HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Steel Killers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
423 replies to this topic

#401 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted August 07 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostXacius, on August 07 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

View PostCaliberMengsk, on August 07 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

Sad to see you guys disbanding. Don't really know what to say. It's been fun when going against you guys.

(As for the tournament talk, do we really have to bring it up again_ It's been covered many times. Several people and sides were wrong about the way they did things. It was the first tournament. Many things were bound to go wrong. That was also 9 months ago, and is done and over with.)

I'll stop when they do.  :)

View Posth0B0, on August 06 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

View PostXacius, on August 06 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

Does this mean you'll be taking a leave of absence from Hawken_

It does not mean you can start being a fuzzy bunny again. ;)
I think you need to just let it go.

because bow ties are cool

#402 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted August 07 2013 - 03:42 PM

I'm prepared, but I'll not sit by as old fuzzy bunny is stirred up.
High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#403 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted August 07 2013 - 03:49 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on August 07 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

Or you could do the mature thing and stop right now. I don't care if you or h0B0 started this nonsense.
Right now, it's like !@#$-talking a coworker who's retiring, to their face. Just show some basic respect and quit turning our disbandment into childish bickering about how you feel the clan hurt your feelings months ago.

Check my first post.  I asked a question and was met with a rude response.  I did not originally intend to flame or stir fuzzy bunny up.  

Let it serve as an example for what has happened since the day we first met.  You're rude and have always been rude.  Were it only directed at me, I'd probably shrug it off.  But as it stands, you're rude to a large number of players.  I wasn't going to say anything before h0B0's response, but now I don't care.

The community is better off without you.

Edited by Xacius, August 07 2013 - 03:52 PM.

High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

#404 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted August 07 2013 - 03:52 PM

View PostXacius, on August 07 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

It really doesn't matter, one thing I have learned is that fighting about this fuzzy bunny on the Internet is like fighting with an autistic child.

#405 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted August 07 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostOdinTheWise, on August 07 2013 - 03:52 PM, said:

It really doesn't matter, one thing I have learned is that fighting about this fuzzy bunny on the Internet is like fighting with an autistic child.

And why would you get in the way of that_  Film that fuzzy bunny and put it online.

#406 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted August 07 2013 - 04:03 PM

I think I may have to hire myself as your PR manager

#407 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted August 07 2013 - 04:13 PM

Just caught wind of the disband. Almost sad to see you go. It's hard to say if the forums will be better or worse without SK's dynamic duo, but they definitely won't be the same.

Let me know if you find a new game that catches your interest. These days it seems only retail games offer something sustainable in the long-term...

Bye.

It was fun while it lasted.

#408 Gookywun

Gookywun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands, UK

Posted August 07 2013 - 04:32 PM

Sad to see you guys go but seeing you guys make this official now speaks out to the community and more importantly out to Adhesive team about where this game is going and how HAB hasn't really changed your thoughts on what the future of this game will bring.

Hope to keep in contact with you guys! and thanks for everything.

<3

Posted Image

http://www.twitch.tv/gookywun

http://www.twitch.tv/lancersofficial

Dubbed 'Angela Merkel - Emperor of the Union' by ReachH.

#409 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted August 07 2013 - 05:05 PM

i thought we were past that xacius. That is why i did the joke, i am sorry it has stirred so many negative emotions in all of us.

I will not sit idly by whilst people lie in order to belittle myself and my friends. Read the spoiler at your own risk.

Spoiler

Or you could do the mature thing and stop right now. I don't care if you or h0B0 started this nonsense.
Right now, it's like !@#$-talking a coworker who's retiring, to their face. Just show some basic respect and quit turning our disbandment into childish bickering about how you feel the clan hurt your feelings months ago.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#410 deidarall

deidarall

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted August 07 2013 - 05:23 PM

.... So calling one of your clan members rude is belittling you_ Pffff I think Zershi is a derp-fish.

Does that mean I belittle you h0B0_ Does that wish to make you quote mine me_ After all Zeshi could not take a "joke".

