• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Game begins, both teams rush for the EU. Enemy team launches their ship first then locks down the AA. What does my team do? 

Instead of contesting the AA they just sit there at spawn slowly chipping off the enemy's ships health while the other half of the team is trying to cap the AA and getting their asses handed to them by the superior force.

So after a while we finally get the ship down and what do they do? They launch our ship while the enemy team still has full control of the AA...

Surprise surprise, our ship gets destroyed in a few mins and the cycle begins again..

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

ship engine should be invulnerable (i mean it can't take damage, so, you no need shoot in this), imho
dis is game about "mechs killing mechs", not a "mechs killing ship" :D

Edited by nepacaka, 14 July 2016 - 11:31 AM.

• Brother3J and DingdongJR like this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
Welcome to hawken

Edit: on a more serious note, come by the hkts (ts5.gameservers.com:9152) for war wednesday @ 9 pm est(guess what day THAT is on) and your chances of getting a siege (pronounced "see-ay-gay") match with tons of fun on a bun are pretty.... high... (^U^)...

Edited by coldform, 14 July 2016 - 11:50 AM.

• Shade__ and DingdongJR like this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Well, that guy in the "Baer Taffy plays Hawken" video (topic was moved to console section) decided to play Siege in his video - even indicates he's played it before - so he joins before the beginning of the match and, when the counter releases the barriers, rushes straight to the AA... and proceeds to act surprised, "What's going on here?  Where is everyone?  I guess they're just slow."  So, I'm already laughing at Baer Taffy... when another newbie from the opposing team shows up at the AA a few seconds after that.  LOLlies!  So Baer Taffy goes, "Oh! There they are." and proceeds to do his own private TDM at the AA while the actual game is still happening at the EU stations.  :P

• DingdongJR likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
Sounds about right

I notice a lot of people don't pay attention to the amount of eu needed to launch.. it's really common for the team to only need a small amount of eu, say 100 or whatever, but literally everyone on the team will gather a full load of eu AND attempt to deliver it before making a move on the aa when only a single mech needed to do that :/
  • DieselCat, Arkhaun, Charcoal and 1 other like this

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

Sounds about right

I notice a lot of people don't pay attention to the amount of eu needed to launch.. it's really common for the team to only need a small amount of eu, say 100 or whatever, but literally everyone on the team will gather a full load of eu AND attempt to deliver it before making a move on the aa when only a single mech needed to do that :/

Protip: you can see every teammates' current EU collected. Then, it's just maths.
  • Arkhaun likes this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Protip: you can see every teammates' current EU collected. Then, it's just maths.

I also estimate that there's about a 2-minute turnaround time to launch a battleship on average, so subtract around 120 EU from the required total EU to launch and that's what you should plan on having the team gather.

I'm a big fan of only having 1 person on the EU tree at a time so that at least one mech might make it back instead of two getting caught with their pants down. The other pilot who isn't gathering yet should move towards the enemy base a bit and fall back if they see the enemy coming. I yell at every person that steps on the tree with me before I'm done gathering. The protocol of using an EU tree should be like using a toilet - theoretically multiple people can use it simultaneously, but only one person should.

Also, unless my whole team on voice chat or I know the enemy team just got wiped, I only fill up my mech to around 150 EU and head back instead of waiting to be ambushed with 200+.

Then again, I'm saying this in the wrong forum because I don't have access to the console areas, which is where this should actually be said.

Edited by TheButtSatisfier, 14 July 2016 - 12:30 PM.

• coldform, _incitatus, LaurenEmily and 1 other like this

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Welcome to hawken

Edit: on a more serious note, come by the hkts (ts5.gameservers.com:9152) for war wednesday @ 9 pm est(guess what day THAT is on) and your chances of getting a siege (pronounced "see-ay-gay") match with tons of fun on a bun are pretty.... high... (^U^)...

War Wednesday is basically the only place I play Siege.

• Shade__ likes this

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

_incitatus

_incitatus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

I also estimate that there's about a 2-minute turnaround time to launch a battleship on average, so subtract around 120 EU from the required total EU to launch and that's what you should plan on having the team gather.

I'm a big fan of only having 1 person on the EU tree at a time so that at least one mech might make it back instead of two getting caught with their pants down. The other pilot who isn't gathering yet should move towards the enemy base a bit and fall back if they see the enemy coming. I yell at every person that steps on the tree with me before I'm done gathering. The protocol of using an EU tree should be like using a toilet - theoretically multiple people can use it simultaneously, but only one person should.

Also, unless my whole team on voice chat or I know the enemy team just got wiped, I only fill up my mech to around 150 EU and head back instead of waiting to be ambushed with 200+.

Then again, I'm saying this in the wrong forum because I don't have access to the console areas, which is where this should actually be said.

Nothing better than sitting alone on the EU tree at half full when two-three teammates show up and promptly start gathering EU as well...  Especially when all we need is one full a class to launch...

• Charcoal likes this

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

zcSsVge.png

• XPloyt, Guns_N_Rozer, SparkyJJC and 11 others like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

peacecraftSLD

peacecraftSLD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

zcSsVge.png

Got a good laugh from this cause man that is true.

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

zcSsVge.png

Perfect.

BlackWarGreymon

BlackWarGreymon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

It's a good job the devs implemented a training mode for Siege finally, so that new players understand the basics of what to do & why/when.

Oh, wait....

EDIT: also, Hyginos, I hate you, but the gallows humour of that flow chart does make me smile....

Edited by BlackWarGreymon, 14 July 2016 - 05:56 PM.

:devil:

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

EDIT: also, Hyginos, I hate you, but the gallows humour of that flow chart does make me smile....

Haters pls

Hyginos makes people smile, but he also makes people THINK

• coldform, _incitatus, DeeRax and 2 others like this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

Arkhaun

Arkhaun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Siege, indicators of importance:

-remaining eu for bs launches (both teams)

-ships auto-fuel at 1eu/sec with no ships up

-teamates have eu they collected displayed around their name when looked at

-the radio "heads up" on your eu progress and if you are full enough to cash out

did-you-know-your-car-has-a-secret-devic

• Charcoal and DingdongJR like this

SORRY CAPS

170323-R9tPRfBFIQ79.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Noobs, Siege

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users