• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

americanbrit14

americanbrit14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

I'd love to be able to mod that game, what about you ?

What would you change so that the game balance would be better in your opinion ?

Abilities

- Grenadier (~change) :

make its ability change GL to shoot a cluster grenade (bounce but detonate on target) that spawn 5 childs dealing 35dmg each

reduce cooldown to 25s

- Rocketeer (buff) :

remove turret mode, make its special ability lock up to 4 targets, shooting a single (new) hellfire to each target.

each target being locked in 0.6s and reduce hellfire rof to 0.6 for single missile.

Weapons loadout

- Brawler (emphasis on burst weapon, AM-SAR for punching at longer range):

Reflak-35, AM-SAR, Flak

- Bruiser (mid-ranged weaponry, shotgun for shorter range):

AR, Reflak-35, AM-SAR

- CT-Recruit (gameplay change, good training mech) :

primary AR (no alternate), secondary : TOW, alternate Grenade launcher, prestige Hellfire

- Grenadier (no more vulgren, control area) :

EOC repeater, Breacher, Rev-GL

- Incinerator (prestige mini-gun, Re-D0X for support role):

Point-D vulcan, Re-D0X, B3-AR:PPA

With the weapon loadout changes,

i don't really see a reason to get rid of heat gren in place of the breecher,

having multiple secondarys on a mech would be interesting...

Pls don't try to get rid of mah Vulcan-bruiser,

Am-sar seems kinda unnecessary for the brawler, and most people find the SA easier to use.

And you would need to change the properties of the weapons themselves in order for them to suit the incin.

As for the ability changes,

why don't we have more barrage-like abilities such as these?

For example we could give the bruiser (or rocketeer, but i like the bruiser mroe) a missile barrage ability where it fires  around 10-20 low damage mini missiles that lock on and home in on the first enemy mech(s) they find.

Edited by Jason Endrago, 22 September 2015 - 04:04 PM.

VfuS0qE.png?1

contracted by 

??

INDUSTRY

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

With the weapon loadout changes,

i don't really see a reason to get rid of heat gren in place of the breecher,

The purpose of grenadier loadout changes was to have a Mech more dedicated to area control. So Breacher that can pierce through walls seemed a good idea.

having multiple secondarys on a mech would be interesting...

I feel that the CRT should be a practice Mech but shouldn't use too specific weapons, so AR/TOW, AR/GL, AR/HellFires could do the job while not being OP

Pls don't try to get rid of mah Vulcan-bruiser,

Let's discuss, I feel that the vulcan bruiser is one of the weirdest option (long-range secondary, close range high DPS ?). What's the gameplay around that ?

Am-sar seems kinda unnecessary for the brawler, and most people find the SA easier to use.

AM-SAR for the brawler because of the mouse PUNCHing :yes:

And you would need to change the properties of the weapons themselves in order for them to suit the incin.

The changes done to the incin' was an intent to break the PAPA/Charged SAARE, the SAARE heat reduction can be tweeked to match the weapons heat-gen.

As for the ability changes,

why don't we have more barrage-like abilities such as these?

For example we could give the bruiser (or rocketeer, but i like the bruiser mroe) a missile barrage ability where it fires  around 10-20 low damage mini missiles that lock on and home in on the first enemy mech(s) they find.

The rocky ability in my OP is a multiple target shot that deal 3x18.5 dmg to up to 4 targets. I don't get your point ? :sweat:

Edited by MomOw, 22 September 2015 - 08:35 PM.

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

G2 Raider:

fix the bug that makes it show up on radar while blitz walking

add EOC XT: Two EOC Repeaters duct taped together. Pucks do same damage as normal eoc r.

Uncharged 6 pucks

Charged 12 pucks

reload time for 6 pucks is double normal eoc r

charge time for 12 pucks is double normal eoc r

lifetime of pucks is 4s

Do any of you have the balls/ladyballs to play this?

Holo taunts: Do 1 damage when you hit an enemy with one.

Edited by CounterlogicMan, 22 September 2015 - 10:55 PM.

• americanbrit14 likes this

Axe-Attack Check us out! Stream I stream spasmodically.

TPG Hawken Admin.

TPG 3 has concluded! If you are interested in participating in TPG Season 4 gather a group and form a team or try and join an existing team! Stay tuned to the forums for updates on the details of TPG Season 4.

JesusHatesWisc

JesusHatesWisc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

G2 Raider:

fix the bug that makes it show up on radar while blitz walking

add EOC XT: Two EOC Repeaters duct taped together. Pucks do same damage as normal eoc r.

Uncharged 6 pucks

Charged 12 pucks

reload time for 6 pucks is double normal eoc r

charge time for 12 pucks is double normal eoc r

lifetime of pucks is 4s

Do any of you have the balls/ladyballs to play this?

Holo taunts: Do 1 damage when you hit an enemy with one.

