was what I think most had a problem with.

Your perfectly fine in my book, no real need for an apology, but accepted at the same time :).

Fred is sad hes not like the other robots

Posted Image

[12:43] <@ThirdEyE> skitzo1d = worst reaper NA

#6 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted August 19 2014 - 05:06 AM

View PostSS396, on August 19 2014 - 01:43 AM, said:

Today when I woke up, things were rather dark internally for me I didn't get much sleep because thunderstorms keep booming all night, its not that I'm scared of thunder and lightning or anything.  Its that I was simply excited about lightning and found myself watching it out the window in amazement for hours rather than sleeping.  It was a spectacular show.  Now, after reading some posts right when I woke up (for me noonish) and looking at how things were not fixed, no sign of devs, I was left in a bleak desperate situation.  I posted somethings that I'm not proud of.  I didn't think clearly when I wrote them (actually I did it from my phone while I was still in bed), and was rather critical of others.  Some of you were offended by it, some of you called me out on it, and yeah, you were right.  Like I said, I'm not proud of it.  I just want you all to know that I was in a pretty low spot, and I know that doesn't make it right that I did those terrible things, but at least maybe you'll understand the reason why I was so overcome with spite and sourness and be willing to forgive me for acting poorly.  I'm not perfect, I'm far from it.  I always look at things in a negative manner, and I over reacted.  I simply wanted the hurt to end right away instead of drawing it out over a longer period of time.  I had reached the end of my rope if you will.

Again, to [HWK]Hughes, [HWK]Defter, [HWK]ZamboniChaos, Saturnine, Ashfire908, ticklemyiguana,
craftydus, shosca, Skitzo1d, Onstrava, and to anyone else that read that and didn't respond, I am sorry, sorry that I disappointed you, sorry that I was critical in judgement, and sorry that I was selfish.

I hope none of you will hold it against me, you can either forgive me or not, your choice.

Sincerely,
SS396

Completely forgotten. Don't sweat it.

Posted Image

#7 cornshuckerprime

cornshuckerprime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted August 19 2014 - 05:24 AM