HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Number One Problem - "Failed To Join Game"

Beta Game

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Gamemako

Gamemako

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 09:15 PM

Same thing has begun happening to me. I had no such issues before the patch. In the server browser, all latencies are listed as 0. I can see them, but I can't join any games anymore. But wait, there's more!

I hit the verify button after some fooling, and it eventually did do the full verification process. This oddly reset my settings, and when I tried to join a random game, I was able to play one game. After that, I went back and changed my video settings back, and WHAM, couldn't join any games again. I've gone back and tried deleting my settings manually. This allows me to attempt to join games (it finds them and connects to them), but instead of going to the game, it dumps me out after loading and says I lost connection to the host.

But then I start fuzzy bunny with the CloudEmulationSettings setting in the Cloud folder. Toying with that has given me bizarre success, though I'm not quite sure whether that is happenstance or whether I'm actually doing something. Either way, I played some deathmatch. Some guy took my prey, and I called a vendetta on him and murdered him repeatedly for the rest of the match. Got top score and killed him more times than anyone else. I'm sure he regretted pissing off the first-place guy.

Edited by Gamemako, October 27 2012 - 09:16 PM.

#22 electrozity8

electrozity8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 10:10 PM

Same here. I've been trying for a couple hours now with no success, and when I do manage to connect it DC's me from the server saying I lost connection to the host.
This is a real disappointment to be honest, the alpha was great but this beta is kinda lackluster.
Posted Image

#23 r3ts

r3ts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 08:35 AM

Count me in to the club of disappointment :-(

Can't join _any_ servers since the patch. Before I couldn't join any servers because they were all full but now I can't even join the empty ones. I'm sure the devs are doing their best but this has been a huge disappointment and waste of time. I've spent probably 2 hours in the game of which only 5 minutes were actual gameplay (which admittedly was great).

#24 Scalia

Scalia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 08:42 AM

Same. Match maker is not working and cant connect to servers either.

#25 charlatan

charlatan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 08:51 AM

I'm getting tired of this, the same error from the start of the event, failed to join servers, patch didnt work too. TELL US SOMETHING ALREADY

#26 Jutah

Jutah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 08:57 AM

Also unable to join, also all servers show Zero latency.

#27 nitram100

nitram100

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 09:03 AM

Haven't played the beta since it began, this really is full of fail. I can't be bothered any more and will just wait till it's released.

#28 fractalPi

fractalPi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 09:05 AM

I cant join any server,doesnt matter what number of players is in,or what mode it is,or how many times I try,its always "failed to join server"

#29 Ninjaman999

Ninjaman999

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 10:02 AM

Agreed, Im having that problem alot after the patch. It wasen't as bad friday night. Not to mention if the devs wants this game to suceed, one of their biggest priorities should be making sure when someone just wants to jump into a game as fast as possible, it happens. Ive had some afternoons where "Instant Action" doesent work in a game and I get mad. After enough of this, I ditch the game completely (A great example of Max Payne 3, AMAZING multiplayer but ****ed up matchmaking)

Edited by Ninjaman999, October 28 2012 - 10:02 AM.

#30 ZeroSecs

ZeroSecs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 01:50 PM

Yes, this is the number one problem that needs to be addressed. I agree.

#31 5hark

5hark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:13 PM

Same connection issue here.

Hey, at least we are all allowing them to test their brokering system. This is what a beta is for.

I am sure they will address this soon.

#32 Solphyn

Solphyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:27 PM

We agree. The number one problem is "Failed To Join Game".
I test in Brazil, but not work... in all moment i receive erro "Failed To Join Game". :(

#33 fractalPi

fractalPi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:27 PM

anybody heard some official statement on this issue_ like when they plan to fix it___  honestly I am surprised this thread have only two pages,I would expect it to have atleast 20 considering how fatal and widespread this error is... I just want to hear from devs that they are  very aware of it and working on fixing it asap

#34 csdragon123456

csdragon123456

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:40 PM

its been a problem but oh well eventully Im able to get into a game

#35 csdragon123456

csdragon123456

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:45 PM

ok nvm at this point I cant even join

#36 Verlust

Verlust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationHollywood.

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:53 PM

Thanks Hawken team for 3 days of awesome server browser gameplay.

#37 L0ngH4mm3r

L0ngH4mm3r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:55 PM

same as everyone else. Can't login. Got to the point where I tried to login to EVERY west coast server today. Closest I got was a really long waiting to join message. After a couple four or five minutes I cancelled it and moved on to the next server.

Really dig the game so far when I can play, although you might want to turn down the heat build up. when you get jumped by two or more players, your just doomed.

Thanks!

L0ngH4mm3r

#38 AtomskRenewal

AtomskRenewal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostVerlust, on October 28 2012 - 02:53 PM, said:

Thanks Hawken team for 3 days of awesome server browser gameplay.

lawl

Same here. I see the maps' names and I wonder how do they look. It's a great way to exercise your imagination.

#39 HairyBumcrack

HairyBumcrack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 03:18 PM

Same problem

#40 ChimRicholdsIII

ChimRicholdsIII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 03:24 PM

I cant join most games, the games I do manage to join I get "disconnected from host." Wish I could help with the beta but I cant seem to stay in a game longer than 5 min. Lame. Do better.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users