HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Get Rid of the Seeker

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#101 Wyr

Wyr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationTransylvania, Romania

Posted November 24 2012 - 03:46 AM

I think seeker DMG and RoF is ok, what needs to be removed is the ‘aimbot’ functionality.
Posted Image

#102 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 24 2012 - 03:51 AM

View PostWyr, on November 24 2012 - 03:46 AM, said:

I think seeker DMG and RoF is ok, what needs to be removed is the ‘aimbot’ functionality.
But again... why would it be called a "Seeker" if it didn't, y'know, seek_

Sure, the devs could always rename it, but let's face it, the speed and damage these rockets do, if they were dumbfire it'd be useless. Any player who has any skill moving at all that could see them would barely take any damage from them.

Edited by DarkPulse, November 24 2012 - 03:52 AM.

Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#103 Dreizehn

Dreizehn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted November 24 2012 - 05:19 AM

In a game today, we decided - let's all use Rocketeers!

Not everybody did, but the top players did. So we slugged around spamming Seekers at each other.

It was a fairly disgusting experience. Fatties hopping around, holding the triggers at each other. Its the equivalent of a fighting game that rewards mindless button mashing.

The Seeker would probably benefit more from being a stronger, slower firing weapon. At the very least, you'd need to be able to time your damn shots.

#104 Nukerock

Nukerock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 05:47 AM

I think they should have long charge times on their missiles, so that they are good mid to long range and aren't as good as the yare right now in close range, how come a mech that only has rockets is so good in close range. The class should be the opposite of the scout.

I'd also like to see the tracking abilities removed in exchange for a skill based mortar missile slow reloading, so that they could be used to barrage spots tactically, from behind of their teams ranks but would be susceptible to flaking without team support.

#105 Manoloco

Manoloco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 06:49 AM

It should take longer to lock a target, and it should lose the lock if pilot fails to track the target with mouse until fired.

#106 LordofNosgoth

LordofNosgoth

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 07:23 AM

View PostDarkPulse, on November 24 2012 - 03:51 AM, said:

Sure, the devs could always rename it, but let's face it, the speed and damage these rockets do, if they were dumbfire it'd be useless. Any player who has any skill moving at all that could see them would barely take any damage from them.

The problem is: You can't dodge them. They seek. Derp. And the Salvo is an actual Salvo of Missiles; it's not a single shot affair. Which is retarded.

The devs should be ashamed. For shame.

View PostDreizehn, on November 24 2012 - 05:19 AM, said:

In a game today, we decided - let's all use Rocketeers!

Not everybody did, but the top players did. So we slugged around spamming Seekers at each other.

It was a fairly disgusting experience. Fatties hopping around, holding the triggers at each other. Its the equivalent of a fighting game that rewards mindless button mashing.

The Seeker would probably benefit more from being a stronger, slower firing weapon. At the very least, you'd need to be able to time your damn shots.

Yep, I would totally agree with your statement. Problem is: the kids will cry. It's all I've seen for the last few hours: Seeker spamming... I can't come up with a good enough word that isn't just filthy. Because seeker is filthy. And with the rocketeers now being faster than ever, it seems_ Yep; I'm done. You nerfed the SS into dirt; the AR melts faces in seconds; the Assault still has the single most broken ability ever conceived for this game; cloak is still completely worthless; rocketeers can now equal berserkers and infiltrators on speed and now also have a Gods damned seeking missile salvo. Oh, and Siege games last about 2 minutes instead of the half-hour plus fun'n'gun marathons they used to be.

Maybe it's just the total lack of sleep talking, but I think I'm done until this game gets a serious rework. It was decent. Now it just feels bad; really, really bad. And wrong. All the fun and challenge and enjoyment feels like it's been sucked right out of the game.

Hopefully it's not too late to see these things get fixed. But if I'm wrong and it is; then it's been a pleasure knowing all of you.

Deuces
"There is no true genius without a tincture of madness." - Aristotle
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results; that is the definition of insanity." - Albert Einstein
"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." General George Patton
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
"Only two things are infinite: The universe and stupidity... and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

#107 Lithium03

Lithium03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted November 24 2012 - 07:34 AM

View PostLordofNosgoth, on November 24 2012 - 07:23 AM, said:

C classes being equal in speed to A's_ Since when_ They were slower from the start and got a speed nerf in beta3. Come back when you've slept.

