HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Steel Killers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
423 replies to this topic

#381 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted August 06 2013 - 02:17 PM

Recruitment is closed as I am officially disbanding Steel Killers. I will not be checking the forums for SK/Mumble purposes, so if anyone would like the info I can be contacted on steam (Beemann).
A big thanks to all the clans and people that we worked with and played against.
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#382 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted August 06 2013 - 04:51 PM

You disbanded the clan!!!!

$%&^%$$%^!!

I thought it was a group decision :(.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#383 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted August 06 2013 - 04:59 PM

Does this mean you'll be taking a leave of absence from Hawken_
High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#384 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts

Posted August 06 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostXacius, on August 06 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

It does not mean you can start being a fuzzy bunny again. ;)

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

#385 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted August 06 2013 - 05:56 PM

;)

Edited by Cyclonus, August 06 2013 - 05:57 PM.

#386 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted August 06 2013 - 06:30 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#387 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts

Posted August 06 2013 - 07:01 PM

View PostXacius, on August 06 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

View Posth0B0, on August 06 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

I'm asking a question.  Such a statement is rude and unnecessary.

Let us not forget the first time we had... issues.  As I was directing the first tournament, the Steel Killers were unhappy that my floating mech in god mode (for better vantage point as a director/spectator) was attracting turret fire.  After a couple minutes of berating me on my stream chat, you requested that I join your mumble.  Upon connecting, I was met with rude and childish remarks such as "you're an idiot," and "no one cares about your stream, you're ruining this tournament," as well as "you're ugly, no one cares about you."

That is not to say that remarks that followed from my end were at all justified.  But hey, I didn't throw the first punch.  ;)

There's a reason why a large majority of players didn't like you guys.  So yeah, good riddance.

Heres the context: Zeshi an OG SK member, organized a tournament. Xacius got called in by [ADH]TJ to admin the tournament. Halfway through the tourney we noticed an issue with the turrets. Xacius confirmed the issue and ignored the will of the organizer.

Here is video evidence of the fact that you are wrong Xacius.
http://www.twitch.tv...ius/b/352261836
First conversation with SK at 1:46:00
Second conversation with SK at 2:20:00
First insult at 2:21:30

Edit: The point of this reply is to tell you to get off your high horses and learn to take a joke. And don't appropriate yourself the hard work of others.

Edit2: it apears i have missused the expression "get off your high horse" a little bit of research has shown me that it means someone is looking down on someone, where i originally thought it was getting ready for war/ getting all riled up. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Edited by h0B0, August 08 2013 - 03:19 PM.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

#388 Poetess

Poetess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted August 06 2013 - 07:39 PM

This does leave me feeling a bit depressed :(.  Even though I'm inactive gameplay wise, I loved the group we created with SK.  I'll be more than happy to keep up with all of you!  Umbre and I still meow at each other from time to time <3. *sigh*

*raises hand to forehead*

Members of SK, I salute you.  It was a fun ride.
Posted Image
^Vote for my T-shirt design shown above here: Submission Link

#389 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts

Posted August 06 2013 - 07:41 PM

View PostPoetess, on August 06 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

This does leave me feeling a bit depressed :(.  Even though I'm inactive gameplay wise, I loved the group we created with SK.  I'll be more than happy to keep up with all of you!  Umbre and I still meow at each other from time to time <3. *sigh*

*raises hand to forehead*

Members of SK, I salute you.  It was a fun ride.

We're still waiting for you in the mumble. I might play hawken if the situation is appropriate.

<3 we miss you.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

#390 deidarall

deidarall

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted August 06 2013 - 08:29 PM

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Edit: The point of this reply is to tell you to get off your high horses and learn to take a joke. And don't appropriate yourself the hard work of others. [/font]

.... I find this statement laughable in how much irony it contains.

For both parties in a way. But whatever.

Edited by deidarall, August 06 2013 - 08:33 PM.

May the unskilled become the most skilled. May the skilled remain the most skilled. Let the newest players have the most fun, and the most skilled have none. Let the skilled have fun, while the new have none. The unskilled maybe the most skilled if you let them be. The skilled may be the most killed if the world allows that. RAISINS!

Posted Image

#391 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 06 2013 - 09:48 PM

View Postdeidarall, on August 06 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

Edit: The point of this reply is to tell you to get off your high horses and learn to take a joke. And don't appropriate yourself the hard work of others.

.... I find this statement laughable in how much irony it contains.

For both parties in a way. But whatever.
That was an unnecessary personal attack.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#392 deidarall

deidarall

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted August 07 2013 - 06:03 AM

I am a Tree. The statement I made is actually a Tree-ism. Are you a Tree_ Will you hug me_ Please_ Overwolf left me last night...
May the unskilled become the most skilled. May the skilled remain the most skilled. Let the newest players have the most fun, and the most skilled have none. Let the skilled have fun, while the new have none. The unskilled maybe the most skilled if you let them be. The skilled may be the most killed if the world allows that. RAISINS!

Posted Image

#393 Brave_Sir_Robin

Brave_Sir_Robin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • LocationNearby the model of Camelot

Posted August 07 2013 - 11:14 AM

View Postdeidarall, on August 07 2013 - 06:03 AM, said:

I am a Tree. The statement I made is actually a Tree-ism. Are you a Tree_ Will you hug me_ Please_ Overwolf left me last night...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Need some advice on your next Mech_ Check out this thread!

