HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Great mech games of the past.

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 Shai_tan

Shai_tan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted August 28 2011 - 06:21 PM

Hmmmm  I liked Segas GunGriffon back in the day. Mechwarrior 2 was.... ok. But Mechwarrior 3 PC was THE title to actually put me in the cockpit as far as making me FEEL like I was actually piloting a Mech.  FEEL is most import to me, feel and player immersion.

Starsiege,  had a few good moments, but my gods was it horrible as far as piloting. Your view was always pinned forward. Aaarrgge The cloak effect was interesting tho. Maps were pretty dull.

I was lucky enough to win a spot on Activisions Beta Team for Heavy Gear 2. The Shadow Guard. I came in near the end of developement, but did well online against quite a few of their Elite Team. Those were exciting times. Sadly, Activision didn`t listen to us at all it seems, cause when they actually released HG 2, it was so freaking HEAVY controlwise, it drove a ton of players away.  Piloting went from nimble and intuitive, to feeling like you were driving a gold brick.

The most fun we had was actually in the Space map/Jungle Swamp map demo. lol

Never tried Chromehounds, but saw the vids. The Mechs moved way too slow for me. And the price of that controller accessory___  LOLOL

I really hope that Hawkens sales show the bigger players that Mech games still are Marketable. I`d love a new Mech SIM!!!!!!
I`m here to chew bubblegum... and kick azz, and I`m all outta azz!

#62 Crow

Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted August 29 2011 - 03:44 PM

Exteel was an amazing mech MMO, sad to see it got shut down.
Metal Rage (Taiwan) is pretty fun
Front Mission Evolved.....meh....could have been a whole lot better, had potential
Armored Core 4 answer Definitely an amazing mech game....I always wanted to play....unfortunately I do not have a PS3....

-Ah there is also border break, it is a japanese arcade game only in japan still. I think they are putting it to PC but I don't know many details...

#63 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted August 29 2011 - 04:31 PM

AzureCrow said:

Ah there is also border break, it is a japanese arcade game only in japan still. I think they are putting it to PC but I don't know many details...
I love Border Break! It's sooooo good! I would kill to get my hands on a Sega RingEdge, importing expenses be damned!

#64 Crow

Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted August 29 2011 - 04:42 PM

What the...you've played it_ o.o
How_

#65 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted August 29 2011 - 04:52 PM

AzureCrow said:

What the...you've played it_ o.o
How_
I spent a year living in Japan. Arcades were never in short supply. ;)

#66 Crow

Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted August 29 2011 - 05:16 PM

I hate you.

#67 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted August 29 2011 - 05:19 PM

D:

#68 k0rN_b4LL

k0rN_b4LL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted September 09 2011 - 09:52 AM

Shai`tan said:

Never tried Chromehounds, but saw the vids. The Mechs moved way too slow for me. And the price of that controller accessory___  LOLOL!!!
Are you sure you aren't reffering to Steel Battalion_  Chromehounds didn't come with a special controller.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users