HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Xbox Controller mapping does not work for the Analog sticks

Beta

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Zabukovic

Zabukovic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 11:33 PM

Bug:  Mapping the Xbox controls seems to work just fine, but in game the only thing that doesn't work are the analog sticks.

Cause:  Not a clue.

Test:  10 out of 10 times it failed.

Severity:  5

This sort of ruins the beta for me.  I've tried mouse and keyboard, but I just can't get used to it.  If there isn't a quick and easy way to fix this issue, then it looks like I don't get to participate.  

NOTE:  I don't mind altering config files, but I do not know what to fix/alter.  If anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT:  Damn, should've known this would have already been asked.  I just did a general search for 'Xbox', but I guess I was too lazy to check for gamepad.  Hopefully this gets resolved.

EDIT2:  I should also note that the left analog stick works just fine when browsing through the settings menu, it's only in game that it does not work.

Edited by Zabukovic, October 26 2012 - 11:42 PM.

#2 Scoop

Scoop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 06:34 PM

same here

#3 Techjoe

Techjoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 09:33 PM

Theres also no input for the right anologue stick. So if your playing with a controller you have to aim with a mouse. Besides that ive had the same problem and keyboard and mouse sux i hate useing it. but this game is hella dope. would be better with controller support

#4 Hellbly

Hellbly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:18 AM

yeah... we kinda had it in alpha 2, it would be logical to have it native in beta

#5 Baslok

Baslok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Locationruhrpott

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:31 AM

same problem here, i fell with all of you!

i know that there was a thread in alpha about changing ini files to play with gamepad, but i cant find it anymore!_

Posted Image

#6 pixlbug

pixlbug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 03:09 PM

Same problem here.
I know to some people this seems lame, but im left handed and find mouse and keyboard gaming very difficult with typical default mapping. I am unable to not suck ass at a game like this without the ability to use a controller. Game looks great and im looking fwd to playing it when these issues are ironed out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users