#394 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted August 07 2013 - 11:48 AM

View Posth0B0, on August 06 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

View PostXacius, on August 06 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

I'm asking a question.  Such a statement is rude and unnecessary.

Let us not forget the first time we had... issues.  As I was directing the first tournament, the Steel Killers were unhappy that my floating mech in god mode (for better vantage point as a director/spectator) was attracting turret fire.  After a couple minutes of berating me on my stream chat, you requested that I join your mumble.  Upon connecting, I was met with rude and childish remarks such as "you're an idiot," and "no one cares about your stream, you're ruining this tournament," as well as "you're ugly, no one cares about you."

That is not to say that remarks that followed from my end were at all justified.  But hey, I didn't throw the first punch.  ;)

There's a reason why a large majority of players didn't like you guys.  So yeah, good riddance.

Heres the context: Zeshi an OG SK member, organized a tournament. Xacius got called in by [ADH]TJ to admin the tournament. Halfway through the tourney we noticed an issue with the turrets. Xacius confirmed the issue and ignored the will of the organizer.

Here is video evidence of the fact that you are wrong Xacius.
http://www.twitch.tv...ius/b/352261836
First conversation with SK at 1:46:00
Second conversation with SK at 2:20:00
First insult at 2:21:30

Matches had already taken place before the issue was noticed.  We were already constrained on time, so starting over was out of the question.  I tried to find a middle ground by hiding in the terrain, but nothing worked.  

The video did not include the stream chat, which is where the first punches were thrown.  Nice job avoiding half the data though ;)

I'll access the logs if I can, but it was 7 months ago and I doubt I still have them on my tablet's IRC.

As for organizing the tournament, Zeshi matched each team and threw them into the ring.  I did 90% of the fuzzy bunny work by organizing each person onto the right team, balancing with spectators, wading through countless bugs, and making sure each clan was following the rules (class restrictions were in place for some of the rounds).  You merely want to be able to give your entire clan credit for simply matching teams against one another.  There was far more going on than you'd like to admit.

ROFL! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

The irony here is fuzzy bunny astounding.  Funniest part of the entire thread. GG

Edited by Xacius, August 07 2013 - 11:53 AM.

High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

#395 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted August 07 2013 - 12:13 PM

View PostBeemann, on August 06 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

Recruitment is closed as I am officially disbanding Steel Killers. I will not be checking the forums for SK/Mumble purposes, so if anyone would like the info I can be contacted on steam (Beemann).
A big thanks to all the clans and people that we worked with and played against.
Fer reels_ That's sad to hear. This makes BSB almost the only clan

because bow ties are cool

#396 HotDog

HotDog

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted August 07 2013 - 12:25 PM

Does TAW not have a US Devision or is US Centered_

They are quite OK! :)

In the UK (EU) Servers there are still allot of clans but dont have that type of connections to MTR/ADH...

Posted Image

#397 CaliberMengsk

CaliberMengsk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationNear St. Louis

Posted August 07 2013 - 12:40 PM

Sad to see you guys disbanding. Don't really know what to say. It's been fun when going against you guys.

(As for the tournament talk, do we really have to bring it up again_ It's been covered many times. Several people and sides were wrong about the way they did things. It was the first tournament. Many things were bound to go wrong. That was also 9 months ago, and is done and over with.)

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/calibermengsk

Co-Owner of the BSB.

Join the Brotherhood.
Posted Image

http://bsb-gaming.com

#398 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted August 07 2013 - 12:45 PM

View PostCaliberMengsk, on August 07 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

Sad to see you guys disbanding. Don't really know what to say. It's been fun when going against you guys.

(As for the tournament talk, do we really have to bring it up again_ It's been covered many times. Several people and sides were wrong about the way they did things. It was the first tournament. Many things were bound to go wrong. That was also 9 months ago, and is done and over with.)

Oh my god nine months. I can't believe it was that long ago. It's just like when I am reminded that The Matrix came out 14 years ago or something like that.

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#399 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted August 07 2013 - 01:39 PM

I'll stop when they do.  :)

#400 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 07 2013 - 03:39 PM

Let's see how I can address this without breaking the HAB NDA.

At least half our players have taken extended breaks of undefined length from Hawken "until it gets better", by the typical Steel Killer standards. They know Beemann and I founded this group on certain principles, which is what drew them to us in the first place. If we're disbanding, they know it's because certain standards have been violated. But Beemann and I know our players (at least the ones who popped into mumble more than once or twice) well enough to know the changes made in HAB will not please them and that they wouldn't stick around. Essentially, the clan would end up disbanding itself in the end.

So we just decided to pull the plug now.
A few of us may stick around as players (I'll at least be trying to see HAB through to the end), and we'll likely check back in every now and then.
But seeing as Hawken seems to be following the exact same path Firefall has already taken, we don't really see a reason to continue on.

View PostXacius, on August 07 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

I'll stop when they do.  :)
Or you could do the mature thing and stop right now. I don't care if you or h0B0 started this nonsense.
Right now, it's like !@#$-talking a coworker who's retiring, to their face. Just show some basic respect and quit turning our disbandment into childish bickering about how you feel the clan hurt your feelings months ago.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users