12 replies to this topic

SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Greetings Pilots!

Basically, I just wanted to put together a short and sweet suggestion/discussion/question box where folks could discuss changes to the game they'd like to see. For example, I would like to a replacement/rework of the Tech's prestige. I feel like the Breacher would be a great substitute for the nail gun we have now. Also, I think the Reaper needs an overall buff. And Hellfires too, actually. What about you? What say you about what I want? What do you want?

cUB1aCW.jpg?2

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
I'd personally like to see the Tech Prestige given a good accuracy and put on another mech. (I absolutely loved it on Reaper with the ability on)
Although maybe it could use a bit more dps, idk.
It just felt like a fairly unique weapon with that accuracy boost.

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

I'd personally like to see the Tech Prestige given a good accuracy and put on another mech. (I absolutely loved it on Reaper with the ability on)
Although maybe it could use a bit more dps, idk.
It just felt like a fairly unique weapon with that accuracy boost.

Hmmm, what if the two prestige weapons were switched?  Reaper having the nail gun and Tech having the slug?  The slug doesn't do that much damage, but it also fills the support role of the Tech.  I think it could work.

• Odinous likes this

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Make the Raider's prestige weapon the Breacher instead of the EOC R. I think it fits the Raider's style more, and I got to try it out once with that occasional weapons glitch that happens, and FUN WAS HAD (If only for a short while).
  • Differentiate the CRT from the Assault, somehow, since new folks start with the Assault now; Give the CRT the Hawkins-RPR or something weird like that.

There's my 2 cents.

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Hmmm, what if the two prestige weapons were switched?  Reaper having the nail gun and Tech having the slug?  The slug doesn't do that much damage, but it also fills the support role of the Tech.  I think it could work.

I'd like that, except the Reaper wouldn't have any burst Primary anymore.
My other bet would be the AM-SAR, but that may get a bit awkward with the Reaper starting with the PN.
Ofcourse the weapon order could be switched, but I've no idea how easy or hard that would be for the Devs.

Otherwise - 100% of my yes.
  • Hijinks_The_Turtle likes this

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

I'd like that, except the Reaper wouldn't have any burst Primary anymore.
My other bet would be the AM-SAR, but that may get a bit awkward with the Reaper starting with the PN.
Ofcourse the weapon order could be switched, but I've no idea how easy or hard that would be for the Devs.

Otherwise - 100% of my yes.

True, considering how the coding was done... I just wish the old devs didn't take shortcuts in coding like that where changing one weapon would affect the other.  The fact they couldn't adjust the values on the flak cannon for either the scout or brawler mech says something.

Anyway, I want dynamic environments.  I think it creates an interesting playing field.

ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

can there be special servers for people who have little to no skill? so we don't have to go up against those people who curb stomp my head into the ground and make my depression worse then it is?

• DeeRax likes this

*SCREECHING* 

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

• Make the Raider's prestige weapon the Breacher instead of the EOC R. I think it fits the Raider's style more, and I got to try it out once with that occasional weapons glitch that happens, and FUN WAS HAD (If only for a short while).

Breacher on a Raider would be broken as hell. You don't want to give a hitscan sniping tool to a mech that can control distance the best out of its class along with having the best CQC burst damage. At the moment the only thing that is keeping Raider in check is its relative ineffectiveness outside of close quarters.

• Odinous, LaurenEmily and DeeRax like this

Blaz0re

Blaz0re

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

The G2 Raider's ability speedboost is interrupted while flying and falling. Of course it makes sense to not be superfast flying around, but it's pretty annoying if you rush around and fall down just a slight step. It will kill your speed immediately and you have to accellerate again which leaves you vulnerable for a short amount of time. 
I'd suggest that you keep your speed while falling for a short time, maybe 0.75-1 sec, and only if you fall longer your speed will be killed, so you can't glide long ranges, on Origin for example.

Oh and I'd love an auto-launch button (for respawning), so you are launched immediately into the game after the timer went down instead of clicking the button 20 times per second because you wnt to get back immediately and help your team :D

Edited by Blaz0re, 16 May 2015 - 05:27 AM.

• LaurenEmily and DeeRax like this

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
Mini Nukes. We need to make Ropefish happy.
  • Kopra likes this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Make the Raider's prestige weapon the Breacher instead of the EOC R. I think it fits the Raider's style more, and I got to try it out once with that occasional weapons glitch that happens, and FUN WAS HAD (If only for a short while).

No. Breacher = Predator, Predator = Breacher. They complement each other so well and it's more unique that way.

At the moment the only thing that is keeping Raider in check is its relative ineffectiveness outside of close quarters.

B b but What's keeping you in check ? Or your raider to be specific.. ? :c

Edited by (KDR) LaurenEmily, 16 May 2015 - 11:53 AM.

• DeeRax likes this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Breacher on a Raider would be broken as hell. You don't want to give a hitscan sniping tool to a mech that can control distance the best out of its class along with having the best CQC burst damage. At the moment the only thing that is keeping Raider in check is its relative ineffectiveness outside of close quarters.

True, true, true.

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

Bergwein

Bergwein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Listen to Kopra. Just do.

• DeeRax likes this