• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I posted this a while back, but it was Reddit and therefore impossible to format even remotely well.

Welcome to some of the highest-level gameplay I can muster.

As the video will tell you this is a combination of The Art of Warfare (TAW)’s A- and B-team’s taking on one of the top-3 teams in the entire game. The fact that we pulled out that close a loss is fuzzy bunnyng incredible to me, since me and Tom being in there dragged our average MMR down by like 300 points. 

Things to pay attention to:

• Our calls/coordination/tactical chat. They could definitely be better. Smash is usually much more vocal, but he quiets down in new situations. But still, the sheer tactical edge that you get by knowing who is low where is incalculable.
  • Timed attacks: I screwed up a ton of these and at high-level play they are basically required. You need to hit a point in force or even 1 mech could conceivably hold you off. There’s a point at the end where ScoobyHusky holds off three people on S1 because they failed to attack properly, which played a large part in us being able to come back.
  • 4:00 - Just. Wow. That was a flawless strike by TOEMASHER and ArchMech. What happened, in case you missed it, was Toe called me as a target, Powershot me with his Sharpshooter and then Arch finished me off with an alpha strike.
  • Sorry, I just needed to watch that again. fuzzy bunnyng flawless.
  • Point rotation: you can hear Merl and me directing which point should be taken next and I think for the most part we do a decent job of it. Better calls would definitely have assisted us, but what we tried to do overall was take points they were abandoning while defending the one we currently held. Colloquially, this is called ring-around-the-rosies and it’s how you win circular maps, unless you happen to be OMNI. What we did well was identify which points they were going to attack; what we did less well was identify which points were defended and how well.
  • Hyginos clearly had connection problems, elsewise he wouldn’t have been in a Rocketeer. That being said, around 6:15 I give a masterclass in how to take on a C-class as an A. His counter should have been to just give me the shotgun treatment with the Hellfires instead of trying for a lockon, but that didn’t end up happening
  • Watch your radars. A couple of times you’ll see me lose my target and I try to re-acquire visually instead of by radar. Dumb, rookie mistake. Also, a couple of times where I end up in the middle of the enemy team
  • All the times when I am intentionally in the middle of the enemy team, distracting them.

I’ve had better games, technically and visually, but this is the best I’ve remembered to record, so that’s what you get. 

• Guns_N_Rozer, The_Tennant and cybertormentor like this

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

just came across this, surfing and reminiscing.  TAW was fun--i learned so much from those guys.  even tho it was a while back, thanks for posting this. good memories!

:yes:

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tpg, taw, tang, scrim, scrims, video, youtube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users