HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

No servers in Australia

Introduction

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sebf98

Sebf98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 12:01 AM

There are no Australian servers. This is a big down side to the current beta. If Australian/Asian servers were made your market would be greatly increased by millions. I have addressed this issue with many possible cliental for this game. I have asked 200 people who have signed up for the closed beta and have downloaded it and have permanent residence in Australia. 9 in 10 said that they have had a bad experience with the closed beta and therefore will not download the full game once it is released.

#2 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 29 2012 - 12:04 AM

This isn't a bug, so you should probably search in the Suggestions forum. Definitely need some Aussie/NZ/oceania servers, though, I can't imagine what the ping is.

But you need to realize that this is still Closed Beta and things are limited. This is not the final product Adhesive and Meteor are going to be putting out.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#3 vk1ac

vk1ac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 12:42 PM

The ping to Australia is in the hundreds of milliseconds and renders gameplay which reminds me of the modem era. Those good old days where you got capped by your enemy even before they appeared on your screen. Doesn't seem to matter how much grunt your system has. The way they're updating the graphics is just too slow for being sent over the pond and back.
They'll wake up to the fact there's an enormus player base in the PacRim and set a few well placed servers in Oz, maybe Japan & Singapore.

Does anyone know what they use as a backhaul link between servers_

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Introduction

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users