Photo

My Suggestions to Better Improve Hawken Update (New Items/ Improvements, NEW MECH)

- - - - - hawken ideas suggestions improvement community

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Amish_Kommander

Amish_Kommander

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

NEW UPDATES will be placed after my last idea!!!

My additions to Hawken.

Item (improvement): Turret Placement

I dont see much of the turrets being used as much in the higher mmr games. I dont know why but i dont. Now if the turrets were able to be shot, kind of like the shield, and grapple on to walls and/ or ceilings then im sure it would make the game more strategic based and intensify every players experience. You wouldnt have to worry about focusing your fire on a player and then run over a turret and kill it instantly. That is why i dont use turrets. They are useful, yes, but theyre also too easy to kill with a ToW and a couple primary hits or a simple run over. Now if there were turrets being placed on walls or ceilings, it would make matches much more interesting. You could be trying to collect some EU on Origin and set up some turrets along side the walls/ pillars or ceilings to provide you legit cover fire while executing the objective. The enemy would have to cover himself from the turret fire or focus it.

-------------------------------------------

New Item: EMP Trip Wire

Similar to a trip mine where theres a string running from the mine and placed in the ground, this would be an EMP version of that. Only thing diff about this is that it is triggered by 1 player. But, it can be a 2 person hit if they happen to cross the trip wire at the exact same time. its a single short circuit item that can be set up when trying to run away. Run away with low hp and then have the enemy trigger it, turn back around and try to finish him off. Its a possible strategy that i can see players utilizing.

------------------------------------------

New Internals: ...

Theres multiple internals that i have in mind some with similarities while others more diff than the next. Reduced duration on EMP shortages, overheat, disruptors, etc.. Increased dmg by a certain % while standing or maintaining a certain speed. Reduced fuel usage when boosting or hovering. Reduced time that you stay on radar after shooting, boosting, strafing or hovering. (for those who perfer the stealth aspect of the game)

New Item: Mine Field/ Mine Drop

Your mech drops between 5-10 mines on the field leaving those pesky chasers a surprise smack before being obliterated... hehe. The mines can either be dropped all at once or you get 1-3 packs containing 5-10 mines in each pack that allows you to drop them one by one until all mines in that pack have been dropped or within 30s of dropping the first mine.

New Internal: Item Detector

Its easy to spot a scrambler on the radar by looking for the dot that doesnt move, but what about the scanner? This internal would give off a sonar wave on your radar that pings from its location. So while wandering about the battlefield, if you see a ping it doesnt tell you, "hey, theres an enemy scanner here." ; instead; it says' theres an enemy item that is deployed in this area." (not literally) So you yourself have to take caution if you attempt to destroy that item. It can be a radar, or turret, and if its a radar it can already be too late. With MK-1 having a wide ping and MK-3 having an almost precise ping of its location. And yes this internal could be used against future items still to come, so this internal can prove to be viable.

(Unique) Mech Specializations

It seems like the 'armor' of mechs does nothing other than determining how much health you have although i have not sat down to legitimately test it myself. I believe that a grenade to a Brawler will do the same amount of dmg on impact to a Bruiser and Scout. The only way a class C mech can become 'tanky' is with either orbs or a tech as well as turret mode. With that being said i would like to talk about mech specializations.

The mech specializations would distinguish a Brawler from being 'tanky' and 'pack a punch'.

Note: I am only using the Brawler as an example.

Giving the mech a unique passive such as reduced dmg delivered/ received will greatly improve this game in the sense that no one single person can be dominating with X amount of defense while still having X+ amount of offense. (the + being help from his/ her team) It would make that Brawler, not so much stick to the role of being a tank and being the one who absorbs the dmg while his/ her team deals the dmg, but instead have the defensive advantage when in any sort of combat.

This will give players their own playstyle of every mech. You wont have to stick to a quick scout or a distant sniper using slugs.