#108 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 08:24 AM

I can't come up with a good enough word that isn't just filthy. Because seeker is filthy. And with the rocketeers now being faster than ever, it seems_ Yep; I'm done. You nerfed the SS into dirt; the AR melts faces in seconds; the Assault still has the single most broken ability ever conceived for this game; cloak is still completely worthless; rocketeers can now equal berserkers and infiltrators on speed and now also have a Gods damned seeking missile salvo.
I'll never be able to take you seriously.

Edited by D20Face, November 24 2012 - 08:25 AM.

#109 defekt

defekt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 08:42 AM

Maybe it's just the total lack of sleep talking...
With respect, it reads like it probably is.  I'm no fan of the direction CB3 has taken in some regards but until the final game hits the intertubes it would be foolish to call it a day now; furthermore, big changes are in the pipes so perhaps at least waiting to see how they pan out would be sensible.  Nothing wrong with tilting, everyone does it, but often after a night's decent kip a sense of perspective tends to return.  :)

#110 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 09:22 AM

If you even just include a player tag that automatically gets attached to a player for the game if they use seeker at all:

[SEEEEEKER NOOOOOOOOOB!!!!!]playername

That would help

#111 Raxaphan

Raxaphan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 09:54 AM

We must wait and see what modifications devs can do to it. I don't think the devs want to make fun about our gameplay.
This weapon should have damage reduction and no homing, the hellfire is enough, but keep the rate of fire and maybe the heat increased a bit and a new name.

I must advise you the ones that feel 'pro' and love to use the noob word that you must use brain.
If you want this community to be a nice one and not a bad one, like the one that you don't like in other games, then stop using terms and expressions, in a bad way, that might make players leave the game or that might make them use bad words against you.

Please try and do your best at teaching others or in this case try and take cover when you see rocketeer. I can take cover against it and my fps drop to 4-5 when the rockets are coming to give me a hug.
It's not like this weapon will remain like now.

Edited by Raxaphan, November 24 2012 - 10:08 AM.

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

#112 Crimson_Corsair

Crimson_Corsair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 07:04 PM

Interesting idea for the seeker. What if it had a special ability to throw a grenade-like homing beacon and the missiles would seek that_  Activate again and it destroys the beacon. enemies can shoot to destroy it.

Posted Image

#113 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 24 2012 - 08:02 PM

View PostDarkPulse, on November 24 2012 - 03:51 AM, said:

Make them target based on laser designation a la HL2
BAM it seeks but you actually have to be awake to use one
Alternatively you could... yknow.. change the speed/damage/what have you
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#114 DER3Z

DER3Z

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • LocationCleveland,Ohio

Posted November 24 2012 - 10:32 PM

Did they increase the accuracy of the hellfire missles__

The sole survivor of BSB

Twitching channel

http://www.twitch.tv...eel_brotherhood

Star citizen

https://robertsspace...m/orgs/STARWIND

#115 LordofNosgoth

LordofNosgoth

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 10:33 PM

View PostD20Face, on November 24 2012 - 08:24 AM, said:

I can't come up with a good enough word that isn't just filthy. Because seeker is filthy. And with the rocketeers now being faster than ever, it seems_ Yep; I'm done. You nerfed the SS into dirt; the AR melts faces in seconds; the Assault still has the single most broken ability ever conceived for this game; cloak is still completely worthless; rocketeers can now equal berserkers and infiltrators on speed and now also have a Gods damned seeking missile salvo.

Cloak lasts about 5 seconds. Tell me: What the F*** are you going to accomplish in 5 seconds_ You can't even make a proper escape in that time frame. You damned sure aren't going to out flank or sneak attack an enemy. Oh, and the recharge on the ability is 10X longer than it should be given it's general uselessness.

The one and only drawback to weaponry in this game is heat value produced. Assault class is the only one that can completely ignore this, while simultaneously having the fastest firing and - arguably - most powerful weapons available for Mid-Range or CQC... which is all this game is, thanks to poor map design.

I've got a level 4 Infil at the moment, spec'd for speed. So when a Level 0 rocketeer can chase me around several corners, upstairs, back down another winding ramp and through about a dozen obstacles - all while blasting me with seeker salvos - and never once fall behind_ You can turn your inept opinions sideways and... I think we get the point.

I complain about the AR melting faces in seconds because I've used it to do exactly that. It's not worth it to use HEAT cannon when the AR fires faster, has better range and can out DPS the HEAT every day of the week. I've got vids of me doing just that. It's sad.

I'll never be able to value a word out of your mouth, much less take you seriously.

Had time to sleep, took a second look. While my attitude has improved, my observations and opinions have not. I've lost my faith in this game for the time being.

I'll keep track of the patch notes and see how things go. In the interim: The game isn't fun. Deuces.

