HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Steel Killers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
423 replies to this topic

#421 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 08 2013 - 04:30 PM

View PostKejiGoto, on August 08 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on August 07 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

Let's see how I can address this without breaking the HAB NDA.

At least half our players have taken extended breaks of undefined length from Hawken "until it gets better", by the typical Steel Killer standards. They know Beemann and I founded this group on certain principles, which is what drew them to us in the first place. If we're disbanding, they know it's because certain standards have been violated. But Beemann and I know our players (at least the ones who popped into mumble more than once or twice) well enough to know the changes made in HAB will not please them and that they wouldn't stick around. Essentially, the clan would end up disbanding itself in the end.

So we just decided to pull the plug now.
A few of us may stick around as players (I'll at least be trying to see HAB through to the end), and we'll likely check back in every now and then.
But seeing as Hawken seems to be following the exact same path Firefall has already taken, we don't really see a reason to continue on.

You may not have broken the NDA but you certainly set a negative tone with this post, especially for something that hasn't fully released yet and is only in the second phase of testing. So good job in painting the HAB in a very negative light and setting up certain expectations for players based on your experiences with something that isn't complete yet.

Sorry I can't join in the "Sucks to see you guys go" when this is the note you guys decide to go out on. We're in the middle of the HAB and the biggest update yet for the game, you guys don't like some of the changes, so might as well quit.

That's the message that this sends. "I don't want to say HAB sucks but I'm not denying it either and plus an entire clan is quitting over this."

I'd at least wait until HAB releases before drawing conclusion of this degree.
Beemann actually did ask ADH if he should hold off posting this until HAB was over, but after several days with no reply he decided to go ahead and post it. If ADH wanted to prevent any sort of public fallout from happening, they had roughly 4-5 days to respond.

Don't get mad at us. We gave ADH a fair chance to do a bit of PR management, but for whatever reason they didn't. Both Beemann and I sent PMs to ZC that said the clan was going to be disbanded, and the PM I sent indicates he read it on Aug. 1st.

Whatever message people take away from the disbandment of our clan at this particular time is up to speculation. Obviously some deduction leads to certain events being the likely cause. Still, it was entirely preventable, and ADH seems to be content to let whatever message is sent, be sent.

Besides all of that, we've been very accurate in our predictions over the months we've played Hawken. More accurate than some would like to admit. We know what we want from the game, and for many months now Hawken has been pulling away from that, even as early as the CBE3. Beemann and I have seen this exact same pattern already, and we know how our players will react (or have reacted, as many of them have already left Hawken, before HAB was ever public knowledge).

To you, this may seem like a ill-concieved preemptive action, but to us, it's an obvious inevitability. The Steel Killers will simply not be able to function as a clan in Hawken very soon and would exist in name only. Steel Killers was created soley for Hawken and is not a multi-game clan like BSB. We do, however, remain friends and still play other games together, but that circle includes people who don't play Hawken and in other games with clans, we go by other clan names.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#422 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted August 08 2013 - 04:53 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on August 08 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

View PostKejiGoto, on August 08 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on August 07 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

Let's see how I can address this without breaking the HAB NDA.

At least half our players have taken extended breaks of undefined length from Hawken "until it gets better", by the typical Steel Killer standards. They know Beemann and I founded this group on certain principles, which is what drew them to us in the first place. If we're disbanding, they know it's because certain standards have been violated. But Beemann and I know our players (at least the ones who popped into mumble more than once or twice) well enough to know the changes made in HAB will not please them and that they wouldn't stick around. Essentially, the clan would end up disbanding itself in the end.

So we just decided to pull the plug now.
A few of us may stick around as players (I'll at least be trying to see HAB through to the end), and we'll likely check back in every now and then.
But seeing as Hawken seems to be following the exact same path Firefall has already taken, we don't really see a reason to continue on.

You may not have broken the NDA but you certainly set a negative tone with this post, especially for something that hasn't fully released yet and is only in the second phase of testing. So good job in painting the HAB in a very negative light and setting up certain expectations for players based on your experiences with something that isn't complete yet.

