HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

I present... The Floor Is Lava team comp!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted August 19 2014 - 11:44 PM

ALL INFIL

Posted Image

ALL THE TIME

Posted Image

This happened in 1 second

Posted Image

So.

Many.

Pucks.

Posted Image

I'd like to note that I managed to top the charts in one of those not because of pure actual skill, but because of sheer EOC puck spam. We melted a tech'd up vanguard in about .5 seconds.

So yeah.

New meta.

#2 I2DI

I2DI

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted August 19 2014 - 11:58 PM

Look painfull... and unhelthy. Also it's SUPER spoocky and wierd. I bet you broke someomes childhood by doing this.

I like it.
You better shouldn't do !!Science!!, 'cos i will bring it to you myself.
References to the God of References.

#3 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted August 20 2014 - 12:01 AM

The fact of the matter is, I think I went invis once.

The problem was the ability to turn any given room into a deathtrap at the literal press of a button.

#4 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 20 2014 - 01:06 AM

Enemies should have just rolled all Gren.
Then both teams would have been all the indirect area denial.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#5 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted August 20 2014 - 02:40 AM

The potential of the Eoc-R Pred has always been there. It's great in combination with mechs that are proficient at swatting mechs out of the air such as the bruiser, rocketeer, and incin. They can keep targets on the ground so enemies are forced to walk over your mines. Placement is everything, if you get good spread though it is the best area denial mech in the game.

In the previous tpg matches we considered rolling a eoc-r pred but it takes lots of coordination to play like that. It's a grueling way to fight too since you have to corral them into your mines to cause enough damage to finish them off. Most teams found running some of the other assassin classes instead proved an easier method especially if its a chaotic fight. Though in theory i could see a strategy based around a pred could be close to bullet proof if you practiced it enough. Hell you can see through walls!

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#6 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted August 20 2014 - 03:03 AM

Problem: No Heat generation - SPAM EOC PUCKS! GET OVERHEATED AFTER 5 MINUTES! COOL DOWN IN 3 SECONDS! QQ

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#7 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 20 2014 - 05:04 AM

Eh. Someone will decide it's OP and needs to go away. This happens in any warfare environment, where an unintended advantage is discovered. If it's theirs, it's "inhumane" or against "international law". If it's yours, it's bleeding edge modern warfare.
Real life scenario: WW2 Germany discovered using large-bore Anti-Aircraft shrapnel cannon against armor and infantry was stunningly effective. The allies didn't like it much, and more or less the opinions stated above were the end result.
It's all in the eye of the beholder.
Enjoy!  :D

Edited by EM1O, August 20 2014 - 05:08 AM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#8 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted August 20 2014 - 07:30 AM

EOC R is great! Also, I totally came up with the 'floor is (EOC) lava' thing.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#9 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 10:03 AM

View PostAmidatelion, on August 19 2014 - 11:44 PM, said:

I'd like to note that I managed to top the charts in one of those not because of pure actual skill, but because of sheer EOC puck spam.

Posted Image

Stacking the same mechs makes them OP, who knew :0

Edited by Sylhiri, August 20 2014 - 10:03 AM.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#10 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted August 20 2014 - 10:49 AM

Why do u always do mass infil games.  Like seriously.  Also, i wish i could do that lol

#11 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted August 20 2014 - 12:53 PM

View PostInfyrno, on August 20 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:

Why do u always do mass infil games.  Like seriously.  Also, i wish i could do that lol

Your new avatar scares me. Stop trying to overturn the status quo.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#12 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted August 20 2014 - 03:21 PM

i play early on Uptown against 4 eoc-infil + rev-grenadier... it was awful :lol:

#13 Mawnkey

Mawnkey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationDirectly Behind You

Posted August 21 2014 - 09:11 AM

View PostEM1O, on August 20 2014 - 05:04 AM, said:

Eh. Someone will decide it's OP and needs to go away. This happens in any warfare environment, where an unintended advantage is discovered. If it's theirs, it's "inhumane" or against "international law". If it's yours, it's bleeding edge modern warfare.
Real life scenario: WW2 Germany discovered using large-bore Anti-Aircraft shrapnel cannon against armor and infantry was stunningly effective. The allies didn't like it much, and more or less the opinions stated above were the end result.

Think the Geneva Convention later asked member states to promise not to use AA guns in that fashion in the future. Of course, I always think those conventions are kind of ridiculous; rules like that tend to go out the window when you're up against a country that opted out of them or a non-compliant faction takes control of a previously compliant country.

#14 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted August 21 2014 - 04:30 PM

View PostMawnkey, on August 21 2014 - 09:11 AM, said:

View PostEM1O, on August 20 2014 - 05:04 AM, said:

Think the Geneva Convention later asked member states to promise not to use AA guns in that fashion in the future. Of course, I always think those conventions are kind of ridiculous; rules like that tend to go out the window when you're up against a country that opted out of them or a non-compliant faction takes control of a previously compliant country.

Most recently the Russians used AA guns to defend against AT fire in Georgia in armoured convoys. Moving through an urban area, get shot at from the building_ Reduce the building to rubble in 45 seconds. Also works pre-emptively, because Russia.

#15 crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationWest Coast Best Coast

Posted August 21 2014 - 05:56 PM

View PostSylhiri, on August 20 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

View PostAmidatelion, on August 19 2014 - 11:44 PM, said:

I'd like to note that I managed to top the charts in one of those not because of pure actual skill, but because of sheer EOC puck spam.

Posted Image

Stacking the same mechs makes them OP, who knew :0

+1 For gif of the Doctor because impending season premier
Signing on the dotted line

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users