Edited by LordofNosgoth, November 24 2012 - 10:35 PM.

"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results; that is the definition of insanity." - Albert Einstein
"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." General George Patton
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
"Only two things are infinite: The universe and stupidity... and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

#116 NotKjell

NotKjell

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 10:53 PM

I can only speak as a infiltrator about the AR...but it's fuzzy bunny next to the HEAT :/ I can consistent land it at all ranges, kite and peek-a-boo so well.

Posted Image

High-level Hawken discussion and play wednesdays at 7:00 PST http://www.twitch.tv/thecockpit

#117 Lithium03

Lithium03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted November 24 2012 - 11:22 PM

View PostLordofNosgoth, on November 24 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

View PostD20Face, on November 24 2012 - 08:24 AM, said:

Cloak lasts about 5 seconds. Tell me: What the F*** are you going to accomplish in 5 seconds_ You can't even make a proper escape in that time frame. You damned sure aren't going to out flank or sneak attack an enemy. Oh, and the recharge on the ability is 10X longer than it should be given it's general uselessness.

The one and only drawback to weaponry in this game is heat value produced. Assault class is the only one that can completely ignore this, while simultaneously having the fastest firing and - arguably - most powerful weapons available for Mid-Range or CQC... which is all this game is, thanks to poor map design.

I've got a level 4 Infil at the moment, spec'd for speed. So when a Level 0 rocketeer can chase me around several corners, upstairs, back down another winding ramp and through about a dozen obstacles - all while blasting me with seeker salvos - and never once fall behind_ You can turn your inept opinions sideways and... I think we get the point.

I complain about the AR melting faces in seconds because I've used it to do exactly that. It's not worth it to use HEAT cannon when the AR fires faster, has better range and can out DPS the HEAT every day of the week. I've got vids of me doing just that. It's sad.

I'll never be able to value a word out of your mouth, much less take you seriously.

Had time to sleep, took a second look. While my attitude has improved, my observations and opinions have not. I've lost my faith in this game for the time being.

I'll keep track of the patch notes and see how things go. In the interim: The game isn't fun. Deuces.

You can sneak past some one and hit them while they aren't looking, causing them to either die, or break a team's position, though that requires team work. You're not playing TF2 spy.

Letting a C catch up to a movement specced A_ You're awful, there's no way if you're trying, for that to work.

The HEAT actually does more dps than the AR, assuming you can aim, and due to the way it damages, is better at hit and run which plays well into the A playstyle. The AR would be easier to use if you can't land HEAT rounds though.

#118 LordofNosgoth

LordofNosgoth

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 11:38 PM

View PostLithium03, on November 24 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

You can sneak past some one and hit them while they aren't looking, causing them to either die, or break a team's position, though that requires team work. You're not playing TF2 spy.

The point of cloak in every other incarnation (save for Crysis 2, where it was also nerfed into oblivion; anyone still playing that game_ No_ I thought not) is to have it be effective enough and long lasting enough to implement a strategy beyond

"I'm already at this corner, so I'll turn on my cloak, peek my head around, lay down some quick annoyance fire and spend the rest of the game running like hell, because God knows my cloak won't recharge before the enemy can completely anal-fuzzy bunny me"

Yeah, that makes so much sense.

Letting a C catch up to a movement specced A_ You're awful, there's no way if you're trying, for that to work.

So your answer to this is: "I can pull magic rabbits out of my @$$ so if you can't, you're awful". Grow up kid.

The HEAT actually does more dps than the AR, assuming you can aim, and due to the way it damages, is better at hit and run which plays well into the A playstyle. The AR would be easier to use if you can't land HEAT rounds though.

You're living in a fantasy world. IF and only IF your mech is spec'd for damage and you never miss a single shot, then maybe, just maybe, the HEAT can out-DPS the AR enough to be a primary choice. I loved HEAT in the last CBE, but everybody griped about it. It feels significantly less effective than the AR. It doesn't seem to have been nerfed, but the AR does seem to have gotten a considerable buff.

#119 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 24 2012 - 11:57 PM

The AR got nerfed bro
Maybe you should try getting your facts straight before you make these sorts of assertions about gameplay
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#120 Titzilla

Titzilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationBehind Cover

Posted November 25 2012 - 12:24 AM

Oh man, Nosgoth, I can not take you seriously at all with your assertion that AR is better than HC.There is no way that AR's DPS is even close to HC's unless you hit with every single bullet because you're literally in the enemy's face. Just learn to aim with the HC and you'll realize how much better than the AR it is.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users