HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Sharpshooter Slug Rifle nerf.

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#1 Shatzi

Shatzi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 02:00 PM

I played few games with my loved sharpshooter. In cbt 2 I had positive stats becouse I aimed pretty good on the 1vs1 situations. NOW I cant kill anyone 1vs1. The slug rifle damage is so low.The nerf broke this Mech I am not gona play this beta anymore, "so much bad decisions..." Think about it. This mech is super useless atm.

#2 Decoy101x

Decoy101x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationPlainfield, Illinois

Posted November 20 2012 - 02:03 PM

RRRRRRRAGE
Crackin' eggs like we crack smoke. Smoke crack_ No! That's bad!

Posted Image

#3 Phaaze

Phaaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Location123 Mulburry St. Whoville Ontario Canada

Posted November 20 2012 - 02:06 PM

View PostDecoy101x, on November 20 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

RRRRRRRAGE

#4 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted November 20 2012 - 02:08 PM

He has a point in his complaints though.
I could take out an Assault with my Sharpshooter before, even with no upgrades bought and my skill tree unused.
As of my last match i got taken out 5 times by an Assault at mid range, even with my damage amp on i couldn't take them down, even though i was at full health and the Assaults were not.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#5 Shatzi

Shatzi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 03:17 PM

View PostDread_Lord_Pitr, on November 20 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

I could take out an Assault with my Sharpshooter before, even with no upgrades bought and my skill tree unused.
As of my last match i got taken out 5 times by an Assault at mid range, even with my damage amp on i couldn't take them down, even though i was at full health and the Assaults were not.

Thats what I am talking about. They ruined our favorite Mech.

#6 Gambino_

Gambino_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 03:20 PM

That does suck. I'll have to get in game and see what I can do. In CB2, my K/D was always positive getting around 15/5 on average. If I find it unplayable I simply won't play the game until they fix it.

Hopefully we get a dev in this topic to share their opinion on the matter.

Edited by Gambino_, November 20 2012 - 03:21 PM.

#7 Etan

Etan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMInnesota

Posted November 20 2012 - 03:51 PM

It shoots faster and uses less heat.... its more balanced to suit its role now
Posted Image

#8 foldem

foldem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationPlanet earth

Posted November 20 2012 - 03:57 PM

View PostEtan, on November 20 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

It shoots faster and uses less heat.... its more balanced to suit its role now
That doesn't sound to bad_ How is the Sabot, any changes to that_

#9 Yender

Yender

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 20 2012 - 04:16 PM

Its a balance thing. Before you could take anyone on 1vs1 in close quarters then turn around and snipe another person from across the map. Now you have to keep your distance, as any sniper would/should.

#10 Decoy101x

Decoy101x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationPlainfield, Illinois

Posted November 20 2012 - 04:27 PM

hmm well i see what the OP means. I think it needs a slight butt from where it is not but NOT to the point where it was in previous versions.
Crackin' eggs like we crack smoke. Smoke crack_ No! That's bad!

Posted Image

#11 RudaForce

RudaForce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted November 20 2012 - 04:32 PM

Oh, someone is angry at a balance fix_ Making a sniper need to act as a sniper_ Shame on you Devs.

Posted Image

"I don't have a favourite quote."

#12 F15H3R

F15H3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:29 PM

And now that you can't face roll a mech you feel as though they may have ruined it_ ... Seriously_  Maybe now thoes Assault classes aren't feeling so useless against Sharpshooters; improved balance.
Posted Image
ASUS G73 Laptop on to a 36" HDTV | Intel i7 Q720 Quad-Core CPU | ATI Mobility HD5870 GPU | 8GB RAM

#13 Phaaze

Phaaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Location123 Mulburry St. Whoville Ontario Canada

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:51 PM

I have a major problem: I suck at the game. Quick everyone make changes so I don't XD
(not seriously.....about the changes XD)

#14 Dystar

Dystar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostF15H3R, on November 20 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

And now that you can't face roll a mech you feel as though they may have ruined it_ ... Seriously_  Maybe now thoes Assault classes aren't feeling so useless against Sharpshooters; improved balance.

