HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Unable to join game from 'Server Browzer'

Beta

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 MajFireStorm

MajFireStorm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, Los Angeles

Posted October 26 2012 - 10:45 PM

BUG/ISSUE: Unable to join game from 'Server Browzer', even if server is not full

CAUSE: Unknown

REPRODUCTION: Restarted game and tried to join a game through 'Server Browzer' - unsuccessfully

SEVARITY: 5 (major: due to inabilty to play)

----------------------

There seems to be also an issue with joining with 'Matchmaking' service as well.

Posted Image

#2 EmFire

EmFire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted October 26 2012 - 10:48 PM

I have been able to join if I am persistent in trying different Servers, however I have experienced many "unable to join" messages even on servers that appear to have vacancies. My main concern is the inconsistency in the ability to join servers in general.

#3 TechDani

TechDani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 10:51 PM

yeah me too

#4 Sapstengel

Sapstengel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 10:59 PM

+1
Getting annoying...been trying for 7 minutes now...no luck

#5 MajFireStorm

MajFireStorm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:58 AM

View PostEmFire, on October 26 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

I have been able to join if I am persistent in trying different Servers, however I have experienced many "unable to join" messages even on servers that appear to have vacancies. My main concern is the inconsistency in the ability to join servers in general.

I hear you, that's how it started out.  Took a few clicks, now it doesn't work at all.  Not much play time today. :(

Posted Image

#6 BullDogg

BullDogg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 01:20 AM

Same for me. Doesn't seem to connect to any servers. This game is nice, but should still be in alpha. WAY too buggy.

#7 Buttscratcha

Buttscratcha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted October 27 2012 - 05:35 AM

Same problem here. Cant join any server, nothing works, not even matchmaking.

Edited by Buttscratcha, October 27 2012 - 05:37 AM.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

#8 Fenr1r

Fenr1r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted October 27 2012 - 05:42 AM

View PostBullDogg, on October 27 2012 - 01:20 AM, said:

Same for me. Doesn't seem to connect to any servers. This game is nice, but should still be in alpha. WAY too buggy.

Agreed. Btw, 12.12.12 will be soon... But now we to much time have this --> Failed to join game, Failed to join game, Failed to join game...

*beating head against the wall*

Edited by Fenr1r, October 27 2012 - 05:42 AM.

#9 Saint_The_Judge

Saint_The_Judge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThird World

Posted October 27 2012 - 05:50 AM

After an eternity trying to at least join a single match through server browser and/or match making, I quit. Moreover, I can't see any server playing Alleys, which is the primary reason I was so exited to play this CB. In addition, can't play with bots anymore, it looks like the patch has eliminated console commands availability.
Once a girl asked me in a chat: "-ASL_" I answered: "- Very old, impotent, third world." And she got out the room. Posted Image

#10 BroncoFG

BroncoFG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 06:37 AM

For those of you who do manage to join, are you connecting directly to a selected server or are you going by "Any".

Thanks.

As for me, no luck after 10 minutes :(

#11 blitzminish

blitzminish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 06:49 AM

View PostBroncoFG, on October 27 2012 - 06:37 AM, said:

For those of you who do manage to join, are you connecting directly to a selected server or are you going by "Any".

Thanks.

As for me, no luck after 10 minutes :(
I was able to join after a few clicks, but now I am unable to join at all. I am getting "failed to join game." I used any servers before, and it worked before. Now nothing works. Match making does not work.

#12 A3DA

A3DA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 09:43 AM

Yeah same here,been able to play only ONCE throughout the start of the CB,,,cannot join ever again....

#13 Peabody

Peabody

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationWet Coast, Canada

Posted October 27 2012 - 09:47 AM

Same as OP.
No joy on any US server, trying to connect from Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Unable to connect via matchmaker or via selecting available games.
Many games listed as -1/-1 occupants.
Peabody Here
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing

#14 EmuRage

EmuRage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 09:50 AM

On the positive side, I'm getting really good and hitting Enter repeatedly. Had no trouble connecting last night. This is understandable considering how many players they added for this closed beta. It's great for a test on their end just not for us having fun.

However, as they pointed out, this is a real beta test, not a glorified demo. This is exactly the kind of thing they are trying to work out.

#15 Peabody

Peabody

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 10:03 AM

To put it in context, the beta is brief, so folks are going to be anxious about this problem. After a very successful Alpha, the affected testers are understandably feeling blindsided and frustrated.

This problem seems to be getting a fair bit of traffic across multiple threads, so how significant is it_
Peabody Here
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing

#16 Merkwurdigliebe

Merkwurdigliebe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 11:32 AM

same here

#17 MajFireStorm

MajFireStorm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 03:19 PM

Well at least they are working on it.

----------------------

View Post[MTR]Scapes, on October 27 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

Attention test pilots,

The HAWKEN Closed Beta servers will be taken offline at 4:00 PM Pacific for about two hours to address the issues that players are experiencing such as server connectivity. A new patch will automatically be downloaded via the launcher when Closed Beta service resumes.

If you're unfamiliar with beta tests, the purpose behind these events is to discover issues and address them before a game formally launches. You're helping us make HAWKEN the best mech-'em-up free-to-play shooter it can be from day one of Open Beta on December 12, 2012.

We greatly appreciate your understanding during these outages and technical headaches. Your patience speaks to the quality of the HAWKEN community and for that we thank you. During the downtime, please provide your feedback on the Closed Beta forums.

Keep being awesome and know that we're actively working to get you back in the fight ASAP.

---

Closed Beta Support
http://community.pla...d-beta-support/

How to Post a Bug Report
http://community.pla...t-a-bug-report/

Posted Image

#18 GuGz

GuGz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted October 27 2012 - 03:31 PM

Severs down :o  No servers come up when i refresh. for the pass hour or so. come on guys we only have the weekend to play..lolol :angry: <_<

#19 Peabody

Peabody

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 03:57 PM

Sounds like they encountered something significant, which is what we are here for.
Good to see that communication is going both ways. The three games I got in sure made me think that some good stuff is coming up.
Peabody Here

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users