Of course this wouldnt leave the players' team to dominate the game because while any one single team has the dmg spec, the other can have a combination, amongst the specs, giving more advantages in the duration of the match instead of just raw dmg. And this does not mean that youre only able to play as a tanky Brawler throughout the match. For the mech specializations youll be able to select the one you want before going in game. The specializations would be similar to that of a loadout. For your tank spec you can have your mech set up with tank internals/ items and for a dps spec youd have your dps set, so on and so forth.

Note: There arent just dps and tank specs in mind, there can be one for mech ground mobility, air mobility, survival, stealth, and possibly others which i cant think of right now.

The specializations would include their own set of bonus attributes. These stats are a close shot as to what can be possible, i havent thought out the exact numbers so im just giving low or unspecified values... im too lazy on that part.

Tank would give a set, or %, increase to its health to give it that even 'beefier' feel to play as, or against a tank. Overall reduced dmg taken by 15% whether its by enemy or self struck. Increased healing received by 25%.

Ground Mobility would give increased boost spd, movement spd, 'slight' reduction to strafing CD (A's would be pretty stupid but maybe with all the other specs it can be smoothed out). Increase to fuel reserves OR reduced fuel consumption.

Air Mobility would get an increase to movement spd while in mid-air. Increased fuel reserves for longer field scouting. Reduced fuel consumption while in mid-air.

Stealth can get an increase to radar range, reduced time shown on enemy radar, and a slight inc to movement spd while out of combat for 10s.

Damage would give an increase to weapon dmg by, maybe, 5%. Reduced heat generation by 10%. And a quick movement spd burst 'only' after getting a 'kill'.

Survival would give a buff when out of combat for X seconds that will regenerate your hp by 1% and increasing by 1% every 2 seconds up to a max of 5 stacks. Increase to movement spd while below 50% and 25% hp (does not stack with internals). Reduced dmg taken by 5-10% while at, or below, 35% hp.

----------------------------------------

Free-Style Visual Customization:

Ive thought about this for quite a while. Basically there will be no new additions to the list of camos that are already out; instead, it will change the way we distinguish ourselves from one another. When playing Hawken i like to mix and match camos just for the hell of it and sometimes i get some pretty sick ones. With this addition to Hawken, youd be able to select the camo you want, grab a paintbrush, and get crazy and paint 'your' mech the way you want to. Of course this seems like a bit much i know. But for starters youd only be able to ise single pattern paint. And in the future who knows, maybe wes be able to select both individual colors and patterns and really get down. Also when using this feature your mech would be at its default skin to provide that blank sheet. Id make my predator look like a killer clown with a big red nose and colorful hair at the top and polka dot arms and legs. hehe killer klown

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres a big plus to those sneaky lil basturds out there.

Item (NEW): EMP Proximity/ Timed Mine

EMPs are always nice but what if you had other ways of utilizing the effects of the EMP? This Proximity/ Timed Mine idea can play handsomly in defensive situations. Imagine defending a missle silo. Youre side by with your team mate rdy for the wave of enemies heading your way. Lucky you, you were smart. You set down a few EMP Mines around the silo and are rdy for battle. As soon as the enemies dash in they trigger your mines, turning the tide of battle in your favor. By the time the enemies get in theyd already be a bit low on fuel, so if they tried running, youd be that much more closer to them. But dont think theyd get in and out, theyll be hurting from you as well as your handy dandy team mate! Thus ending the story with your team capturing the silo. Yay!

Another thing i would like to talk about is the difference between the two mines i talked a bit about. The proximity mine would have a set range in which it is triggered while the timed mine would go off after 5 seconds of placing. A second strategic option available for those moments when the enemy team is about to go HAM on your teams mechanical asses. ;D

The proximity mines wouldnt be trigger instantly. Once the P mine is set, it takes time to drill into the surface and then charge up. Id say maybe 5 seconds for MK-1 and 3 seconds for MK-3 before its rdy for duty. 