Whatever. I think this is old stuff that does not need to be brought up, but Mr, X has a point some of your members have been rude. Accept that fact. Mr. X should confess that he was rude, and we should just move the hell on.....

But that is just my 2 cents.

I wish for the remaining players that were of SK well.
May the unskilled become the most skilled. May the skilled remain the most skilled. Let the newest players have the most fun, and the most skilled have none. Let the skilled have fun, while the new have none. The unskilled maybe the most skilled if you let them be. The skilled may be the most killed if the world allows that. RAISINS!

Posted Image

#411 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts

Posted August 07 2013 - 06:05 PM

Here is my original stance on Xacius being admin. https://community.pl...220#entry158619

View Posth0B0, on December 31 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

View Post[MTR]Hugs, on December 31 2012 - 11:05 AM, said:

Grats to all the teams and thank you to everyone that worked so hard to make this happen! Winners should check their PMs later today for their prize codes :D

ahum.

thanks to the devs for producing this awesome game, servers, observer mode, prizes etc...

and the intern doing the admin.

best wishes 2013

I am aware of the long hours he has put hosting the event, and am gratefull.

However, Zeshi was organizing this for at least a month before hand and dismissing him as only 10% and stating we have been insulting xacius whilst we have evidence showing us that isn't quite the case is belittling.

if i had access to those twitch chat i would gladly read through it, however i dont.

I'd like to offer Xacius a truce, i'll stop pointing out the inconsistencies in his replies when he acknowledges his true investment in the tournament and stops spreading lies about sk.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

#412 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 07 2013 - 07:08 PM

So much for not reacting childishly Xacius...

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#413 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted August 07 2013 - 10:10 PM

I really hope h0B0 would continue his work as a first-class tester.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#414 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts

Posted August 08 2013 - 04:00 AM

View PostHouruck, on August 07 2013 - 10:10 PM, said:

I really hope h0B0 would continue his work as a first-class tester.

i'm dealing with some issues right now, but i am far more likely to stay than the rest of my comrades ;)

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

#415 Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationRunning around like a Chicken.

Posted August 08 2013 - 04:25 AM

Oh geeze here we go!

Posted Image

No seriously, can't we all get along_ XD

Previously known as §îlvër-§érpênt

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Candy! Taste like Chicken, if Chicken was a Candy![/font]

Posted Image

"Since they are all going to go crazy anyway, may as well send crazy people in the first place and save the trouble..." -M

#416 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted August 08 2013 - 04:55 AM

Wow, this is a sad day for hawken when some of its most constructive members decide they are going to leave, and it is frightening to hear it is mostly due to what you people are experiencing in the HAB test.

I think i wandered into one of your tests one day (testing the crush damage if i recall correctly), and i was somewhat puzzled why people would actually test stuff like that. It all got much clearer when i started to pay more attention to some of the post you guys made......fact based and to the point (although i have a feeling that not everybody will agree on that :rolleyes: ).

Anyways, sad to see you go, but good luck in your future endeavours.

#417 ShadowGTR

ShadowGTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted August 08 2013 - 07:51 AM

I am sorry to hear about the disbandment. For those that are leaving, I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Posted Image

#418 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 08 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostFenixStryk, on August 07 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

Just caught wind of the disband. Almost sad to see you go. It's hard to say if the forums will be better or worse without SK's dynamic duo, but they definitely won't be the same.

Let me know if you find a new game that catches your interest. These days it seems only retail games offer something sustainable in the long-term...

Bye.
If you play Firefall, you'll probably find a few of us in there from time to time. They've really managed to turn that game around, and the Jetball mode was a great addition. FYI, I guess you could think of Jetball as sort of mortal-combat basketball, if you don't already know what it is. It's a 1-flag CTF mode where you have to toss or dunk the ball in a ring that's located in enemy territory.

Payday 2 is going to likely eat up the time of a few of us, though that goes beyond the Steel Killers into the varied group that is the PugAgenda mumble. We've got Beemann as a Mastermind, Jack-Novius as a Ghost, Kiwi as a Enforcer and I'm going Tech. That's because us four are the guys who are more or less obsessed with Payday. We've played the !@#$ out of the first one. I think we managed to rope Umbre and Tman into the Payday scene too.

