HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

sharp shooter doent have any other gun unlock at level 20

Beta

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LTCannonFodder

LTCannonFodder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 04:10 PM

I think is pretty lame that there is no new weapon unlocked for the sharp shooter at level 20 but the point d vulcan unlocks at level 20 for the assault style mechs. Why not have level 20 unlock a 3 round burst primary for the sharpshooter or a point d vulcan just something would be nice. right now its kinda anticlimactic to hit leve 20 with this class.
Also, if your complaining the sharpshooter is overpowered you dont know how to take cover and you probably spary and pray. You probably plan on using one assault class the entire time you play. your probably mouthing your words as you read this. Its called strategy guy if you dont like taking sniper fire then stay out of his line of sight. Its really just as easy as avoiding someones point d turret.

#2 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 13 2012 - 04:13 PM

I guarantee that this is not the final way Sharpshooter will be set up. There is more content coming.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#3 Skrill

Skrill

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationSkrillville, CA

Posted November 13 2012 - 04:14 PM

i agree i want a three round burst rifle with the same damage as the slug cannon but spread over three projectiles for more use in tight spaces. kind of a cross between the sa hawkens and the slug cannon.
Posted Image

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 08 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

You're exactly right.

#4 Skrill

Skrill

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 04:16 PM

View PostElix, on November 13 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

I guarantee that this is not the final way Sharpshooter will be set up. There is more content coming.
hopefully it is the right content. like more guns to kill people at range
Posted Image

You're exactly right.

#5 LTCannonFodder

LTCannonFodder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 04:23 PM

yeah good damage balance is key right now the point d is a little rediculous. its like "hey you just hit level 20 with your mini mech! now you get the god gun! have fun making people cry" i mean its fun to play with and shred enimy's but it is a little unfair.

#6 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 13 2012 - 04:42 PM

View PostSkrill, on November 13 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

i agree i want a three round burst rifle with the same damage as the slug cannon but spread over three projectiles for more use in tight spaces. kind of a cross between the sa hawkens and the slug cannon.
AKA basically the EOC Repeater_ :P
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#7 Skrill

Skrill

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 04:50 PM

Yeah but with faster projectiles eoc repeater is slow more like a three round burst hawkens
Posted Image

You're exactly right.

#8 Sparkard

Sparkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 01:09 AM

I think it's a good idea, although i'm not /sign ing under it because i'm not sure if 3burst would be "the best" solution.
But if this 3burst would work like it should in every game, and by that i mean:
More accuracy loss over time and more accuracy gain.
For the sake of example, let's say we have weapon A - with fire rate 0,5
so we would deal 3xbullet damage in 1,5s
With 3burst weapon B we would shoot 3 bullets in 1s dealing the same damage and then be able to shoot again immediately.
lets say we start with 0 spread and add 0,5 for every shot with weapon A, that'd give us
1st shot - 0.5 spread, 2 - 1.0, 3 - 1.5
With 3 burst weapons it would go like this:
1 - 0.3, 2 - 0.8, 3 - 1.5

Lets go back to weap A, shooting constantly:
4 - 2.0, 5 - 2.5, 6 - 3.0 maxed.
Now weap B, shooting immediately after 1st burst for more damage:
4 - 2.2, 5 - 2.8, 6 - 3.5 (or better 3.4) maxed.
Weap B waiting 0,5 for 1,5s mark before another burst:
4 - 0.8, 5 - 1.3, 6 - 2.1

That is obviously a theoretical example and numbers were choosen only for the sake of the comparison.
It'd look different in-game with all that acc gain in-between shots and other mechanics, but you get the idea.
That would give us snipers a room for some versatility, giving sharpshooters some more burst damage in CQC (hey, it's a lvl 20 weapon, and you couldn't spam it for epic damage non-stop, because you wouldn't hit anything even in CQC after a moment, so it'd be like burst -> run/dash under cover -> burst -> rinse&repeat).
And at the same time you couldn't exploit the additional damage in ling range shooting while still being a more than viable ranged weapon.

If that'd be the case then i'm game for it.

#9 RavenSol

RavenSol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 09:03 AM

Personally i think unlocking weapons as you lvl is a bad way to do it anyway.  Just give us all the weapons in the game from the start.  But as you lvl they get stronger. For example   first upgrade by lvl is 10% increase in fire rate  second  10% increase in damage   third 10% increase in range and acuracy.   The % increases could be more then that.  Since this is f2p they could also add in at max lvl you get to unlock the weapon custom lab  were you can purchase  things for your weapon to customize it abit just nothing performance just cosmetic.

#10 Skrill

Skrill

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 11:40 PM

i like both of your ideas i was thinking something similar to the famas from modern warfare 2 it would be no more broken than the hawkens and give snipers something in between their two available primaries. basically the damage of the slug rifle but spread over three rounds with a slightly beefed up fire rate over the slug rifle. if the point d vulcan exists at level 20 sharpshooters need something equally epic. the vulcan has a lot of range for a spray and pray gun. to even out this new weapon i feel it should generate more heat than either the hawkens or the slug rifle which would make sense because it is firing three rounds in rapid succession. i want a precision weapon that can be sprayed in desperate situations.
Posted Image

You're exactly right.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users