HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Number One Problem - "Failed To Join Game"

Beta Game

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Aris

Aris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted October 27 2012 - 09:10 AM

This has to be the number one problem at the moment, Also the slight lag (Which also may be my systems fault) Other than that this is an awesome game and i can't wait for the full release!
Posted Image

#2 Pelos

Pelos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 09:16 AM

Iv been have that prob for hours now. was playing with 2 firends for about 3 hours last night just fine. But haven't been able to join a game since about 6am PST.

The other main problem i get is that some times... at random id say every 3 to 4 games,  The game crashes and says its out of video memory and i should try turning down the texture quality. How ever the game runs smooth as silk when ever im playing.

Other than that stuff the game has been solid,. other than berserkers and infiltrators being under powered.

#3 dertter

dertter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 09:21 AM

still cant join any servers ...... please be better than blizzard and Riot meteor

#4 yazmo

yazmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 09:27 AM

first of all i have been trying for the last 12 hours to connect without success, i have to resign i hope you guy extend the beta time bcuz of this
also were here to help we been telling you about this issue, but i dont see you reply to us,

#5 Tnias

Tnias

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 10:10 AM

We agree.  The number one problem is "Failed To Join Game".
We have repeatedly but unsuccessfully tried to join the game since the Beta opened.  No success yet.  Soon we will give it up.  It would have been nice if they had at least had the training area running on the local user's computer so that you could do something with the beta instead of wait for unavailable servers.  The the training area's  "comming soon" doesn't make it.
Oh well, at least a few people seem to have made it into the game; but, you lost us with the lack of game access.
Bye!

#6 admiral505

admiral505

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 10:10 AM

I almost got into one game, then I lost connection to host. Can we say "BETA". No way to play. Poor planing for a Beta test. About to give up on this beta.

#7 jordanneff

jordanneff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 10:14 AM

The worst is that you see there are servers with -1/-1 players or 0/12 players or even 11/12 and you STILL can't join them. I haven't even been able to play at all today.

#8 Shajith

Shajith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 11:59 AM

True, can't join games :/

#9 doombot138

doombot138

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:18 PM

at least i got to get an ok impession of the game with the matches that i was able to get in to but  now it it just logs in forever . but even with all these problems its still better and more fun than mechwarrior

#10 GundamJehuty

GundamJehuty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:25 PM

Same issue as everyone else. Even at this hour. Unable to join any games even when there's plenty of space. Search just seems to loop as well.

#11 ZippoLag

ZippoLag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:33 PM

Me too, can't join any match. Matchmaking reports there are no servers available (even if I select "any region" and "any kind of game") and when browsing the servers they all appear to have 0 latency and none will let me join..

#12 RockSlide

RockSlide

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:36 PM

I just run down the server list double clicking to join, in the end I always get in. I go through maybe 10 servers before I can connect to one. I find the player count isn't reflected properly usually.
RockSlide! It's super effective.

#13 heloman

heloman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 02:47 PM

i also am unable to join a battle. i got all excited when i finally was let in to a server for a battle, hit launch and promptly got a message that i was out of video memory...same problem as in the alpha. i saw that 32bit dx9 was being used so i hoped the memory problem had been addressed; guess not yet. so far unable to play.

#14 Guitarman5

Guitarman5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted October 27 2012 - 03:08 PM

Same problem, the very first time I got into a server, got to the launch screen, hit launch and it said I lost connection. not able to join anything after that, and then servers disappeared all together.

#15 Neogodhobo

Neogodhobo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 03:09 PM

yep, put me on that list too.

#16 Mezion

Mezion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 03:17 PM

From what I can see I could join no servers with -1 max people - hardly suprising. It looks like they are running an unrecognised version_

I find joining servers intermittant. I try to join random servers with free slots, and cannot - as reported above.

I was trying to join 6365 - deathmatch - 9/12 people. Could not join. Repeatedly. My teammates were in there. He left, I joined. From this I conclude the server max was 9, not 12, but the server browser is not reporting the maximum slot count. On that note any server that is working seems to have a reported max of 12.

I assume this ties in with the lack of ping - although I haven't read that thread yet. Hope this helps.

#17 colombianBAMBAM

colombianBAMBAM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 03:37 PM

me too

#18 Dinre

Dinre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 06:46 PM

Got the most recent patch, but I still can't join any games in any region.  I'll try again tomorrow.

Posted Image

#19 DeltaForce95

DeltaForce95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 07:53 PM

I tend to try joining a game, 50% successful then after that round I lose connection, the other 50% i just can't join and it bugs out from the start not allowing me to join the game.
Hope the overtime pay is worth it guys

#20 MexiJeshua

MexiJeshua

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 08:07 PM

I was able to connect and play just fine earlier in the day. I left home for a few hours and then I just applied the patch that was placed to help this failed to connect issues that was reported and now I cannot connect to any servers. If I do a search for servers instead of any on find matchmaking, it lists most of the servers as empty with the very few that have players in to be at full capacity. Perhaps this is a patch error for the server side now_

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users