Photo

Show number of kills and more for end of match stats for each player.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Killtek

Killtek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

I think it's time to show the kill count for players at the end of matches.   Kill counts, damage given/taken, and repair value for techs.  

Also, would be nice to show user's MMR on the same screen.

opicr0n

opicr0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Would it cause additional griefing? If an player performs bad and dies often without any kill, the friendly team might start calling the player out?

If an player isnt performing well it is obvious without those stats also. But this might make it more obious for everybody ;).

Yes, im for it..

Edited by opicr0n, 22 March 2015 - 07:44 AM.

• LaurenEmily likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Zdragow

Zdragow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

I personally don't agree with this, but there's a few pros about these.

The only ones I could justify having would be damage given/taken and repair value for techs. The rest would simply be there to inflate one's e-peen, which can be bad.

Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

They actually did show all players' K/D before the Ascension patch, but it was removed because it wasn't really what they wanted the players to care about. For example, players were getting pissed when someone "stole their kill", when that hardly matters. When you're focused on K/D you're less of a team player.

EDIT: I know you can still see your own K/D but removing it from other players lets you know what's really important.

Edited by Silk_Sk, 22 March 2015 - 07:47 AM.

• AxionOperandi and DieselCat like this

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

I'm all for e-peen inflation. Lol. On a more serious note, I'm a stat junkie so I'd love to see it.

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Yes.  More stats.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

K/D is really only useful for TDM and DM. I don't want even more people to start worrying about epeen during an objective match, keep it out of MA and Siege. Damage Taken/Given gives more information then whichever hitscan sustain user got the last bullet.

Edited by Sylhiri, 22 March 2015 - 07:53 AM.

• Meraple likes this

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts
How about an opt out system? If people want to show off, let them, but personally I don't want my stats shown to the rest of the match. And honestly I don't support the display of KDA, damage done/healed. There's no point other than ego stroking. If you want to brag about it, type it in chat.

And I don't like MMR shown publicly in game. Puts the focus then on maintaining a number, people will move to protect their epeen rather than playing the game. If you want to obsess over your MMR, have a browser open from the Hawken Herokuapp with your user profile and a mech renamed PublicMMR and track it match to match.

I feel it overall doesn't promote a friendly environment because it gives people more ammunition to bash other players.

Edited by Silverfire, 22 March 2015 - 08:00 AM.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Erzunterweltler

Erzunterweltler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

I would actually support this idea because somehow I've met many feeders / rambos the last few days, which just jump right into combat against 3 or more people, of course they are dealing damage, what TDM is all about, but when no teammate is there to finish the kills, then it is nothing more than useless. Half of the times they are ramboing without a teammate, they get accepable scores though because the team finishes a few of the kills. They fed the whole match and at the end of it they blame the team for the loss because the other teammates have got a lower score.

Showing more stats would get these kind of people back on the ground.

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

100% supporting this. Every shooter has this, but ofcourse Hawken is an excuse. Why? Because some players "might feel guilty if they play BAD EVERY SINGLE F**K*NG TIME #*+!?()( wadhasfdasgf"

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I'm all for e-peen inflation. Lol. On a more serious note, I'm a stat junkie so I'd love to see it.

This is precisely why I don't want it. Some people get so fuzzy bunnyng focused on kills during MA and Siege they lose the game for their team. And then afterwards be all like "LOOK AT THE SCORE, fuzzy bunny."

Everyone can see their own stats and the top stats. Anything more is just going to lead to more bickering and conflict. 

• Erzunterweltler and LaurenEmily like this

MaNia_C

MaNia_C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

i personally would like to see the full stats...

..after the match.

During play i believe that it would be more productive to only see the team comp, and team stats..nothing individual, not even ones own score. I believe it to be a distraction for some players and it dissolves the team tendencies. After a match we can have all the stats we want :)

• Erzunterweltler likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

AxionOperandi

AxionOperandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

They actually did show all players' K/D before the Ascension patch, but it was removed because it wasn't really what they wanted the players to care about. For example, players were getting pissed when someone "stole their kill", when that hardly matters. When you're focused on K/D you're less of a team player.

EDIT: I know you can still see your own K/D but removing it from other players lets you know what's really important.

Bad idea exactly for this reason.

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

The reason they removed it was to encourage team play without looking for a scapegoat. First I missed it as well but you can easily tell how useful is a player by looking at the score.

• DieselCat likes this

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

predators gonna predate

Erzunterweltler

Erzunterweltler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

This is precisely why I don't want it. Some people get so fuzzy bunnyng focused on kills during MA and Siege they lose the game for their team. And then afterwards be all like "LOOK AT THE SCORE, fuzzy bunny."

Everyone can see their own stats and the top stats. Anything more is just going to lead to more bickering and conflict. 

Agreed, for MA and Siege I would also prefer to let it be as it is now. However, for TDM I think it would be quite interesting.

i personally would like to see the full stats...

..after the match.

During play i believe that it would be more productive to only see the team comp, and team stats..nothing individual, not even ones own score. I believe it to be a distraction for some players and it dissolves the team tendencies. After a match we can have all the stats we want :)

Agreed, but I think it was never supposed to be shown during the fight, that would just be destructive.

The reason they removed it was to encourage team play without looking for a scapegoat. First I missed it as well but you can easily tell how useful is a player by looking at the score.

Generally yes, but many rambos are out there getting acceptable scores but feeding like hell.

AxionOperandi

AxionOperandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Perhaps it coudl be hidden behind a "more stats tab" or something?  That way people that want it can see it but it wouldn't be the focus of the match and if you have a rough match it wouldn't be rubbed in your face (as much).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users