The timed mines would increase in AoE radius as you purchase the upgraded version(s) for the reason that if you want a forsure hit on the enemies when it does go off; then, youll want to get MK-3. Of course its all preference.

The mines would also be able to be shot and stuck to walls or even on ceilings in those CQC situations. Them being able to stick to walls would make even more intense fights, place them on those sharp corners and sit a few feet away in your predator just waiting for your target to fall right into your trap. But the distance itd be able to travel would prob be half, if not less, cuz ive shot the shield a good distance and that but with an EMP would not be cool.

Also the mines would be visible enough to avoid. They would give off a feint green glow which can be shown against nearby walls and for the timed mine there would be ticking sounds indicating that the mine is nearing detonation. Id assume it would be best if the sound of the ticking become a bit more intense as the mine gets rdy to set off. Destruction of the mines would help but would also make these items useless. So the mines would have a set amount of health, the proximity having more since its stationary and can be avoided while the timed gets less health since it only lasts 5 seconds.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Repair Drones Bonus Affects:

Now at first thought it may seem a bit confusing. How would bonus affects from the repair drones be beneficial without being OP? One RD can give you a larger quantity of health at a slower healing rate while another gives you a dmg absorption shield for X amount of dmg for X seconds. A third one i had in mind is similar to the first but in reverse; instead of having a larger burst, youd get smaller amounts of health but at a slightly faster rate. So now the RDs wont be just for visuals, theyre a helpful companion on the battlefield. :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thruster Affects:

I have a similar idea but now for the thrusters. Based on the visuals on some i can think of a few affects that can be possible but with time. The larger thrusters can give a more powerful thrust when you boost (can only happen once every X seconds) and with less fuel usage while the smaller ones dont reduce your speed when boosting and turning. Example: When you boost and you try to change direction without stopping youll start to slow down. The smaller thrusters would greatly reduce the slow effect one receives when doing so. But not too crazy where theyre stupid fast in a scout. :/

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Bringing back those 'talent points'.

Those points youd get for lvling up your mech honestly was pretty cool, imo. I feel that they should be brought back with the idea, that i have a lot, of making your mech 'your' mech.

Right now Hawken is an FPMS. The closest game i can compare it to would be CoD. Hawken has been out for a few years now and when it came out it was simple. You have your mechs that are designed to tame more dmg than others and others vice versa. CoD 1 and 2, if i remember correctly, had no online multiplayer. But then MW came in and what was the big thing? Customization. You can have a shotgun that focuses on cqc or one that can take out enemies at mid-long ranges. There were kill streaks that were beneficial in one way or another. Back then, yes, it was awesome calling in an air strike or care packages. Now your character can have a hat/ beanie. Sunglasses, shoulder/ kneepads. You can change your boots and gloves. Thats why their games become 8/10, 9/10 on those game reviews. You gotta feed the consumer with what they want. More additions to change the way a game feels based on player reviews whom have put in countless hours that really know what should/ could change that will improve that specific game. Note: I am not saying that i am to be important and listened to because i am right and know forsure that my ideas are the best, no. I just want this game to be super friggin-awesome-tastic with ways that i would like to see, im a mere player that wants to feed myself with all the excitement that i already get from playing the game. And if i can have input in ways that would improve strategy as well as experience for others, then that to me is orgasmic, not really but i hope you guys get the idea that i want others to have as much fun, if not more, than me.

Going back to what i was saying about the 'talent points' and what not. Given the chance to make your mech more viable in whatever way you feel fits your mech with your playstle would greatly improve both existing and new players. You wouldnt have to stick to a mech that has 'this' much health and spd, or this 'other' mech that has a set amount of fuel or radar range. Customization is key to success for certain types of games and to have your own crazy ass mech that is so much more diff than others in a match would be pretty cool. Think about all the mechs that are available. A Scouts primary 'aspect' is its speed which consists of fuel, base movement spd, and its special ability. What if you were able to be a Scout that focused more of its 'unique' stats on even more fuel or lower CD on strafing? When ADH took away the talents they took away a players feel for a mech. Giving them only a mech that has X health, spd, radar range, etc..

