HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)

Beta

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NioXin

NioXin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 02:36 AM

• Bug: Game causes BSOD after a short period of game play. Symptoms start as Sounds crackling, then that gets worse before the the frame rates start to plummet. Then eventually everything starts to glitch to its frozen blue screen demise.
  • Cause: Unsure of cause, maybe Graphics drivers, they are up to date, but it ran fine with out drama during Alpha test. Since has been a nVidia driver release. Nothing else on my PC has changed, and all my drivers are always up to date.
  • Reproduction: The bug occurres every time after entering a match.
  • Severity: 5+
Copy paste FTW!

P.S. this is terrible for me, I cant afford to have my PC crash like this. Please let me know when this bug is fixed before I am prepared to even load this game again.

Edited by NioXin, October 30 2012 - 02:38 AM.

#2 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 05:01 AM

View PostNioXin, on October 30 2012 - 02:36 AM, said:

• Bug: Game causes BSOD after a short period of game play. Symptoms start as Sounds crackling, then that gets worse before the the frame rates start to plummet. Then eventually everything starts to glitch to its frozen blue screen demise.
  • Cause: Unsure of cause, maybe Graphics drivers, they are up to date, but it ran fine with out drama during Alpha test. Since has been a nVidia driver release. Nothing else on my PC has changed, and all my drivers are always up to date.
  • Reproduction: The bug occurres every time after entering a match.
  • Severity: 5+
Copy paste FTW!

P.S. this is terrible for me, I cant afford to have my PC crash like this. Please let me know when this bug is fixed before I am prepared to even load this game again.

A game very rarely ever causes a BSOD. But with out the BSOD information it will be impossible to tell you what is going on.

Download this and you can get the BSOD information that happened and can pass it along: http://www.nirsoft.n...creen_view.html

#3 Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationTilburg, Netherlands

Posted November 03 2012 - 02:16 AM

It may be a good idea to revert to the drivers of which you are pretty sure they worked, run the OCCT Linpack test or Prime95 (in "blend" mode) for a couple of hours. If this does not help or lastmentioned test(s) show (an) error(s), it may be a good idea to undust the PC (esp. CPU and graphics cooler). If applicable, set the memory clock and latency settings on the right values manually (instead of "auto").
Wandering Gun #29 (semi-retired until further notice)

#4 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 03 2012 - 02:35 AM

Knowing the specs of your hardware also really helps. That said, the crackling, then crashing, points to either soundcard issues or RAM going bad.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#5 Wakkox

Wakkox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 07:19 AM

I just had a BSOD right now when entered my first match, just after 5 seconds of gameplay.
Everything in Ultra.

Intel i5 2500k @4 GHz
Nvidia GTX 580 1,5GB
8 GB RAM
Win 7 64 bits

Here's the report from the blue screen.

EDIT: I'll post this in the Beta Event 2 subforum

Attached Files

Edited by Wakkox, November 09 2012 - 07:28 AM.

#6 Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationTilburg, Netherlands

Posted November 11 2012 - 09:27 AM

Once again, a BSOD is not a bug. It is a stability issue and not a game issue.
Wandering Gun #29 (semi-retired until further notice)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users