HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Mount Up for HAWKEN's Second Closed Beta Event!

Announcement Beta Event Community Game News

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted November 07 2012 - 07:26 PM

Posted Image

HAWKEN's second Closed Beta event starts in a few short hours! The event starts around 12:00 PM on November 8 and runs until Tuesday evening, November 13 at 11:59 PM. All times are in Pacific Daylight Time (-8 GMT). To join this event, grab a code from one of the many giveaways we’re holding this week on partner websites. If you participated in Alpha 2, you’re all set and do not need to redeem a new code. There is no non-disclosure agreement for the Closed Beta events; we encourage you to capture footage and screenshots of your battles and share them. Please remember that the Alpha 2 NDA remains in effect.

What's next_ Check out Closed Beta Event 2's patch notes or recap Closed Beta Event 1 with Producer Paul Loynd!

---

Still have questions_ Read on!

When is the next Closed Beta Event_
Our second Beta Event begins Thursday November 8 around 12:00 PM Pacific and will close Tuesday November 13 at 11:59 PM Pacific. Not sure what time that is for you_ Here's a handy world clock to help you see what time Pacific time is in your time zone. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Will you be wiping between the last Closed Beta Event and this one_
No, you can continue building out that battle mech you've come to know and love.

Will there be more Closed Beta Events_
Yes! We'll be announcing future events at a later date.

How do I know I'm in the latest closed Beta Event_
If you were in Alpha 2 or Closed Beta Event 1, you're set! Additionally, you should receive an email confirming your invitation prior to the start of the event along with a download link.

How do I get a code_
We've given codes to a few select partners, and when we hear they're handing out codes, we'll be sure to announce it on our Twitter and Facebook, as well as here on the forums.

How do I redeem my code_
Got your hands on a Closed Beta code_ Congrats! Log into your account (or create one!) on the PlayHawken.com website. See on the upper right side of the navigation bar there_ That little section that says "Redeem Code"_ Click that and put your code in!

How do I download the Closed Beta client_
Once we're ready to release the Closed Beta client, you'll receive an email from us with a download link. You will need to uninstall the Alpha 2 client if you have it installed.

I played in the Alpha 2 Event but didn't make it into the last Closed Beta. Do I need to download a new client_
Yes, you'll need to uninstall the Alpha client before downloading the current Beta client.

I played in the last Closed Beta event; will I need a new download_
You won't need to re-download the client. The HAWKEN launcher will patch up to the newest version.

I was invited to the last Closed Beta Event but didn't make it in. How do I download the game_
You will receive an email confirming your invitation prior to the start of the Closed Beta Event, along with a download link. If you are logged in, you can also check on your status here: http://www.playhawken.com/beta

Can I post footage of Closed Beta_
YES! There is no NDA with Closed Beta, feel free to discuss your experiences and upload media!

Help! I broke it!
If you're having issues with Closed Beta at all, be sure to check out the Closed Beta Support section of the forums. http://community.pla...ed-beta-support
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#2 Optimus_Lime

Optimus_Lime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 07:38 PM

ME GUSTA FOREVER

expect me

#3 PeppermintButler

PeppermintButler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 08:16 PM

Absolutely stoked for this. Can't wait ! (on a side note, it's already 1PM on the 8th here ! Please try to keep up lol)

#4 Debaser

Debaser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted November 07 2012 - 08:51 PM

I Just finished building a Lego version of the TV Mech, I started it during the last Closed Beta. It stands 10 inches tall, has an assault rifle and a TOW Rocket Launcher. No pictures tonight, I'm off to bed. Expect to see the pictures Friday evening. I'll start a thread when I've taken them! Can't wait to jump back in my TV Mech!

EDIT*

Pictures! It did happen:)
Posted Image

Edited by Debaser, November 08 2012 - 04:23 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted November 07 2012 - 09:30 PM

View PostDebaser, on November 07 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

I Just finished building a Lego version of the TV Mech, I started it during the last Closed Beta. It stands 10 inches tall, has an assault rifle and a TOW Rocket Launcher. No pictures tonight, I'm off to bed. Expect to see the pictures Friday evening. I'll start a thread when I've taken them! Can't wait to jump back in my TV Mech!