---------------------------------------------------------------

Item (NEW): AA (Anti-Air) turret

This i know forsure will be a great addition to Hawken. This is a defensive item that blocks incoming explosives such as grenades, ToW, H.E. Charge, etc.. This item will prove to be helpful in defensive situations such as Siege or Missile Assault game modes.

The AA will work off a timer that refreshes every 5 seconds.  I say it refreshes 'every' 5 seconds because in most games, esp the higher mmr ones, there are really really, really intense moments and this item can play a part in those moments if everything falls into place at the right moment.

With the refresh timer there is a chance that will be given. If the AA timer refreshes after every 5 seconds, then youd be able to get 2 explosive blocks all within a matter of 9 seconds. Your AA can be triggered at the first 4 second mark, then get refreshed at the 5th second to block another incoming explosive. This balances the item because leaving an open window of 5 seconds may not seem like a lot to some people, but A LOT can happen in 5 seconds. So if your AA blocks a grenade heading right for you, it can still block the incoming ToW that had been shot 2 seconds later (given the AA was at the 4 second mark when it destroyed the grenade).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Custom Games:

Custom games would bring more varieties to Hawken by giving the 'Lobby Leader' full control of what is used/ played throughout the match. 

Options available are as followed: No Radar, Team Name Plates Removed, No Special Abilities, No Items, No Internals, No 'Specific Weapon' (does not apply to secondary), No HUD (Hardcore), so on and so forth.

This addition would be most beneficial to the 'competitive' aspect of Hawken.

----------------------------------------------------------

More Experience:

There are two parts to this suggestion. The first part would be gaining more experience from kills/ objectives even if you werent in physical contact with them. The only ways right now for getting assists are through dmg factors or healing (tech).  (not sure if orbs give assists)

What if youre about to have a full on team vs team battle and you launch your EMP, destroy the shields along with a few enemies, but then get obliterated from behind? There will be forsure kills on those who were hit by the EMP but you didnt get any dmg off so you get 0 score/ exp. That sucks right? We should be given at least some credit for cutting the enemies computer systems while our team wrecks havic, no?

Dont think that this would only apply to EMPs. There can be distruptor assists and, possibly, hologram assists. Of course the hologram assist wouldnt give you an assist point added to the scoreboard, it would only give the EXP. (In time there will be more ways of getting assists but these are examples for now)

Now for the second part i will be talking about increasing the exp requirements for lvling up both profile and mechs because with this suggestion, exp will be reeling in fast... maybe not too fast but more than usual.

Again im too lazy to do the math, but the % i had in mind would possibly be close, but under, 50%. If you would like to figure out for yourself go ahead and do the math and correct me so that i may edit it in.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Item (NEW): Grappeling Hook

This item would be beneficial to both new and existing players for the following reasons: practice and strategy.

For the new(er) players. ive noticed they dont utilize their strafing to its fullest potential. The Grappeling Hook would be a practice item, shooting out a grappeling hook in the direction theyre heading (only left and right sides) that grappels either a wall or the ground, if it goes its full length, and pulls the player to its location.

For the existing players it can be used in combination with strafing to dance around your enemies while either attacking or if youve overheated.

And yes every item has its limit but for the MK models im thinking maybe give an additional +1. More action.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Weapons (Imp):

Weapons serve multiple purposes but the only one we really think about is the dmg. We just want this gun to fight at 'this' distance cuz its a style we know how to play.

Vulcan: shreds up close and has good spray when shooting at those trying to get away.

SMG: good close-mid range combat, but does more dmg than Vulcan at longer ranges.

