HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

"Account syncing failed" error at login

Beta

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Orion1189

Orion1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted October 26 2012 - 01:08 PM

So, when I start the game, it goes through logging in just fine, and then tries to sync my account, and I just get an "Account syncing failed" error with no actual error message contents beyond that. It seems, even though the servers are not functioning yet, others are at least able to launch the game properly. I was able to get in fine as well, yesterday, and even tooled around with settings and the Garage portion of the game. Today, however, all I get is this error. This is since the latest patch. Solutions_

#2 shark22

shark22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 01:13 PM

me to, no idea why

#3 forklift

forklift

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 01:14 PM

:wacko:having same issue

#4 Orion1189

Orion1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted October 26 2012 - 01:29 PM

I just uninstalled it, and am about to start reinstalling, which of course means redownloading. Ugh...  I'll post back with results, if any.

#5 Sketchy_Sounds

Sketchy_Sounds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationDundee, Scotland (UK)

Posted October 26 2012 - 01:35 PM

I have this same issue, just FYI

#6 Orion1189

Orion1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted October 26 2012 - 01:39 PM

Any of you who are also experiencing this issue, did you by chance login successfully in the past_ I'm just wondering if maybe it has something to do with my using the game yesterday, and something went amiss with the syncing of account info. Totally just a shot in the dark.

#7 Sketchy_Sounds

Sketchy_Sounds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 01:45 PM

Had the EXACT same issue yah: Logged in fine the other day, can't now. Am re-installing it (Thank God for fast internet) to see if that fixes things.

#8 Ziggycuff

Ziggycuff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 02:05 PM

Also having this problem and currently reinstalling.

#9 Orion1189

Orion1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted October 26 2012 - 02:23 PM

Still donwloading here. If you guys manage to get it fixed by reinstalling, definitely let us know. Thanks!

#10 Sketchy_Sounds

Sketchy_Sounds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 02:35 PM

Reinstall didn't fix it. I can only conclude the problem lies at the server end. Considering the wealth of other problems they've had, this doesn't surprise me.

I really do hope they fix this though - that and the other rather paralysing bug the client has whereby if you're using a UK keyboard and you press @ (like for example when having to enter your email), it thinks you pressed ` and opens the console. I have to enter @ by doing Alt+0064 currently.

#11 Ziggycuff

Ziggycuff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 02:38 PM

Reinstalling also did not work. Hopefully this becomes fixed soon...

#12 Orion1189

Orion1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted October 26 2012 - 02:40 PM

*sigh*  Welp, that sucks. Really don't want to miss out on the beta because of this.

#13 Ziggycuff

Ziggycuff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 02:45 PM

Too bad all the tech support is busy with other stuff atm

#14 Orion1189

Orion1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted October 26 2012 - 03:05 PM

Minor update. I was able to get another beta key and made a new account. After reinstalling, I was able to login/sync up just fine on that new account. So at the very least, that confirms that it is specifically an individual account-related issue. My money is still on it being related in some way to my logging in yesterday, and something getting out of "sync" so to speak. I imagine they could fix this issue by doing some sort of reset to our accounts.

#15 KaoshNL

KaoshNL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 06:19 AM

Got the same problem i reinstalled, disabled virusscanner and firewall but that didnt help also and up until now i cant find a single solution other than get an other account.

Indeed i do think it has something to do with logging in before the servers were up and buying stuff prolly has to do with that and hope they reset our accounts soon so we can login again

#16 Orion1189

Orion1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted October 27 2012 - 07:36 AM

Yeah, I think buying stuff before the servers were fully online may be the problem as well. I started the free trial of the lightwieght mech, and that might have done it. Regardless, I hope they see that this is a problem, and fix it so that we can use our original accounts.

#17 Cuff

Cuff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 07:45 AM

This has now happened to a second account, first logged in 3 hours after the beta launch. Both accounts are now unable to log in. This is really frustrating... Losing a lot of faith in meteor if a bug like this lasts into the whole weekend.

#18 dmxn8a

dmxn8a

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 17 2012 - 03:01 AM

I'm having the same problem. I logged into the first Beta, bought some stuff, and had to log out. Haven't been able to log back in cos of this error. They even sent me an email saying "we've noticed you aren't playing!"

#19 Sarcis

Sarcis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 09:48 AM

Same issue.  First time in beta.  got my key from Incgamers... made an account and entered the code.  Downloaded fine.  All i get are "account syncing failed".

#20 BoNNusCZ

BoNNusCZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 01:24 PM

Hello I just wanted to ask if there's any support at all works as contributions on this issue (at least 3 threads) with the pile but the reaction from some moderator is 0 (on facebook too 0 reactions). game looks nice but will not run unless it absolutely does not work and support so unique is what awaits negative advertising and ....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users