Sorry I can't join in the "Sucks to see you guys go" when this is the note you guys decide to go out on. We're in the middle of the HAB and the biggest update yet for the game, you guys don't like some of the changes, so might as well quit.

That's the message that this sends. "I don't want to say HAB sucks but I'm not denying it either and plus an entire clan is quitting over this."

I'd at least wait until HAB releases before drawing conclusion of this degree.
Beemann actually did ask ADH if he should hold off posting this until HAB was over, but after several days with no reply he decided to go ahead and post it. If ADH wanted to prevent any sort of public fallout from happening, they had roughly 4-5 days to respond.

Don't get mad at us. We gave ADH a fair chance to do a bit of PR management, but for whatever reason they didn't. Both Beemann and I sent PMs to ZC that said the clan was going to be disbanded, and the PM I sent indicates he read it on Aug. 1st.

Whatever message people take away from the disbandment of our clan at this particular time is up to speculation. Obviously some deduction leads to certain events being the likely cause. Still, it was entirely preventable, and ADH seems to be content to let whatever message is sent, be sent.

Besides all of that, we've been very accurate in our predictions over the months we've played Hawken. More accurate than some would like to admit. We know what we want from the game, and for many months now Hawken has been pulling away from that, even as early as the CBE3. Beemann and I have seen this exact same pattern already, and we know how our players will react (or have reacted, as many of them have already left Hawken, before HAB was ever public knowledge).

To you, this may seem like a ill-concieved preemptive action, but to us, it's an obvious inevitability. The Steel Killers will simply not be able to function as a clan in Hawken very soon and would exist in name only. Steel Killers was created soley for Hawken and is not a multi-game clan like BSB. We do, however, remain friends and still play other games together, but that circle includes people who don't play Hawken and in other games with clans, we go by other clan names.

Regardless of what reasons you disbanded you basically made a public spectacle out it and placed blame on something that isn't finished yet. Even if you messaged Zamboni he is one guy trying to handle all of the Hawken community and isn't a developer so he might not know all the changes and such which are coming; he's the community manager. Heck you're not even involved in the second phase of HAB testing unless you've got an alt account which made it in so you have no clue what is currently going on with HAB.

The whole message behind all of you quitting is nothing short of negative and incredibly toxic to the community. I don't agree with it in the slightest and if were going to quit I'd do it with more class that you've done here.

You're acting like you are entitled to a specific gameplay experience and because that experience wasn't met during a testing period you're calling it quits.

I stand by what I said and if this is note you guys choose to go out on then so long but I'm not sad to see you guys go.

Also the whole "What ever message people take away from this" bit is ridiculous. You know exactly what you posted and what message you were delivering. Saying things like "Certain standards of play were violated" and "Steel Killers would have disbanded anyways" is nothing more than poisoning the well.

Congrats on going out on a negative note I suppose.

To me this is jumping the gun for something that is in testing and is in a testing period you're not part of. This would seem a little more appropriate had the HAB patch been finalized and released to the public but it hasn't. You're basing your decision off of a lack of response from one person and a trial period with game mechanics the developers stressed repeatedly weren't finalized.

If you want to quit then by all means, but don't fuzzy bunny on the work the developers are doing when it is unfinished and cite that as a reason you're quitting.

Posted Image

#423 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted August 08 2013 - 05:17 PM

2 things to note here.

Beemann actually got the green light from ZC. that is why he posted.

View PostKejiGoto, on August 08 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

You're acting like you are entitled to a specific gameplay experience and because that experience wasn't met during a testing period you're calling it quits.

Freedom of choice. Why should i keep playing a game i no longer enjoy_ I shouldn't be forced to play i don't enjoy simply because "its not finished yet".

i'm just stating facts.

Move on, interpret what you will.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#424 [HWK]ZamboniChaos

[HWK]ZamboniChaos

Community Manager

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCruise Ship, Stern

Posted August 08 2013 - 05:46 PM

Clan has been disbanded. Closing thread.

Pour yourself a drink, I'll sing you a song.

@ZamboniChaos

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users