HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Get Rid of the Seeker

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#121 Lithium03

Lithium03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted November 25 2012 - 12:46 AM

View PostLordofNosgoth, on November 24 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

View PostLithium03, on November 24 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

You can sneak past some one and hit them while they aren't looking, causing them to either die, or break a team's position, though that requires team work. You're not playing TF2 spy.

The point of cloak in every other incarnation (save for Crysis 2, where it was also nerfed into oblivion; anyone still playing that game_ No_ I thought not) is to have it be effective enough and long lasting enough to implement a strategy beyond

"I'm already at this corner, so I'll turn on my cloak, peek my head around, lay down some quick annoyance fire and spend the rest of the game running like hell, because God knows my cloak won't recharge before the enemy can completely anal-fuzzy bunny me"

Yeah, that makes so much sense.

Letting a C catch up to a movement specced A_ You're awful, there's no way if you're trying, for that to work.

So your answer to this is: "I can pull magic rabbits out of my @$$ so if you can't, you're awful". Grow up kid.

The HEAT actually does more dps than the AR, assuming you can aim, and due to the way it damages, is better at hit and run which plays well into the A playstyle. The AR would be easier to use if you can't land HEAT rounds though.

You're living in a fantasy world. IF and only IF your mech is spec'd for damage and you never miss a single shot, then maybe, just maybe, the HEAT can out-DPS the AR enough to be a primary choice. I loved HEAT in the last CBE, but everybody griped about it. It feels significantly less effective than the AR. It doesn't seem to have been nerfed, but the AR does seem to have gotten a considerable buff.

You don't show up on the UI at all anymore and the blur is much less noticeable, if you weren't ready for it, an infil can go right by you.

No my answer is that A's are in every way faster than C's, you can't fire while boosting so to get even 1 shot off he has to fall behind, giving you even more of a lead. If he "kept up to you" it's because you stopped to repair and he didn't. A stationary target is easy to catch up to.

The HEAT does out dps the AR, always has. Due to the difference in tactics you can hit and run while the AR can't get many shots off widening the gap. You only need to spec for it if you need to compensate for aim. The AR lost more dps than the HEAT in beta3, HEAT doesn't lose much accuracy at range, and overheats less. They're fairly even, but the HEAT pulls a little bit ahead in the right hands. Maybe you should try the Rocketeer_

#122 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 25 2012 - 02:23 AM

View PostLordofNosgoth, on November 24 2012 - 07:23 AM, said:

The problem is: You can't dodge them. They seek. Derp. And the Salvo is an actual Salvo of Missiles; it's not a single shot affair. Which is retarded.
I dodge them all the time. Rocketeers usually only take me down when I'm swamped, almost never 1v1 unless it's a wide-open area with no cover.

Rocketeers' strength is open areas and being the perfect anti-dodge counter. If you dodge, the smart ones fire after your dodge, because it's at least a second or so where you can't dodge again (if you're an A-Class) and if you keep dodging you burn our your fuel. Simply put, they're attrition fighters - they won't kill you outright 1v1 unless you try to take them head on (which you shouldn't be doing), but they're deadly if you're distracted.

That said, there are plenty of anti-Rocketeer counters, including classes (Scout and Infiltrator will tear them up) and tactics (using cover, breaking LOS). Rocketeers only pound you if you let them or are facing an exceptionally smart player. Thus, they almost never give me problems (if anything, they give me less problems than other classes, for sure).

View PostLordofNosgoth, on November 24 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

Cloak lasts about 5 seconds. Tell me: What the F*** are you going to accomplish in 5 seconds_ You can't even make a proper escape in that time frame. You damned sure aren't going to out flank or sneak attack an enemy. Oh, and the recharge on the ability is 10X longer than it should be given it's general uselessness.
I've gotten away with it and flanked plenty of enemies with it. The trick is to not let them see you cloak in the first place. Get out of sight, THEN cloak. Escape rate is probably about 70% when I do this; the real good players will still detect the shimmer though.

View PostLordofNosgoth, on November 24 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

I've got a level 4 Infil at the moment, spec'd for speed. So when a Level 0 rocketeer can chase me around several corners, upstairs, back down another winding ramp and through about a dozen obstacles - all while blasting me with seeker salvos - and never once fall behind_ You can turn your inept opinions sideways and... I think we get the point.
If he's doing that, he's either a good player just trying out the class, or else you're a lot worse at dodging than you think you are.

The first step in that_ Not being predictable, which it sounds like is exactly what you're being.

The point of cloak in every other incarnation (save for Crysis 2, where it was also nerfed into oblivion; anyone still playing that game_ No_ I thought not) is to have it be effective enough and long lasting enough to implement a strategy beyond

"I'm already at this corner, so I'll turn on my cloak, peek my head around, lay down some quick annoyance fire and spend the rest of the game running like hell, because God knows my cloak won't recharge before the enemy can completely anal-fuzzy bunny me"

Yeah, that makes so much sense.
Cloak isn't supposed to be a crutch; it's an occasional ability. And you do know that firing cancels your cloak immediately, right_

So your answer to this is: "I can pull magic rabbits out of my @$$ so if you can't, you're awful". Grow up kid.
No, he's got a point. A good A-Class player should be almost always able to outrun a C-Class (Except maybe for C-Classes that have boosted up their mobility) and really, they should be making advantage of their ability and looking for intersections if they're trying to escape. A C-Class who specs up on Mobility will stick close, and in that case, you're in for a much tougher fight and will be better served by kiting the C-Class.

If you just try to outright run, yes a Rocketeer will get you. Why_ They're designed to wreck face with anyone who runs, because they can pump shots into your back easier than any other class.

So you better be damn sure you know what you're doing when you take that Rocketeer on if you want to win. If you take him in an open field, you'll die. If you take him without cover, you'll die. If you try to run from him when you're injured, you'll die.

You're living in a fantasy world. IF and only IF your mech is spec'd for damage and you never miss a single shot, then maybe, just maybe, the HEAT can out-DPS the AR enough to be a primary choice. I loved HEAT in the last CBE, but everybody griped about it. It feels significantly less effective than the AR. It doesn't seem to have been nerfed, but the AR does seem to have gotten a considerable buff.
I'll agree HEAT feels less useful (it definitely seems to be slower as I'm not hitting with it nearly as much as I used to).

And actually, AR got nerfed - heavily. Damage is about the same, but it got a massive ROF decrease (used to be almost 50% faster) and a mild heat increase. The SMC is better than it it in terms of DPS and heat generation by far.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users