HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Turret mode should deploy a third, bigger gun

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 KazumaSaru

KazumaSaru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted November 15 2012 - 12:41 PM

View Post3Jane, on November 15 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

I just don't see turret mode as fun... I get the idea, it could even be fun if you changed it enough. Most of the time it isn't though, even in a team mode, even in siege or sitting on a point.
  Standing still and getting shot at/shooting things just feels like a point and click flash game, not cool, not engaging or difficult, no thrill to it.

No excitement of being invisible, can they see me_ Will I escape/evade them_

No thrill of the hunt using weapons coolant to clinch that kill.

No joy as my damage soars with sharpshooter.

Personally when I've played B or C class for a few games and jump in to A class again.. that speed, the maneuverability. THAT is pure fun.
Give me 5 seconds of that on a C mech as an ability any day, hell even 3 seconds.

Sorry I keep repeating the same stuff in a couple threads guys but it feels like so many suggestions are just people trying to polish the fuzzy bunny that is turret mode.

Well you see, the only reason i'm trying to improve Turret Mode is to make it a "Viable" Special Move.
I'm not trying to play the entire game in "Duck Hunt Mode"
i would just like to have a different option, if i get into a sticky situation or if i need to repair.
if it actually worked the way it was supposed to it would be a positive more than a negative.
I understand what you are saying but isn't the beta suppose to make those fuzzy bunnies HD_

#62 3Jane

3Jane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted November 15 2012 - 12:55 PM

Don't understand the last question/sentence :)

The good thing with Adhesive is that they can actually change things majorly compared to bigger developers. I see what they tried with turret mode but so far they haven't made any improvements to something so clearly not working as intended. Its cool you enjoy the turret though thats good. Just for myself I know 9/10 if I'm in turret mode it make me less effective rather than more effective, its just waaaaay too situational. Some buffs could make it more generally useful though.

It'd actually be pretty sick if turret mode was a single shot, huge ordnance on a cooldown. 1 minute recharge, can't move, no improved hp, just a  setup and a super powerful heat cannon-style charged shot (;

Edited by 3Jane, November 15 2012 - 12:56 PM.

#63 KazumaSaru

KazumaSaru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted November 15 2012 - 01:08 PM

yea that sounds pretty fancy lol, but i would rather stick to the tiny turret in my head! becuase then i would have another thing on cooldown that doesn't help except for every Respawn haha

#64 oSPANNERo

oSPANNERo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted November 15 2012 - 01:09 PM

View PostHipnox, on November 15 2012 - 08:23 AM, said:

View PostoSPANNERo, on November 15 2012 - 07:15 AM, said:

Looks like this thread isn't the only one thinking along these kinds of lines:

http://community.pla...__20#entry93739

Both threads where started by me...

You, Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!

Edited by oSPANNERo, November 15 2012 - 02:11 PM.

#65 Frenotx

Frenotx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationConway, AR

Posted November 17 2012 - 04:15 PM

View PostKazumaSaru, on November 15 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

(I strongly believe that these classes got secretly nerfed) <---- have no idea why, but that's what i believe.

The class didn't get nerfed; people got better. A mech in turret mode is extremely easy to deal with, if you know what you're doing. In CB1, you were killing people that didn't know what they were doing. Once people got the hang of the game, you were faced with the fact that turret mode is a liability.
Your friendly otter-fox hybrid abomination about town.

To pronounce my name correctly, just pretend the 't' isn't there. You can also think of it as "Freno - [sodacan opening sound]"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users