HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Rivisions for Patch 3.0

Beta Patch Update

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Patch 3.0 Revisions (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for improvements on the 4 Issues mentioned.

1. Improved options for Enemy Sighted. (3 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Rebalance the Infiltrator's speed. (1 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

3. Offer compensation or alternatives to the Grenade Launcher. (2 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. Keep turrets out indefinitely until destroyed or re-used. (6 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Sincereless

Sincereless

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationThe Future

Posted November 20 2012 - 08:37 PM

I played for around 1 hour before the servers just now went down. A few things that caught my eye that I'd like to hear your views on.

1: Enemy Sighted Icon.
I noticed it being overused to the extent I cannot concentrate on the enemy at hand.

Getting a disable feature for it would be a good idea. Only showing up on the map would work just as well.

2: Gimping the infiltrators speed.
While all speeds were gimped. It's only natural the fastest mech would be the most affected. As such, I was. I know our stats have been reset so they aren't the same as CBE2. However I'm noticing too much of a difference by adding up the numbers from previous CBE's. In CBE2. The max potential was:

2 mps Walk/Run/Boost
1.98(.66 X 3) Boost forward speed.
2.2 mps Thusters support equipment.
6.18 mps Total.

As of CBE 3:

1 mps Walk/Run/Boost
.54(.18 X 3) Boost forward speed.
.5 mps Thrusters Support equipment.
2.04 mps Total.

This makes hit and run tactics useless. Turning Hawken into more Chromehounds than Armored Core.

3: Offensive Eternal: Special Weapon Loader
For burst damage this was my saving grace during the CBE's.

As of CBE2: .5 reload or 10%.
As of CBE3: 10%.

The Grenade Launcher has a firing speed of .3. That .5 nearly tripled it's usage making it possible to overheat when overused to some degree. 10% of .3 = .03 making it .33. Another major gimp.

4: Item Respawning.
While fighting from long range I spawn the minigun turret and stand on it to see further out. While doing this. The timer finished and exploded my minigun turret causing me to rocket a good 50 feet in the air. It was a seige fight so I am assuming that is the reason there was no ceiling cap. While funny to watch others staring at me for the brief moment this needs to be addressed.

My suggestion would be to keep the first spawn out until destroyed or redeployed by the mech user.

With that said, if you have an opinion or view on this speak up so it can be heard.

Edited by Sincereless, November 20 2012 - 08:37 PM.

#2 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMission Control

Posted November 20 2012 - 08:44 PM

I agree with the point of the turret..

In my case, the turret didn't automatically explode when the cooldown reset; it only did after I pressed "R" again. But it's also been argued that in the case of the turret, having it out and being able to reset it still makes it a beast over some other items [although its effectiveness in damaging/sustaining damage has been reduced]

What I would say to do is simply not make the turret droppable again until the one that is out is destroyed by a player [given that the cooldown timer has finished as well].

Edited by Ace4225, November 20 2012 - 08:44 PM.

Posted Image
US East    -Brawler   -Berserker   -Scout   -Assault
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#3 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 10:14 PM

A few things:

Agreed. The enemy sighted display thing is massive, and when I use it while fighting I quite easily lose track of where the enemy actually is. This shouldn't be the case.

Patch notes only said that B and C classes had their base move speeds lowered. I didn't see anything about A class.
Internals and optimisations are being tweaked massively. Expect much to change. What we have right now are only temp values. Devs have confirmed this.

Turrets do not auto explode at the end of their refresh. They only explode if you place another one, or if they get shot at enough by enemies.
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

#4 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 10:35 PM

View PostSincereless, on November 20 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

I played for around 1 hour before the servers just now went down. A few things that caught my eye that I'd like to hear your views on.

1: Enemy Sighted Icon.
I noticed it being overused to the extent I cannot concentrate on the enemy at hand.

Getting a disable feature for it would be a good idea. Only showing up on the map would work just as well.

The new red circle hides the enemy when you use it, that's kinda odd, it should make the enemy more visible not impossible to see. Also how about only usable when you actually see an enemy_

#5 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted November 21 2012 - 12:33 AM

Agree on the enemy spotted size, it's freaking huge.  It's just too big.

And the turret.  While I don't mind the slight nerf, the two things that bother me about it now are:
  • A timer on it's life span_  Really_  I'm still not sure about the whole items regen thing to begin with, or the new only two items to pick from bit.
  • Why does it deploy in front of me vs behind as it used to_  Boosting forward and dropping a turret should not stop me in my tracks (this might be a sharpshooter thing only but it's still a bad design).

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

#6 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 07:30 AM

View Postbacon_avenger, on November 21 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

A timer on it's life span_  Really_

View PostNitris, on November 20 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

Turrets do not auto explode at the end of their refresh. They only explode if you place another one, or if they get shot at enough by enemies.

I have tested this out many times, with both Rocket and MG turrets.

I agree on the new "dropzone" when deploying turrets. I prefered it to drop behind my mech, not infront.
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Patch, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users