HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Favourite moments of CBT1

Beta Community

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted October 31 2012 - 10:33 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on October 31 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

I'm very familiar with that idea.
The matchmaker in Global Agenda (which I've played for 2+ years) is notorious for putting one or two very good players on a team and then filling the rest of the team (teams of 10) with people who may or may not actually be blindfolded monkeys overdosed on hallucinogenic drugs. They may or may not also have hands to use with their keyboard and mouse.
And then it'll put 5 or more generally competent (read: functioning brains, free of harmful chemical influence, possibly human) players on the opposite team to "counter" the one or two great players.
And I'd presume what basically happens is the 1-2 good players get steamrolled under the numbers and better averaged skill of the other team, correct_
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#22 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted October 31 2012 - 10:40 AM

View PostDarkPulse, on October 31 2012 - 10:33 AM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on October 31 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

I'm very familiar with that idea.
The matchmaker in Global Agenda (which I've played for 2+ years) is notorious for putting one or two very good players on a team and then filling the rest of the team (teams of 10) with people who may or may not actually be blindfolded monkeys overdosed on hallucinogenic drugs. They may or may not also have hands to use with their keyboard and mouse.
And then it'll put 5 or more generally competent (read: functioning brains, free of harmful chemical influence, possibly human) players on the opposite team to "counter" the one or two great players.
And I'd presume what basically happens is the 1-2 good players get steamrolled under the numbers and better averaged skill of the other team, correct_
Depends on how hard you can carry :P
There was a fairly small group within the PvP community that would still win a fair number of matches, but the skill discrepancy was pretty huge and only getting larger as a result

It also promoted stagnation in builds, since anything sub-optimal made it harder to carry. Those who would strive for higher scores and more wins would be encouraged to stick to safer methods of play

It did, overall, detract from the game experience
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#23 BeefC4ke

BeefC4ke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 10:51 AM

Favorite by far was a seige match I had with the Dirtnap Gaming crew. We came into a match on the losing side (1/3) and the other team had (3/3) and we brought out the win with some pretty epic team work.
/Merf-isms - What will he come up with next_

dirtnapgaming.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users