I'm playing quite a bit of Marvel Heroes at the moment, I'm loving the changes they've been making to it recently. I may try to rope some others into it, though I won't bother trying to convince Beemann, since he has violent allergic reactions to clicky-clickly-looty games.

From time to time we all download some source mods and mess around in those for a few days, but that's fairly irregular.

Beemann has gotten Umbre and Tman into the glory that is Quake CPM.

Umbre has a Minecraft server we use. I'd use it more, but for some God damned reason it gives me motion sickness headaches and I can't play for more than 15 minutes or so at a time.

A few of us used to play Warframe, but as they've turned it into even more of a grindy, nickle-and-dime experience, we've mostly stopped playing outside of checking out the new updates. Actually, as of recent, I think most of us don't even bother doing that. The novelty of space-ninjas isn't enough to outweigh how grindy it is and all the !@#$ing terrible mechanics they implement. The devs don't seem to understand that varied and smart enemies make for a fun challenge, while creating enemies that are 1-shotting, bullet-sponges that stun-lock you to death is not fun. Also, they made a mod where you get up from being knocked down faster. That's right. In a game about space ninjas, you have to waste an ability slot on a mod to get up at a reasonable pace if you don't want to be sitting on the ground for several seconds. What. The. Fuzzy. Bunny.
Digital Extremes, the devs sure are better than Adhesive at communication and regular patches. Hell, after every patch, they manage to put out several hotfixes within the week. On the other hand, I sometimes wonder if they know the first thing about game design and think they probably wouldn't need to make 30 bajillion hotfixes after every patch if they could actually QA test worth a damn. They regularly let extremely obvious (like their modular level system won't load the entire level and you just go through a door and fall to your death in a black abyss, the mission objective will be behind a perma-locked door, or "let's put Nightmare mode levels in the newbie zone") gamebreaking bugs make it into the live version of the game.

And of course we hang out in our Mumble just chatting, not even playing games often. We share YouTube vids, silly Imgur posts and whatnot. People are always welcome to hangout if they want. Just shoot me a PM (which I'll still be checking regularly till the end of HAB likely) or via Steam (http://steamcommunit.../asianjoykiller) for the info.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#419 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted August 08 2013 - 03:54 PM

Let's see how I can address this without breaking the HAB NDA.

At least half our players have taken extended breaks of undefined length from Hawken "until it gets better", by the typical Steel Killer standards. They know Beemann and I founded this group on certain principles, which is what drew them to us in the first place. If we're disbanding, they know it's because certain standards have been violated. But Beemann and I know our players (at least the ones who popped into mumble more than once or twice) well enough to know the changes made in HAB will not please them and that they wouldn't stick around. Essentially, the clan would end up disbanding itself in the end.

So we just decided to pull the plug now.
A few of us may stick around as players (I'll at least be trying to see HAB through to the end), and we'll likely check back in every now and then.
But seeing as Hawken seems to be following the exact same path Firefall has already taken, we don't really see a reason to continue on.

You may not have broken the NDA but you certainly set a negative tone with this post, especially for something that hasn't fully released yet and is only in the second phase of testing. So good job in painting the HAB in a very negative light and setting up certain expectations for players based on your experiences with something that isn't complete yet.

Sorry I can't join in the "Sucks to see you guys go" when this is the note you guys decide to go out on. We're in the middle of the HAB and the biggest update yet for the game, you guys don't like some of the changes, so might as well quit.

That's the message that this sends. "I don't want to say HAB sucks but I'm not denying it either and plus an entire clan is quitting over this."

I'd at least wait until HAB releases before drawing conclusion of this degree.

Posted Image

#420 phed

phed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted August 08 2013 - 04:29 PM

@keji  

that's how i took it.  but, i usually end up on the opposite side of game feature debates than these guys (i.e. chassis swaps) so i'll be reserving judgment for patch day, enjoying hawken until then, and more than likely will still be playing long into the future.

on the subject of sk disbanding:

sorry to see you guys go, i'll miss the more lively debates and occasionally getting to hunt you in dm.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users