164 replies to this topic

BIsmuthZornisse

BIsmuthZornisse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Or, alternatively, a working spectator mode

Or how about replay mode? After a match you can download the replayfile. Said file would be, rather than a video, a log of inputs that the server received from the players. That way, you could move the camera and switch between players (like you can in Botdestruction, while you're destroyed and awaiting revival).

EDIT:

The tutorial needs to be redone, period. It does a crappy job at explaining in depth mechanics that will help develop players into better players and subsequently into high MMR tiers. The tutorial only teaches the basics (moving and shooting which are FPS fundamentals and hardly any useful applications of Hawken's quirks like 180 spin. Only teaches a basic dodge) Newer players just flat out don't know what true movement mastery is so thus the game should provide the tools and instruction necessary to get their foot in the door.

Or even leave the current tutorial and have a separate "advanced tutorial" type thing that would teach more advanced stuff.

The game really needs to teach game mechanics to people.

I don't remember if the tutorial even tells you that boosting, firing and flight makes you show up on the enemies' minimap.

How many players even now any of the following about siege:

If no ship is airborne, the bases' eu bar actually fills up by itself at 1 unit per second.

You can abort the eu transfer at the base by pressing the interaction button.

The speed of launching anti air missiles increases for every player that the team has inside the aa area (minus the number of players the enemy team has on point). This is especially important to teach. i all too often see other players staying outside the aa when their enemies ship is airborne.

Edited by BismutZornisse, 17 May 2015 - 02:50 AM.

• WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW likes this

I have a lot of ideas and would like some feedback on them:

Suggestions for fixing things:

https://community.pl...of-suggestions/

Suggestions for new things:

https://community.pl...for-new-things/

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Sometimes it's better to stay outside of aa to see more around it :] but ye I didn't know I can cancel eu transfer that is a new one for me. I would have won more siege games if I knew that  :pirate:

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

btw.. core experience.. ye tutorials are good but an average gamer will figure things out in a game sooner or later so all the beurocratic stuff is not the reason. What if just walking around  or howering would feel soo good that you would not stop playing even getting killed constantly as a new player and would WANT to learn about the game? And if it's glitchy and you stuck to some silly corner and die that initial impression suffers plus all the gamemode rules and people dodging in the air around as you try to aim with this turn rate cap. Oh yes hawken can be really frustrating. I try to show in my videos what is good about it but it's not as easy as it could be. I know this video was posted million times and that it's enhanced with pp.

youtube comment

Doge 3 weeks ago[/size]

how is possible that the early version of the game LOOKS AND SOUNDS way better than the game that we have now!!

Edited by dorobo, 17 May 2015 - 11:40 PM.

Lily_from_animove

Lily_from_animove

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

how is possible that the early version of the game LOOKS AND SOUNDS way better than the game that we have now!!

performance optimisation. Most games start overconfigurated to look awesome and are played on dedicated testign amchines having quite some power. Then Devs realise most of their actual playerbase can not provide the hardware to play properly, and stuff gets "optimsied". Which often are hidden downgrades.

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

performance optimisation. Most games start overconfigurated to look awesome and are played on dedicated testign amchines having quite some power. Then Devs realise most of their actual playerbase can not provide the hardware to play properly, and stuff gets "optimsied". Which often are hidden downgrades.

Ye but knowing that doesn't do my sorrow any good. Long time ago I even asked for those optimisations myself but was thinking in terms of delete couple of polygons outside of the map and not slashing sound files in half :]

And that video being out there don't add up to that first impression of the game too.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users