Yup, so if you played a sharpshooter in CB1 ad 2 and not whatever this guy played, its obvioulsy a needed nerf and you need to go play other mechs that you didn't want to in order to be competitive. As of right now sharpshooters have no chance against other mechs of equivalent level and player skill. Slug rifle damage nerf and serious accuracy reduction on SA hawkin have rendered this class competitively useless. So I recommend going and trying out other mechs until either A: you find something else you like, B: they fix SS or C you realize this game is F2P and you don't lose anything by uninstalling.
Speaking of F2P and uninstalling, I think Planetside 2 set a new personel record for installing/playing for a few minutes/uninstalling for me.

#15 GreenEyedMonster

GreenEyedMonster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 06:09 PM

I played a lot of sharpshooter in CB1+2. Let me say, I never felt like the slug was OP. You had to aim really well, ESPECIALLY in close range to do well with it. I never felt that it was too strong. I didn't like Sharp Shooter that much because it felt difficult to win in close range. So i don't really see why people are like "LOLOLOL SHARPSHOOTER FACE ROLL MECH" because it did not feel like it was a face roll by any means. If anything Berserkers with the old Point-D Vulcan... now that was OP. You couldnt do anything.

Who actually thought the Sharpshooter was OP before_ it certainly didnt feel like it. EVERYONE was rolling zerkers with point-d's.

#16 Trakel

Trakel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHangar 509

Posted November 20 2012 - 06:16 PM

View PostDystar, on November 20 2012 - 06:01 PM, said:

View PostF15H3R, on November 20 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

Yup, so if you played a sharpshooter in CB1 ad 2 and not whatever this guy played, its obvioulsy a needed nerf and you need to go play other mechs that you didn't want to in order to be competitive. As of right now sharpshooters have no chance against other mechs of equivalent level and player skill. Slug rifle damage nerf and serious accuracy reduction on SA hawkin have rendered this class competitively useless. So I recommend going and trying out other mechs until either A: you find something else you like, B: they fix SS or C you realize this game is F2P and you don't lose anything by uninstalling.
Speaking of F2P and uninstalling, I think Planetside 2 set a new personel record for installing/playing for a few minutes/uninstalling for me.

View PostGreenEyedMonster, on November 20 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

I played a lot of sharpshooter in CB1+2. Let me say, I never felt like the slug was OP. You had to aim really well, ESPECIALLY in close range to do well with it. I never felt that it was too strong. I didn't like Sharp Shooter that much because it felt difficult to win in close range. So i don't really see why people are like "LOLOLOL SHARPSHOOTER FACE ROLL MECH" because it did not feel like it was a face roll by any means. If anything Berserkers with the old Point-D Vulcan... now that was OP. You couldnt do anything.

Who actually thought the Sharpshooter was OP before_ it certainly didnt feel like it. EVERYONE was rolling zerkers with point-d's.

Thank you for pulling the words out of my mouth.

#17 abal

abal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 08:21 PM

YES YES

#18 hestoned

hestoned

Dev Killer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted November 20 2012 - 09:29 PM

View PostGreenEyedMonster, on November 20 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

This a million times. Literally every shot counted for SS in close combat. 1 missed slug shot against an A class mech who knew how to side boost well was guaranteed death. And maybe instead of being hostile juveniles you could explain why you think SS is op_
http://www.twitch.tv/hestoned
  my stream. Scout and Grenadier play

#19 Interrobang

Interrobang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 09:45 PM

I am also disappointed with the nerf, they have become an incredibly difficult class to play in DM. They're still balancing so hopefully they decide to lessen the nerf.

#20 Rotaken

Rotaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationMilk cartoon

Posted November 20 2012 - 10:09 PM

View PostShatzi, on November 20 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

The nerf broke this Mech I am not gona play this beta anymore,

You are one of the reasons why gaming communities suck. Favorite mech nerfed so going to qq the whole game_ Not OP enough in close range_ It's a fucken SHARPSHOOTER, a SNIPER, to be precise. Whats wrong with snipers filling out their roles aka sniping.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users