• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

DonCornelius

DonCornelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

To play siege, you have to know the objectives to be effective. There is nothing better than having both teams knowing where to go and when. It makes for an exciting match. Wouldn't everyone agree? A major problem with the siege is the newb. Just one newb can cripple a team and make people frustrated. Frustrated players do horrible things like spamming the chat with angryness and disrespect, and frustation causes quitting which can creat further imbalance (or EPIC combacks!!!).

I have two suggestions for solutions to the newb problem.

1) Raise the bar for entrance into the siege event.

Require a higher pilot level for example, or have a siege training tutorial that must be passed before you can play. Somehow exclude the cluless players or segregate them into a special rookie/training siege server.

2) Give the siege players one of those high capacity servers.

I love siege almost more than beer. But when i played teamdeathmatch on one of those 24 vs 24 servers I said to myself "this is my new favourite!" 

Math time: If you are on a six player team and just one of your mates is unskilled and not contributing to the war effort for one reason or another, your team has 17% less effectiveness with two newbs that figure jumps to 33%. But on a 24 player team one newb is only a 4% drag on my emotions.

This is, I believe, the better of my 2 suggestions. It is inclusive, doesn't shut players out. Also it gives new players a place to learn on the job in an arena that minimizes the impact of the newb's inexperience.

Also, C'MON give siege one of those big servers!!!!

Thanks for your consideration

DonC

Tankman95

Tankman95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

2) Give the siege players one of those high capacity servers.

I love siege almost more than beer. But when i played teamdeathmatch on one of those 24 vs 24 servers I said to myself "this is my new favourite!"

It's basicly the same over here. I almost only played siege, but after I tried a few matches on the new 24 servers I'm in love with tdm.

But 6v6 on siege is the max amount of players. Even a team of two skilled people can take and hold the aa and if the match is balanced there will be always all 12 people at or around the aa and that's a mess. Just think of last eco, 12 mechs around the aa? There is like no chance ever the enemy team can capture it.

Siege isn't ment for so many people and I think 6v6 are sometimes even too many.

"I loved Battlestar Galactica. Chewbacca was my favorite Klingon in it."

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

A siege training thing would be nice. It'll help but I doubt it'll majorly alleviate the problem.

One time during Siege I said "Don't launch while enemy fully has AA". A guy launches. Later in the same match I said the same thing. Same guy launched. Either he didn't see chat, or didn't care, but he certainly wasted resources.

Besides, I think the issue with siege is sort of "not knowing how to play", but largely an issue of making poor judgement calls.

Blaz0re

Blaz0re

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

There are Keys to call for Help ingame, or to spot an enemy.
Why aren't there keys for siege to tell your teammates to go aa, go for eu, or tell them that you will be launching the ship?
I think it really would improve communication since you can communicate on the run without stopping and typing in chat. That wouldnt only help noobs, but everyone.

Edited by Blaz0re, 29 April 2015 - 11:35 AM.

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Technically there isn't a need for separate keys. You already have an announcer and various on screen prompts.

If a teammate from a distance needs help, the radar may not adequately tell you what you are up against. And there really isn't anything else in game stating your teammate needs help.

Spotting is similar, if someone manages to see an enemy spotting them is the only real way to get them on the radar that isn't some sort of combat action (aside from scanner).

In Siege you have multiple notifications from the game. I'm not saying they aren't *needed*, just that they technically aren't *necessary*.

teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Not sure if this was mentioned:

But how about making it so you can't see the enemies EU level?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: siege

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users