Pics or it didn't happen. :3
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#6 DragoFireNZ

DragoFireNZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 09:46 PM

Love the game, but hate the constant whole download comlete new install, uninstall. Developers fix the installer so we only have to run that to get the "NEW!!!" modified files.

Instead of Downloading a couple of gigabyte of install every couple of weeks will be wasting your future clients bandwidth and also ours with each download.

something to think about, other than that great game and love the progression between each set of testing.

If the loader has a set IP address it itself can update itself like most games do these days.

Edited by DragoFireNZ, November 07 2012 - 09:48 PM.

#7 Snoof

Snoof

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationLocation, Location

Posted November 07 2012 - 10:43 PM

View PostScapes, on November 07 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

View PostDebaser, on November 07 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

Pics or it didn't happen. :3

yay a fellow happy troll, well good to see that DEVs have a sense of humor as well
Posted Image

#8 Dackstrus

Dackstrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationKami's Lookout

Posted November 07 2012 - 10:45 PM

Can we have the manifest early so we can take a look around, Get settings set, and maybe a little offline before noon tomorrow_
One should always know better...
I don't speak often. But when I do...
Vanguard: Fat@$$
Berserker: Drammel
R.I.P. Assault of Alpha 2: Popo The Black

#9 DCNZ

DCNZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationAuckland, NewZealand

Posted November 07 2012 - 11:10 PM

Waiting...
Alpha 2's epic! Thanks Hawken team.

#10 Iconicz

Iconicz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 12:00 AM

IT says unable to download manifest everytime i try and download.

#11 Azdeath

Azdeath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Locationevery where

Posted November 08 2012 - 12:15 AM

View PostIconicz, on November 08 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

ok 20 min past time and un able to do {same resion } illl wate 1 hr past will they keep there time table lets seee
this means servers are down

Edited by Azdeath, November 08 2012 - 12:17 AM.

azdeath is my name and its from d&d (i get az death alot its pronounced az,deth not death

#12 Deu

Deu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationWhite Base

Posted November 08 2012 - 12:20 AM

View PostAzdeath, on November 08 2012 - 12:15 AM, said:

ok 20 min past time and un able to do {same resion } illl wate 1 hr past will they keep there time table lets seee

It amazes me you can use a keyboard but not tell the difference between noon and midnight.

Posted Image

#13 Azdeath

Azdeath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Locationevery where

Posted November 08 2012 - 12:25 AM

View PostDeu, on November 08 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:

View PostAzdeath, on November 08 2012 - 12:15 AM, said:

It amazes me you can use a keyboard but not tell the difference between noon and midnight.
lol my clocks off :P that tells me every thing i hate time zones
azdeath is my name and its from d&d (i get az death alot its pronounced az,deth not death

#14 Redeye_Jedi

Redeye_Jedi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 01:27 AM

Posted Image

#15 CyanideFuse

CyanideFuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 08 2012 - 02:40 AM

Can't wait.

The only problem is there are two of us that use this gaming PC so it could be a fight 'til the death to see who gets to play tonight.

#16 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 08 2012 - 03:32 AM

View PostDackstrus, on November 07 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

Can we have the manifest early so we can take a look around, Get settings set, and maybe a little offline before noon tomorrow_
Offline_ You mean using the local open command_ That got disabled in the patch before CBT1 started.

Just wait until noon relative to GMT -8, people.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#17 QuantumHive

QuantumHive

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted November 08 2012 - 03:34 AM

Just 8 hours and 30 minutes to go :3
Expect me and my friends to kick your asses :D
And of course our duty to report bugs ^^

<3
Does the set of all sets contain itself_

#18 steventheace

steventheace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 03:37 AM

Nice!

#19 Jaskinny_zgliszcz

Jaskinny_zgliszcz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 03:54 AM

Unable to download manifest_

#20 Hoobabuba

Hoobabuba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 04:08 AM

I have a mistake "unable to download manifest " can't to download the client, Why_

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Beta, Event, Community, Game, News

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users