Photo

Kamikaze jumping in rocket doesn't work in Siege?

- - - - - siege

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

MetalNerd

MetalNerd

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I tried what seemed like a good strategy in siege game mode:

If the enemy holds the AA and you can't take it, rush in, jump into the launching AA rocket and destroy it by sacrificing your bot, before the rocket hits your ship.

Fortunately I was able to do just that: rushed in and destroyed the rocket as it was launching.

Unfortunately, even though I successfully destroyed the rocket (and it successfully destroyed me), the AA rocket (that didn't exist anymore) hit our ship anyways.

This somehow feels "wrong". In my book, a non-existing rocket shouldn't do any damage.

I think it would be great to see this "fixed"/"changed", as this would open up a bunch of new strategies in siege game mode.

Do you folks agree--or am I on crack / missing something?

• dorobo, bacon_avenger, MomOw and 1 other like this

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

I thought I replied to this a while ago... guess not.

Anyhow, yup, you're right... and it's annoying.  The same happens in Missile Assault.

At first, I thought that the rocket/missile was just destroying my mech... but further attempts and attention paid revealed what you describe.

As for how I feel about which way this should go...  tough call.  I sure think that, if destroying the missile was a possible strategy, it would require the sacrifice of a mech - I would not want it to be possible to shoot it down.  But, I suppose it could also end up where this tactic causes a match to drag on indefinitely.   I'd like to try it to see what actually happens though.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

#makesuicidetheanswer 

(this is a joke)

(suicide is not a joke)

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

too random if you can get in its path to make it viable specialy under pressure

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
Huh. It works in MA. Unless it doesn't and I've always just assumed that it does, not paying attention to the math.

The math is much easier, albeit visual, in Siege.

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Good point.  I second your idea.  It would be really hard to do if you didn't control the AA, but worth it to save your team and base.

• dorobo likes this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Good point.  I second your idea.  It would be really hard to do if you didn't control the AA, but worth it to save your team and base.

If the AA missile could be body-blocked, it could work on Origin, using that jump pad on the S1 side of the map to get onto the 2nd level of the AA

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

a hole in programming

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
Are AA rockets destructible by hitscans like sabot?

I hope not, as they would follow a predictable path, and therefore an enemy SS or two could negate the benefit of taking the AA.
  • Arkhaun likes this

Arkhaun

Arkhaun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Are AA rockets destructible by hitscans like sabot?

I hope not, as they would follow a predictable path, and therefore an enemy SS or two could negate the benefit of taking the AA.

as if siege games vs nep weren't stressful enough...

SORRY CAPS

170323-R9tPRfBFIQ79.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: siege

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users