HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Get Rid of the Seeker

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#61 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 09:06 PM

View Postsakenagi, on November 21 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

View PostAbcoe, on November 21 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

Seeker does way too much damage for how easy it is to use.  Way too OP

it is easy to use, but you do get a warning when it's coming.  it's pretty easy to dodge.   it's not much of a problem to me personally.

No you don't those are hellfire missiles

#62 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 21 2012 - 09:24 PM

it is easy to use, but you do get a warning when it's coming.  it's pretty easy to dodge.   it's not much of a problem to me personally.
Except that's not true
There's no warning for seekers, only hellfires (not that it would make a difference anyway) and they're ridiculously hard to see. I've also hit people who aren't even onscreen
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#63 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 21 2012 - 09:40 PM

the primary weapon seems a bit strong.  but the previous one was very very weak.

keep the rocket, but make it's damage 20% weaker.
Are you talking about the HEAT or the EOC_

If you're calling my precious HEAT weak, I may have to smack you.

The EOC was fairly tricky to use, and I don't think I even came close to it's skill ceiling, but I'd argue it was quite great actually.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#64 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted November 22 2012 - 01:11 AM

EOC is what all guns should be like, SKILLFUL

Not like the seekers where you don't even have to aim... I feel like i'm cheating with it..
Posted Image
*sigh*

#65 Sicarius_X

Sicarius_X

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationI am normally at computer desk. Or university

Posted November 22 2012 - 01:16 AM

I don't want them to drop the seeker entirely, just change the mechanics on the damn gun. Heat gun is sick nasty good, but I'd rather not see a 2hit combo on the rocketeer.

#66 Zorvaz

Zorvaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 02:32 AM

After playing with the seeker all day pretty much, I'd have to agree that it needs to be tweaked in some way, as it is too good at the moment. If they reduce the damage it does after a certain distance traveled and/or gave a lock-on warning it would put in a better spot. Right now I can practically snipe with the thing for too much damage.

#67 D3thpool

D3thpool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth

Posted November 22 2012 - 03:03 AM

to add, the seeker in its current form on a high armor mech is just a little over the top.
"The World is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind"

H.P. Lovecraft

#68 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 22 2012 - 09:49 AM

Rocketeer - the heavy sniper that shoots around corners.

tried it out myself after dying over and over and over to seeker missiles around corners. They arc sooooo nasty. It has nothing to do with skill in dodging these things and is completely just on having cover. Which doesn't always work because yet again, they arc like a beast. Not only does the seeker missiles do this, but also the hellfire missiles. I know some of it could be potential lag issues, but it is happening far too often to just be a lag burst and I wasn't around the corner.

gah... hellfire I can handle. slow.. can dodge, easy to see coming and a good warning sign of my impending doom. But seekers cd is next to nothing and you cannot just dodge them all day long. Might as well just make them hitscan... it would at least add some skill to using them. Well.. at least more than what it currently does.

#69 NotAnExit

NotAnExit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted November 22 2012 - 12:12 PM

I can see two easily justified fixes:
Addition of a lock-on warning.
Heat generation:  Seekers need to generate a heck of a lot more heat than they do currently.

Alternately, the fire rate could be reduced.

#70 ConsterMonster

ConsterMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 02:23 PM

Wait guys i figured it out!

it should be a charge weapon. the maximum turn speed and damage increase as you charge, so that just clicking is completely straight, unguided, and a full charge is a lock on like a hellfire missile. Any visual effects for lock would be nice too :)

#71 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 22 2012 - 02:25 PM

View PostConsterMonster, on November 22 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

Wait guys i figured it out!

it should be a charge weapon. the maximum turn speed and damage increase as you charge, so that just clicking is completely straight, unguided, and a full charge is a lock on like a hellfire missile. Any visual effects for lock would be nice too :)
So just hold the button for a bit so you don't have to aim_
No thanks.

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#72 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 22 2012 - 02:29 PM

Lock on isn't really a valid fix for it, particularly when dealing with an actual fight
You'll just see the lock on message the whole time, due to the fire rate AND due to the hellfires
The rockets themselves are hard to see, even if I'm the one firing them. I can only imagine how difficult it was for the people was fighting to  activelydodge them
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#73 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 22 2012 - 02:37 PM

View PostBeemann, on November 22 2012 - 02:29 PM, said:

The rockets themselves are hard to see, even if I'm the one firing them. I can only imagine how difficult it was for the people was fighting to  activelydodge them
And considering the Seeker fires about 1 missile a second, good luck trying to dodge all of them.

AJK is right

#74 Zorvaz

Zorvaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 02:44 PM

Lock on isn't really a valid fix for it, particularly when dealing with an actual fight
You'll just see the lock on message the whole time, due to the fire rate AND due to the hellfires
Thats true, did not think about how there would be a constant warning on your screen. Reducing the damage at long ranges may fix the problem, but completely getting rid of the lock on mechanic would probably be the best idea at that point. I love the idea of the gun, but it needs to be tweaked in some way.

#75 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 22 2012 - 02:47 PM

View PostZorvaz, on November 22 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

Thats true, did not think about how there would be a constant warning on your screen. Reducing the damage at long ranges may fix the problem, but completely getting rid of the lock on mechanic would probably be the best idea at that point. I love the idea of the gun, but it needs to be tweaked in some way.
Skill beyond "point in the general direction of the enemy" needs to be a factor.
And for something that hits that hard, it should fire slower and generate more heat.

AJK is right

#76 Zorvaz

Zorvaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 02:56 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 22 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

View PostZorvaz, on November 22 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

Skill beyond "point in the general direction of the enemy" needs to be a factor.
And for something that hits that hard, it should fire slower and generate more heat.
Ya, I would rather they get rid of the lock-on mechanic, but I do not know if that goes against their "newbie" weapon idea, even if I do not agree with it. In regards to heat and firing rate, if they get rid of the lock-on it would be fine with a slower firing rate. Although if the lock-on stays it definitely needs to be nerfed harder in other areas.

#77 Avathar

Avathar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 03:06 PM

Biggest problem is that its free aswell, so on every map ive played on atm there are 4-5 rocketers on each side and 1-2 of every other kind. All that happens everytime i get into a fight a few seconds pass of action only to end up by someones seeker...diversity and balance or noone will keep playing this game...

TL;DR the game is now called rocketeers!

#78 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 22 2012 - 03:12 PM

View PostAvathar, on November 22 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

Biggest problem is that its free aswell, so on every map ive played on atm there are 4-5 rocketers on each side and 1-2 of every other kind. All that happens everytime i get into a fight a few seconds pass of action only to end up by someones seeker...diversity and balance or noone will keep playing this game...

TL;DR the game is now called rocketeers!
You're not going to like what Grenadiers to do sahara, if you havent run into it already :P
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#79 ConsterMonster

ConsterMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 03:21 PM

if holding for charge increased turning speed (starting from 0) but NOT damage, it would be a straight sacrifice of rate of fire for not having to aim. Obviously this weapon is meant as a crutch, this might work.

to be honest though i dont know what the fuss is about i havent been dying from it much, esp compared to skilled HEAT/grenade launcher/he charge players (grenade/heat and grenade/repeater still my fav build) The tracking seems to miss a lot if a keep dodging, to the point where it actually hits a lot less than a good player with slug rifle/heat cannon

the only way id say its genuinely op is having an explosion radius on top of the tracking and relatively high ROF

Edited by ConsterMonster, November 22 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#80 Fillyshy

Fillyshy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 10:09 PM

I agree

rocketeer is waaaaayyyyy overpowered

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users