Make taunts do 25 damage.  Better balance.

lwY3QRd.jpg

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

I don't like removing Heat from the Scout, imo it's very, very different to play than Heat Infil and it's nice to have an A class that can actually suppress from behind teammates other than the Reaper. The playstyle it brings is unique enough to differentiate it from regular Scout and/or Heat Infil.

edit; eh, realized I already commented about this in this very thread when it was first made. #savetheheat

Edited by neon, 23 September 2015 - 01:24 PM.

• MomOw likes this

t

t

DWEH3ZP.png   CRITICAL  RqKpxHn.png    ASSIST   VDNrFxD.png

t

t

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

I've been trying EOC repeater these days, it definitely needs something.

I think that an uncharged reload time of 1s (so 2.5s for charged), a mine dmg buff (20 per mine ?) and a mine lifetime reduction (5s, less ?) could make it a decent "shotgun"

Edited by MomOw, 29 September 2015 - 09:29 PM.

• dacrazyhorse likes this

IRZUTYo.png

Spoiler

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Let's discuss, I feel that the vulcan bruiser is one of the weirdest option (long-range secondary, close range high DPS ?). What's the gameplay around that ?

I typically use the hellfire at med ranges or long if no snipers are present, and the vulcan as they close, though its a good bit to surprise facehug someone with a volley of helfires and the ability, as most will reflexively fire their secondary, so they take a huge amount of damage that the ability blocks, then finish with vulcan

• MomOw likes this

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

i would also love a hawkins instead of the AR on bruiser.

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

In you opinion, which actual loadouts have to be changed ?

(the incinerator being an issue by himself) my opinion is that there are too many vulcan C-class.

The brawler should not have the vulcan, once upon a time I found it is easier to use rather than flak as a new players but doesn't fit to the brawler very well.

The grenadier with a vulcan is actually above average, and I do feel that it's a mismatch in the gren purpose.

Edited by MomOw, 05 October 2015 - 09:23 PM.

IRZUTYo.png

Spoiler

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

(the incinerator being an issue by himself) my opinion is that there are too many vulcan C-class.

i think the reasoning behind this is the Vulcan is a close range shredder, and the general strategy of a c class is to be the meat of the team, in the thick of it tear the enemy apart and taking hits, and the Vulcan is one weapon that does that very well, in addition, it gives the brawler and gren some close range sustain.

-M1lkshake

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

The brawler could use a reflak for some burstain power and the gren could deal with close to no sustained but a burst weapon.

Edited by MomOw, 06 October 2015 - 11:02 AM.

IRZUTYo.png

Spoiler

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

The brawler could use a reflak for some burstain power and the gren could deal with close to no sustained but a burst weapon.

i feel like the reflak could be interesting to try on a brawler, wonder how the heat would be with the tow, as for the gren, it has the heat for burst, its a mean fuzzy bunny when the ability is on.

-M1lkshake

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

I've been trying EOC repeater these days, it definitely needs something.

I think that an uncharged reload time of 1s (so 2.5s for charged), a mine dmg buff (20 per mine ?) and a mine lifetime reduction (5s, less ?) could make it a decent "shotgun"

reducing reload time would lead to a DPS of 78 for the EOC uncharged and 62 for the EOC charged. Maybe it's a bit high for the charged EOC but it's still less than the breacher uncharged (which is the second highest burst, lower range but hitscan).

Edited by MomOw, 06 October 2015 - 09:12 PM.

IRZUTYo.png

Spoiler

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
Why not give the brawler the t32 instead of the Vulcan?

Spoiler

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Why not give the brawler the t32 instead of the Vulcan?

Because it has a Flak cannon.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

Quite true, it seems hard to find weapons that has different gameplay. T32 has a charged mode, but as brawler walk speed is really slow it would not be that good, and maybe feel too close to the G2R.

:confused:

IRZUTYo.png

Spoiler

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

AM SAR suggestions ? the actual is 30 dmg per shot and a rof of 3, which lead to ~90 DPS

It's in the middle of the RPR and the SA in terms of damages per shot, range and DPS.

I really feels it lacks something, the semi auto mode doesn't add that much of gameplay.

would you rather have more burst / less DPS, or less burst / more DPS (and more mouse stomping) ?

i.e. : 45 dmg per shot, a rof of 1.33, 60 DPS, or 24 dmg per shot, a rof of 5 and 105 DPS ?

IRZUTYo.png

Spoiler

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

AM SAR suggestions ? the actual is 30 dmg per shot and a rof of 3, which lead to ~90 DPS

It's in the middle of the RPR and the SA in terms of damages per shot, range and DPS.

I really feels it lacks something, the semi auto mode doesn't add that much of gameplay.

would you rather have more burst / less DPS, or less burst / more DPS (and more mouse stomping) ?

i.e. : 45 dmg per shot, a rof of 1.33, 60 DPS, or 24 dmg per shot, a rof of 5 and 105 DPS ?

To be honest i feel it really lacks something to make it significant, the sustain and burst weapons on the mechs its on outclass it for whatever the amsar is supposed to do, that and the smoke it makes is horrible on the scope, i dont know what it could be replaced with but its just not that good generally.

-M1lkshake

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users