AR: great mid-long range dmg but the precision of your shots needs to be almost on point to get its full effect.

The idea i had in mind is bullets for the weapons. Implementing bullets into this game is going to take a lot id assume, (not a code guy) but i would assume that there would be a bunch of codes for the max limit vs 0 and also other types/ effects. But i dont think there should be a limit to the bullets. You simply purchase it in the store and when you select your weapon, theres a side panel that allows you to choose the ammo type you want to use.

Not all weapons can use the same ammo type though.

Youd be able to put the tracker shots into machine gun weapons while the grenades would get an oil coating that burns your target for X dmg over 3-5 seconds. ToWs would get a slight homing effect almost similar to the Rocketeers primary. Only thing diff about the two would be the ToWs homing device would almost similar to the effects of taking a screenshot of your screen when you launch it. Which then highlights those on the screen at that moment and putting a lock on feature 'IF' one of those targets move within a certain radius of the ToWs current flight route.

The Grenade Launcher, like i meantioned, would have a coat of oil. When the grenade explodes it will shoot oil around it, leaving burning oil in its AoE radius. Enemies, or yourself, who walk in the oil get a burning debuff that lasts 3s. Direct hit with the grenade will give the same debuff but for 5 seconds.

Flak Cannons can give a reduction in armor debuff (inc dmg taken). But it can only stack twice for the reason that Flaks are spread shots and can be even more effective at longer ranges giving your team support in reducing the enemies defenses.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW

(ITEMS)

New Item: Repair Turret

Orbs we see are used quite often be it from a Scout that just likes to run and hide, drop his orb and come back, a Tech taking cover behind a C or on an Assault in combat. But what if we were to have a turret that heals? How beneficial would it be to have that repair spot that we can retreat to after being bombarded by the enemy? Note: Having some sort of healing that isnt through another player neither an Orb that has its base healing with only a limited amount seems OP ya i know but lets talk about how this item can NOT be OP. The turret is a turret. It doesnt have feet neither wheels or thrusters so it cant go anywhere. It is stationary. Meaning that the enemy can invade the surrounding area and take it out. The turrets only functions is to heal. Although it cant heal itself it can still receive healing from a Tech. The turret would have a set amount of healing that it can put out before having to recharge. Im thinking a good 2-3k hp that it can heal before going on a 30s recharge time. So it can prove to be beneficial in being able to support your team while making itself quite useless in its recharge state. Im not sure whether itd be better to have it set that way to where it can stay at 100 health left to give out before the recharge kicks in or once it hits below the 500 mark then itd go on an early recharge to make it not seem so useless in that sort of situation. Of course there can be slight improvements to MK-1 and the other two upgraded versions being either inc Health storage or lower recharge time.

Fix: Wall Item

The wall is beneficial in the sense that it can block both the mechs and bullets and/ or ToWs/ Items that attempt to go through. But thats it? I mean granted its a wall. And a wall is something that blocks something or someone from passing through but what if the wall can prove to be useful in another way?

My thought for an improvement to the wall is instead of shooting out a lil pad that in turn creates a wall once it hits the ground, to be able to engrave the lining of where you want to the wall to be and it rising or sliding out of the engravement, if placed on a wall or ceiling. The idea i have is instead of shooting something out you have an engraving tool with a decent range to engrave a chemical into the ground or wall and have the wall appear shortly after placement. So instead of seeing that wall on the ground you can place them along the outskirts of structures to prevent enemies from trying to flank from the sides. In example: On Origin where you have the bridge and the lil gaps that can be crossed to get to the side of the opposing teams 'side' you can place your engravement right there that stops them from being able to cross that path. 

But it doesnt necessarily have to be used for defensive purposes. You can also place the engravement to create steps to get up the sides of structures and flank. So theres a strategic outlook for this item both offensive and defensively.

