• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Right, so I've noticed a thing in the last few days.

3 infils + pred on Wreckage. Mines everywhere.

3 SS + 2 reaper on Bazaar.

4 scoots+infil on Origin.

I mean, what is this? Have people forgotten what a proper team composition is? I am honestly getting a bit pissed that people refuse to move away from the map meta. I even had one guys straight up leave the game because he wanted to play infil, but there were already two. So instead of switching mech, he left.

My suggestion is to the players, and it's very simple: try to apply some decent team composition: 2 of each class and no duplicate Axes. I mean, you wanna be badass, I get that. Orblord scoot as much as you want, but for the love of god don't be the 4th pilot with the exact same idea. I mean, is it a good K/D you want? MMR? Bragging rights?

I just don't get it. Don't people play for fun anymore?

/rant

• bacon_avenger, DerMax, Guns_N_Rozer and 1 other like this

KkaQ7HY.png

hsabot4.png  jaDBqOD.png  JsRCQoO.png  4XXKL4C.png

KDR Clan Leader | UVW Host |  KOBALT Leader

[email protected]

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

You mad bro? 6 Snipers on Bazaar fuzzy bun'.

You could remind me of that everyday. 'Cause I am raging.

EDIT: Oh and answer your question what this is: Meta game

Edited by FakeName, 14 April 2015 - 11:17 AM.

• Drrt4 likes this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Drrt4

Drrt4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

inb4 all tech servers. I wanna do one one day. :(

Hawkensig_Medic.jpg

Spoiler

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

I need to stick to the same mech for days if i wish to achieve any success with it. It's just the way my brain works, i can't switch to a different mech after playing some other because my mind somehow is still in the previous one. so i just ignore the team composition and try to be effective.

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

inb4 all tech servers. I wanna do one one day. :(

You should have seen the war wednesday where we had one incin per team and the rest were all techs. Did I mention this was a mayhem server?

Video here (Merl's POV).

Edited by crockrocket, 14 April 2015 - 11:37 AM.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

I need to stick to the same mech for days if i wish to achieve any success with it. It's just the way my brain works, i can't switch to a different mech after playing some other because my mind somehow is still in the previous one. so i just ignore the team composition and try to be effective.

My mind is different to yours. Often I will switch mech 4-5 times per match, or sometimes I'll go on 5 match sprees with the same mech.

My mind is weird, but what can I say, I'm a Turnip. What did you expect?

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

If it's a mech I am used to, I will switch between a few. But if I am learning a mech I will use it regardless 95% of the time.

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

Well just finished some games today in bazar map with 6 SS....and it was tons of fun  :teehee:

yeah...would be great if-- 2 of each class and no duplicate Axes 

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

by far one of the best matches I've ever been in was where someone on our team said "Hey! Let's everyone go Tech!"

Nobody on our team died, and it was a bloodbath for the other team. farking glorious!

as for mech pref, I do Tech, Van, Brawler, and G2Raider, with a sprinkling of Infil and Fred or Assault.

Depends what mood I'm in/how rekt. Last weekend I drove G2R then lotsa BattleTech in some DMs and broke even on MMR, got drunk as hell and had a merry old time 

I have been asked in the past, after one frighteningly good match in a HEAT Scout, if I was playing straight/sober (yup). it was a little too cold and precise--not as much FUN.

:)

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Right, so I've noticed a thing in the last few days.

3 infils + pred on Wreckage. Mines everywhere.

3 SS + 2 reaper on Bazaar.

4 scoots+infil on Origin.

I mean, what is this? Have people forgotten what a proper team composition is? I am honestly getting a bit pissed that people refuse to move away from the map meta. I even had one guys straight up leave the game because he wanted to play infil, but there were already two. So instead of switching mech, he left.

My suggestion is to the players, and it's very simple: try to apply some decent team composition: 2 of each class and no duplicate Axes. I mean, you wanna be badass, I get that. Orblord scoot as much as you want, but for the love of god don't be the 4th pilot with the exact same idea. I mean, is it a good K/D you want? MMR? Bragging rights?

I just don't get it. Don't people play for fun anymore?

/rant

It's not a bad idea, however... What about those people that don't have anything else except the CRT or the Assault?  Then again, I do like this idea.  It would help solve the match imbalance where everyone on one team tries to use the exact same mech to stomp the other team.

For mech preference I have this:

Predator

Grenadier

Infiltrator

Vanguard

Sharpshooter

Incinerator (though it's a last resort)

Well just finished some games today in bazar map with 6 SS....and it was tons of fun  :teehee:

yeah...would be great if-- 2 of each class and no duplicate Axes 

Not so sure about 2 of each class would be a great idea...  I'd say 2 of each class would be a valid lock.

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

crockrocket that video is absolutely hilarious! I would loved to have been there for that one. As anyone who have played matches with me knows I am a Mech-O-Holic. I have 2 or more of every mech in the game and sometimes I see if I can play them all, grin. I love playing diff mechs, fun to me. Am I good at all of them? Nope, doesn't matter. I play for fun. I'm not exactly getting a check here right? :P

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

One match i had was all EOC preds, the floor was just exploding, everywhere, all the time, walking was death.

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

And thus, the warriors of Hawken rediscover the ancient childhood game of "The Floor is Lava".

• Rchive, WastingTime and HoneyBoomBoom like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users