HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Steel Killers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
423 replies to this topic

#41 nomcopter

nomcopter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 03:26 AM

I play with JustJake, add me to the clan please <3

#42 Crayyon

Crayyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 07:06 PM

If you guys are still recruiting I'd like to join. Had the pleasure of getting into a Missile Assault w/ some of you the other day and had a lot of fun despite getting my ass kicked. First full MA games I've seen in CBE3 and I'd like to play some more.

Currently playing on a secondary account ( Crayyons ) because this account is still locked out of the game from account sync failure, but will be back on this one once that's resolved.

#43 Decoy101x

Decoy101x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationPlainfield, Illinois

Posted December 05 2012 - 07:43 PM

I play with h0b0 quite often. I'd like to join and stuff like that. about me_

Male
Playing hawken
Seeking team thats lax and laid back yet competitive and serious when need be.
Crackin' eggs like we crack smoke. Smoke crack_ No! That's bad!

Posted Image

#44 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 08:42 PM

4 TEAM PLAYOFF INFORMATION

I am putting together a small 4 team playoff of the best clans about a week after open beta, TENTATIVE DATE, SATURDAY THE 22ST, (enough time for people to level their mechs and see if there are any major balance issues)

It will include Steel killers, Black Steel Brotherhood, Dirtnap, and Dodges All Day. Ive spoken with representatives from each and to paraphrase their response "Fuzzy bunny yea lets do it!"

This being the first tournament and all i figure we would do seeding just alphabetically by clan name (so it would be SK vs bsb and DN vs DaD). The winners of each match would play each other for 1st place and the losers would play each other for 3rd place.

Format = Negotiable, but i figured it would be 5v5 best of 3's on missile assault.

Prize = Bragging rights i suppose

Hopefully this will be a good way to kick start the Hawken competitive scene

Edited by Zeshi, December 06 2012 - 11:59 PM.

Posted Image

#45 Decoy101x

Decoy101x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationPlainfield, Illinois

Posted December 06 2012 - 03:21 PM

heres hoping someone of SK gets back to me before then!
Crackin' eggs like we crack smoke. Smoke crack_ No! That's bad!

Posted Image

#46 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted December 06 2012 - 04:30 PM

View PostZeshi, on December 05 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

I am putting together a small 4 team playoff of the best clans about a week after open beta, TENTATIVE DATE, FRIDAY THE 21ST, (enough time for people to level their mechs and see if there are any major balance issues)

It will include Steel killers, Black Steel Brotherhood, Dirtnap, and Dodges All Day. Ive spoken with representatives from each and to paraphrase their response "Fuzzy bunny yea lets do it!"

This being the first tournament and all i figure we would do seeding just alphabetically by clan name (so it would be SK vs bsb and DN vs DaD). The winners of each match would play each other for 1st place and the losers would play each other for 3rd place.

Format = Negotiable, but i figured it would be 5v5 best of 3's on missile assault.

A small recommendation from an interested bystander: if you limit the number of players to 5v5, impose class limits. Something like no more than 2 of each weight class, or no More than one mech of the same name. Having 5 scouts would be nightmarishly terrifying and/or boring.
Posted Image

#47 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted December 06 2012 - 05:05 PM

I`d actually like to test out a few rules and player numbers if everyone involved is willing
4`s 5`s item, mech and class restrictions etc.
It would be nice if the balance was juuuust right come OB but it would be unfair to expect the devs to work any more miracles :P

@Decoy
message sent
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#48 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted December 06 2012 - 06:06 PM

View PostBeemann, on December 06 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

I`d actually like to test out a few rules and player numbers if everyone involved is willing
4`s 5`s item, mech and class restrictions etc.
It would be nice if the balance was juuuust right come OB but it would be unfair to expect the devs to work any more miracles :P

@Decoy
message sent

Mech and class restrictions would be fantastic, actually. Not certain on item limits, though, seeing as their impact may be far less than the aforementioned two. I can see emp and turret being banned but I'd rather you folks not go down that road just yet until ideal restrictions on mechs are made. One step at a time, I guess.

Edited by Conquistador, December 06 2012 - 06:07 PM.

Posted Image

#49 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted December 06 2012 - 06:18 PM

I`d advise an EMP ban simply because of how boring it makes comp matches/high skill duels
I`d be open to testing it out but I`m not particularly optimistic after fights with NotKJell, Beefc4ke and many others in which the EMP was used just about every fight
Turrets I don`t really mind at this point, though I`d love if they`d get taken off of the HUD/Radar
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#50 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted December 06 2012 - 06:27 PM

Fair enough. Not certain how you can balance EMP usage at this point. Perhaps a longer cooldown_ But besides the point of this recommendation.

