• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

CARLOSPELETO

CARLOSPELETO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Blender is getting in bed with UE

Viewport materials and shadder integration are coming officially in Blender 2.8 with the viewport buff.

This along with improvements to a couple of Blender addons already in 2.78 makes for a very powerful asset creation pipeline.

This also makes for an open source (wink) of assets from a pretty large and professional community, all you need is an input white paper on community market for next installment.

just sayn,.

• dorobo, Neraste, Badtings and 1 other like this

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

Blender is getting in bed with UE

Viewport materials and shadder integration are coming officially in Blender 2.8 with the viewport buff.

This along with improvements to a couple of Blender addons already in 2.78 makes for a very powerful asset creation pipeline.

This also makes for an open source (wink) of assets from a pretty large and professional community, all you need is an input white paper on community market for next installment.

just sayn,.

OMG

I love this.  considering the difficulty i've had with getting resourses into UE4 via blender, this is welcome news.  Hopefully I wont have any more scaling problems...

Edited by coldform, 30 September 2016 - 10:18 PM.

• Badtings, DemitronPrime and CARLOSPELETO like this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

CARLOSPELETO

CARLOSPELETO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

OMG

I love this.  considering the difficulty i've had with getting resourses into UE4 via blender, this is welcome news.  Hopefully I wont have any more scaling problems...

So here s a couple links for what's hot and the game asset conscious upgrade hungry Blender fan

Blender 2.78 overall overview

Blender 2.78 PBR Shadders (UE4 lookalikes in real time)

Blender 2.78 + Alembic (game assets with solid body animations) <- this is just the overall overview video rolled up to almost the end (14:30)

^Notice how the Alembic exporter deals with scale for UE4 (5000)

Edited by CARLOSPELETO, 02 October 2016 - 06:10 PM.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

it would be nice to see epic collaborating with other projects for a completely F/OS pipeline. 

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Arts, Game Assets, 3D, Blender 3D, Community

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users