New Item: Stealth Wall

Similar to the wall where it blocks objects and projectiles. This item would block sight from mechs. In the sense of it being able to hide the mechs that are on the back side of this item. So when youre on Prosk and you try to cross the street but down the road theres a pesky SS that wont let you through you can simply drop this item in his/ her LoS and walk through unnoticed. Although this item doesnt block objects neither projectiles like its cousin. So if the SS shoots through thinking youre right there he/ she can still kill you.

It can also be used to hide yourself in a corner while repairing.

New Item: Portal (Enter/ End)

Now of course this item seems super duper OP at first, but in all actually it CAN be and it can also be a BAD item.

Theres two forms to this item and Start and End. Them being separate items in themselves. Similar to the teleport in TF2 where you have one side that is used to Enter the portal through and the other End where you come out of.

So you can drop the Enter Portal at any location and it can be used to teleport yourself to any location that the End is, granted its both FACING and within RANGE of the Enter Portal.

Let me explain. The End Portal can only be placed if youre within its set range and only if youre facing the direction of any Enter Portal. So you cant drop an Enter Portal and run across the map and drop the End Portal. there has to be a set destination to where you end up when you enter and end up. The MKs will have increased range as you upgrade it OR reduced time before anyone else can enter. The portals will be open to both sides of teams given that the portal is fully functional at the time of entrance.

This item can be used with both MK-1s just to have that short wall jump to the other side and it can also be used to change altitudes but has to be placed within range.

New Mech: Protector (Support) WIP and no stats have been given yet*

This mech will be a Class C to match its name. The overall idea of this mech is to 'Protect' your team... duhh... and will still be able to be used offensively although that is not its strong point.

Weapons Include:

Primary: Absorber

This weapon functions as a TEAM support function being it provides its allies with a temporary shield, up to X amount of dmg absorbed, and transfers SOME of the dmg absorbed to yourself giving you a shield as well. Again the shield absorbs X amount of dmg and, only for allies, the shield lasts 5s afterwards OR starts to decay 5s after the connection with the ally has be lost. You yourself are only given the shield while connected and instantly drops when you lose that connection.

Secondary: Dissipator (Two Functions)

Primary Function --- This weapon functions as YOUR support function as, similar mechanics to the Incinerator, it gathers what dmg youve absorbed over the passed 10-15s and shoots an orb out that when it comes in contact with an enemy it applies a debuff to them so that whenever THEY take dmg YOU are granted a dmg shield for a % of the dmg they take while they have the debuff. Debuff and shield gained last for 8s.

Secondary Function --- Shoot elastic orbs of goo that sticks to surfaces and slows/ damages enemies that walk over it. After an enemy comes in contact with the goo they leave a trail of gooey footprints behind for 2s.

Special Ability: Emitter

This ability has a set based amount, with amounts increasing as you generate absorbed dmg over X seconds prior to using this ability, that when used it 'emits' an electrical wave that grants an AoE shield to surrounding allies for 5s. The ability would be set to a 45s CD being that its an AoE effect but only lasts for 5s and although that might not seem like a suitable amount of time for either the CD nor the duration, it CAN be amplified to a great extent in the most stressful situations.

New Item: Attractor

This item is an absorber (ya too much absorbing goin on here) of just bullets. When shot, this item emits waves from the sphere that attracts any bullets that attempt to pass through its AoE and sucks them in. That is all. It doesnt then explode shrapnel of bullets to dmg enemies.

I got the idea from Bioshock Infinites' Return To Sender Vigor without the blast after effect.

Other Primaries for the Protector may include a Vulcan 

So ya this is what ive got so far and i hope to share more soon!

Id imagine that it will take time in order for all this to be effective but its a thought process and although progress with Hawken may be a bit slow right now, i believe everything will come together soon.

These are just my suggestions to help better Hawken in any way possible. I do not expect anything to go as planned so please no stupid responses that just try to demoralize. And i will be adding to this thread in more ways i believe will help better Hawken for the future.