I'm surprised the format is 5 v5 and not 6 v 6, actually. If it was the latter, you could allow 2 of each weight class.

Edited by Conquistador, December 06 2012 - 06:27 PM.

Posted Image

#51 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted December 06 2012 - 06:43 PM

Zeshi loves odd numbers. Personally I think we could pull off 4 or 3 pretty handily
6's tend to get very spammy very fast when it comes to teamfights. I'd like to see them get a little more intense and thought-provoking
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#52 Husky

Husky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 06 2012 - 10:18 PM

View PostZeshi, on December 05 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

I am putting together a small 4 team playoff of the best clans about a week after open beta, TENTATIVE DATE, FRIDAY THE 21ST, (enough time for people to level their mechs and see if there are any major balance issues)

Prize= For funsies I'll donate $20 to the winner's Charity of choice. Lame I know but good way to start.
Posted Image

Dat Husky...

#53 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted December 06 2012 - 10:20 PM

View PostBeemann, on December 06 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

Zeshi loves odd numbers. Personally I think we could pull off 4 or 3 pretty handily

I do, I really do :P

In regards to the class restriction idea, I'm actually against it, but if enough people want it I can compromise. How about some games with it and some without. For example, for each 1st game of each bo3 their would be no restrictions, for 2nd game it could be max 2 of each class.

As far as item restrictions go, I'm really hoping they nerf emp because otherwise I'm considering restricting it altogether, or maybe limiting it to one mech per team,

I'll be able to provide more concrete rules once OB hits and we see any balance changes.

Edited by Zeshi, December 06 2012 - 10:24 PM.

Posted Image

#54 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted December 06 2012 - 10:22 PM

View PostHusky, on December 06 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

Prize= For funsies I'll donate $20 to the winner's Charity of choice. Lame I know but good way to start.

Not lame at all, thank you so so much Husky it means a lot :)
Posted Image

#55 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted December 06 2012 - 11:39 PM

Have great news, we may be able to expand this thing into an 8 team playoff :D. (and uh...you didn't hear it from me but its possible a dev team may be in it, nothing confirmed yet).

Edited by Zeshi, December 07 2012 - 12:20 AM.

Posted Image

#56 NIGHTRAV3N

NIGHTRAV3N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 12:27 AM

I'm curious to see how this small tourney plays out. I would like to join in the fun ^_^

"God is not on the side of battalions, but on the side that shoots best"

#57 Rodar

Rodar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 03:16 AM

i'd like to join, i think several of you have reduced me to slag a few times each.
Posted Image

#58 Aelieth

Aelieth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationShawnee, Oklahoma or Nagoya, Japan

Posted December 07 2012 - 06:30 AM

Yell if you need me, Asian and h0B0 know my play style best. Zeshi knows I shoot him with rockets. :)
Posted Image
Seriously suicidal scrapheap operator

#59 Brave_Sir_Robin

Brave_Sir_Robin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • LocationNearby the model of Camelot

Posted December 07 2012 - 07:02 AM

First off, it was great playing against a good majority of you in CB3. The Black Steel Brotherhood have nothing but respect for you all and it allowed us opportunities to fine-tune our strategies, for the most part.

Zeshi informed us of the tentative playoff date of Saturday, 12/22 (time TBD) and that this may turn into a "8-team playoff." If I may ask, who are the other four teams involved or interested in playing_

Regardless, the BSB will be ready! See you all in Open Beta!

Edited by Brave_Sir_Robin, December 07 2012 - 07:02 AM.

Posted Image

Need some advice on your next Mech_ Check out this thread!

#60 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted December 07 2012 - 07:10 AM

I agree with beemann's point of view on "restricting" certain things.
Not particularly fond of restricting certain classes or amount of certain classes.
But we have mucho time to prepare this and discuss.

As for making sure the game stays at 4v4 or 3v3, will there be stand-ins to prevent people from joining_ or maybe we can contact MTR/ADH and ask for a private server for the night.
If we can have MTR/ADH's support might i suggest we have a match with no restriction and see what happens then, i think it could be good for the devs to see what the game in its current stage would be played like at a competitive level.

Lastly Since it seems we have more members than players who will participate in the tournament i would like to propose "division B" or "semi-pro" matches for players who haven't been selected to represent their clan in the tournament, to have fun and compete with other clans aswell.

Edit: If i don't get fired from my job in the upcoming weeks i will support Husky in his generous endeavor and provide an additional 20canadian$ to the charity of the winning teams choice.

Edited by h0B0, December 07 2012 - 07:13 AM.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users