HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Couldn't figure out how to close settings.

Beta

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BrankoV

BrankoV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 12:24 PM

Just a quick thing, it took me like 5 minutes to realize I had to reclick the Settings dialog to close it. Might want to add an [x] in the corner or a closer button or something. Just a small user experience suggestion.

Maybe I'm just an fuzzy bunny and the only one who had this problem but it was highly annoying.

Edited by BrankoV, November 10 2012 - 12:29 PM.

#2 groundpounder

groundpounder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 12:44 PM

View PostBrankoV, on November 10 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

Just a quick thing, it took me like 5 minutes to realize I had to reclick the Settings dialog to close it. Might want to add an [x] in the corner or a closer button or something. Just a small user experience suggestion.

Maybe I'm just an fuzzy bunny and the only one who had this problem but it was highly annoying.

+1

#3 Sparkard

Sparkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 01:16 PM

+1
(Although i'm not sure if it's the correct forum to post in and bug section is getting a bit cramped while suggestion forum is still kinda small so it'd be easier to notice that suggestion there.
Peope in general have a tendency to post accurate suggestions in bug forums and fantasies in suggestion forums, but that's just a side note :P )

Edited by Sparkard, November 10 2012 - 01:20 PM.

#4 Lev_Astov

Lev_Astov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 01:37 PM

I was going to make the same complaint.  The new UI is quite nice, but there are a number of standard design considerations that need to be addressed.

Nearly everybody is used to certain features in menus, such as back or close buttons at the bottom.  Similarly, users are used to Yes/No option boxes having Yes on the left and No on the right, while the buttons in Hawken are reversed.  It's like a neuropathway/muscle memory thing.  Every time I go to exit the game, I instinctively click the left button when the popup appears and then I fail to exit.  I'm learning, but it's little things like this that will add up towards overall user acceptance.

#5 Sparkard

Sparkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 02:07 PM

View PostLev_Astov, on November 10 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

Similarly, users are used to Yes/No option boxes having Yes on the left and No on the right

Linux users have it other way around.

Edited by Sparkard, November 10 2012 - 02:17 PM.

#6 Lev_Astov

Lev_Astov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 02:37 PM

View PostSparkard, on November 10 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

View PostLev_Astov, on November 10 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

Similarly, users are used to Yes/No option boxes having Yes on the left and No on the right

Linux users have it other way around.

That explains that, then.  I'd still recommend switching it for their core audience, but I'm not exactly suffering over it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users