HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Multiple Test Drive Mech Unlock

Beta

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 byaafacehead

byaafacehead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 12:33 PM

Summary/Reproduce: I looked around and it didn't seem like anyone else reported this.. so if this is a duplicate my bad. Anyways in the last open beta I tried test driving the Infiltrator class (temporarily unlocking for whatever free period specified by Adhesive). But when doing this there may have been some lag or something but I ended up doing it twice so I was test driving 2 Inf. classes. When the class expired I decided to unlock one of the classes permanently and when I did this, instead of only unlocking one I just got both of the 2 Inf. classes unlocked for what I'm pretty sure was the price of one (unless it double charged me which I wouldn't have noticed but seems super unlikely).
Frequency: Currently there aren't any mechs available for test driving so I can't replicate this bug... Anyone else run into this sort of thing_
Severity: -1 since I got a free mech lol.. but potentially a 5 if its a way to get free mechs seeing how that hurts Hawken's business model
System Specs: (prob unnecessary but can't hurt) Win7 Professional, i7-3820 CPU, 8GB of Cosair Vengeance RAM, some Netgear router that I don't feel like looking up blah

Edit: Added info and reorganized to fit guidelines

Edited by byaafacehead, November 12 2012 - 12:43 PM.

#2 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 12 2012 - 09:33 PM

I don't see how it would hurt the business model THAT much since you're getting multiple naked, unequipped mechs, and that's where the real cost is, because otherwise you've got TWO sitting-duck infils instead of one, heh. But, yes, this's definitely a bug. Nice find!
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users