- Amish_Kommander

Edited by Amish_Kommander, 26 June 2016 - 06:13 PM.

• Nept likes this

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Drink

• coldform, crockrocket, Guns_N_Rozer and 8 others like this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

hammer_PNG3886.png

• coldform likes this

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

NEW UPDATES will be placed after my last idea!!!

--SNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP--

These are just my suggestions to help better Hawken in any way possible. I do not expect anything to go as planned so please no stupid responses that just try to demoralize

Drink

--a pic of a hammer that is way too big--

My liver has been reduced to gelatinous goo. thank you. I hope you're happy.

• Guns_N_Rozer, Miscellaneous, LaurenEmily and 3 others like this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Tl+dr_0fc5d8_5289217.gif

• Guns_N_Rozer, Miscellaneous, Amidatelion and 7 others like this

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Drink

Ish no more boozsh in *hic* ... in thish here bottle... Oh well.

*collapses* 

• dorobo, Bergwein and DemitronPrime like this

Welcome_To_The_Enclave.png

Spoiler

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

58539471.jpg

Checks the Rules....

omg....

We are so Done

I should never have done the maths

Though.... Im terrified of that 5 shots one....

drinking-meme-011-put-beer-in-a-titty.jp

Edited by -TDM- Demitron-Prime, 27 June 2016 - 12:56 AM.

r4GY0PF.jpg

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
Not sure if I should be aggravated or impressed

AXgnWyr.png

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

it's better to send them game code , so they will just paste the game program data .

• dorobo, wolfrock, MomOw and 1 other like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I still don't believe this guy exists. Never seen him in game.

Anyways, OP, that is a whole lot of text and not particularly interestingly formatted. It's not going to hold anyone's attention, let alone the devs.  

I would recommend saving that info and parceling it out in related threads. This allows you to get your post-count out of purgatory and gets you contributing regularly. It also lets you farm likes, which is basically the only point of the forums at this stage.

-Amid

Like Farmer Extraordinaire

• PoopSlinger, coldform, DerMax and 7 others like this

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

-Amid

Like / post ratio is the most relevant data concerning herken skill.

Uncle Amid is a true 1337 with 1.85

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

-Amid

Don't even have a 2.0 L2P.  pshhh

Also i always thought this was a Ticklemyiguana smurf.  The ridiculous wall-o-text supports my theory.

• coldform likes this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

There are some good ideas within that wall of text (especially some of the items and internals), but I'd suggest heeding Amid's advice.  It's tough to parse long posts, so break things down and create separate threads.

Oh, and I liked your paint customization suggestion.  Might be more viable, though, if there were set paintable patterns you could apply to mechs - much like their stripe highlights.

Edited by Nept: Ultra Lord of the God-Kings, 27 June 2016 - 10:58 AM.

• Amish_Kommander likes this

Amish_Kommander

Amish_Kommander

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Anyways, OP, that is a whole lot of text and not particularly interestingly formatted. It's not going to hold anyone's attention, let alone the devs.  

I would recommend saving that info and parceling it out in related threads. This allows you to get your post-count out of purgatory and gets you contributing regularly. It also lets you farm likes, which is basically the only point of the forums at this stage.

-Amid

C'mon now we've played MANY games before i just havent played much throughout this year. And im good on making separate threads. Id much rather stick to one and gather info all at once on the same thread rather having to play hop-scotch with my threads responding to peeps. If someone reads my thread their reply will be of something that gets their attention. Whatever they dont reply with is ok cuz i dont expect anyone to give their full thoughts on EVERYTHING i posted. Its easier for me to pick up on what someone has to say specifically. So overall what i post and what i get in responses is what im looking to achieve here. Like i said i havent been on here much this year so whatever changes have been made, thread pts or that drinking game, i have no knowledge of and tbh i can care less for those thread pts cuz how does that benefit me in any way? Seems useless, but hey, to each their own. ;)

Amish_Kommander

Amish_Kommander

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Don't even have a 2.0 L2P.  pshhh

Also i always thought this was a Ticklemyiguana smurf.  The ridiculous wall-o-text supports my theory.

Nah i do have a main acc and this is my smurf but no, thats not me. About 90% of peeps on here will guess me wrong and only a few know who i actually am. I have my playstyle to each mechs i play and i prefer A's tbh but i play all mechs.

Amish_Kommander

Amish_Kommander

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

There are some good ideas within that wall of text (especially some of the items and internals), but I'd suggest heeding Amid's advice.  It's tough to parse long posts, so break things down and create separate threads.

Oh, and I liked your paint customization suggestion.  Might be more viable, though, if there were set paintable patterns you could apply to mechs - much like their stripe highlights.

Thanks man. Like i said in a prev post not too fancy on making multiple posts. Id rather have one spot that i can do all my reading/ writing. Theres still a bunch more that im thinking of just dont really know how theyd work vs whether or not they should only 'fit' in a specific Class of mech, being they are internals* each mech should have a diff chasis that fit their own parts. 

Ya the camo customization would have those patterns, i was just suggesting the overall idea of being able to combine multiple camos on the same part of the mech, body, legs, etc..

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

it's better to send them game code , so they will just paste the game program data .

I laughed soo hard I spat out my hammer.....

r4GY0PF.jpg

2XhpJes.png

Shade__

Shade__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

I laughed soo hard I spat out my hammer.....

that sounds painful...

• DemitronPrime likes this

,d88b.d88b,
`Y8888888Y'
`Y888Y' 
`Y

-Shade__

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

I've noticed in the text you mentioned healing turret. What about a shield item that would be orb's color and healing whatever is inside of it.

Edited by dorobo, 27 June 2016 - 10:25 PM.

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

[snip]

tbh any suggestion is useless until early july as "Hawken : Reloaded" will change the actual meta.

So wait and see the new hawken on consoles and then we will be able to discuss.

Edited by (KDR) MomOw, 28 June 2016 - 12:45 AM.

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

Hecatoncheires

Hecatoncheires

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

I actually think it would be great if they allowed you to paint your mech how you want, but if you wanted professionally done/predrawn patterns or decals, you would need to pay for them. This would also bring a lot more interest in consistent art contests or holiday specials.

To OP, you have some great ideas, especially that part about placing turrets on walls and the AA turret, but I think several of your ideas (like the drones and thrusters) would hinder the income Reloaded obtains through micro-transactions. Also, with your mech, and others, I feel like you're trying to push one aspect too far while abandoning the traits that make it Hawken. Make sure all of the functions have a reason or are possible in the Hawken universe, like fuel is regenerated because the mechs gather fuel from the fuel-rich air in Illal, etc.

What the Heca-

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
5278 words or over 13% of the minimum count for a novel. I read it, but lol. You can't expect anyone to address all your suggestions when they come in the form of one massive flood of information. Ideally listen to Amid, but at the very least put items, internals, mechs, etc. in their own spoiler tags to make your post easier to digest.

This is a mix of some good (and, as far as I know, new) ideas and some not so good ones. I'll add a more thorough response when I get up from napping since there's no way I'm writing a comprehensive post from my phone.

d1eZeG3.png

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Imagine all the boobs and phallus's we would see if people could paint their own mechs though?

Oh Hi amish 

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
give us tuning back to achieve all that

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Necroing this thread doesn't make me any more likely to read the textwall this time either.

• DemitronPrime and Shade__ like this

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

you know what...

I came back just for the liver disfuntion...

I seen armish in game, usualy pubstar stomping back when... ages ago anyways...

Some of those ideas looks ok but by the 4th line i was to drunk... Bring back the hammer

hammer_PNG3886.png

r4GY0PF.jpg

2XhpJes.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hawken, ideas, suggestions, improvement, community

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users