* * * * * 1 votes Hawken Why we love hawken opinion Dumbledore dies

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

YourDJ

YourDJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Simply put really . I mean Hawken is its own unique thing there really is`nt anything like it. So what is it that draws us or at least what draws you personally?

As the OP I guess I should start

I am a huge fan of the Armored Core series, I absolutely LOVE the twitch like game play , going over 200 mph , flying the sky with explosions , the epic music, and ..... sweaty hands. 

Press play on a good album for background purposes and ill be playing for a couple hours. The main draw in I would guess is the resemblance it reminds me of Armored core.  Not graphics or story driven not really even game play wise. It reminds me of the rush I use to have playing that game. the excitement of how fast thinking you had to be. 

link to Armored core video to give better prospective

In a small conclusion My draw in is just how its made how tactically fun it is . Yes the graphics are fantastic but you take away how it is played then the graphics don't mean much . But if you take away the graphics and keep the game play the difference would not be as drastic * my opinion* 

And so I ask, what do you love about this game? 

• crockrocket, driedjello and Xacius like this

Where the party at?

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Community.

If we didn't have such an amazing community I would probably not play herkan as much as I do.

• DerMax, Merl61, Erzunterweltler and 4 others like this

Spoiler

YourDJ

YourDJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

I concur,  I am surprised how well our community is. There is the rare absolute rage war over who is killing who but other then that everyone seems really chilled and understanding, its very nice :D

• SOD_CyberTormentor and Badtings like this

Where the party at?

reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Mostly because it's one of the few FPS where I don't instantly die in any engagement because I'm a senile old man with the reflex of a dying giraffe.

And I love touching metallic butts.

• FRX23, dorobo, Merl61 and 9 others like this

System64

System64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

It's great except for the lack of servers in several places and the outdated, unfair financial model that was implemented by Adhesive. It needs to be changed. I made a topic in "suggestions and ideas" about just how unfair it is at the moment.

Edited by System64, 16 May 2015 - 12:05 AM.

d9133aa6ec.jpg

bkcat1

bkcat1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Honestly just the fact that I get to pilot a giant freakin' robot that is made of scrap metal and looks fairly realistic. Hawken is my favorite representation of mechs.

• phed, Nov8tr, Molasses_Jack and 1 other like this

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

The mobility and the diversity in mechs and weapons (especially having both the primary/secondary at the same time). I love the dance and the burst, I just can't find the satisfaction of dancing around someone and unloading big bursts of damage in other games I've tried. It's pretty much the only fps game since Perfect Dark that I came back to play over and over.

• dorobo, ScarletThirteen and YourDJ like this

t

t

DWEH3ZP.png   CRITICAL  RqKpxHn.png    ASSIST   VDNrFxD.png

t

t

Browno

Browno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Love the mechs and the way they move. And i got no tvitch skills so it suits me perfectly. The atmosphere in the game and the community is great too
  • YourDJ likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
I akm considered to be good in it.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Artstyle is still gorgeous. Except last echo.

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Joking aside... just like the OP, I also found this game to have parallels to Armored Core (although I admit I didn't like Nine Breaker).

YourDJ

YourDJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Joking aside... just like the OP, I also found this game to have parallels to Armored Core (although I admit I didn't like Nine Breaker).

The video I posted is from nine breaker. old game but i always thought it was gold. 

M4st0d0n whats wrong with last echo? 

Edited by DJjetblue, 16 May 2015 - 08:46 AM.

Where the party at?

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

The video I posted is from nine breaker. old game but i always thought it was gold. 

The fact that it doesn't exist. It's "Eco".

As far as why, the game itself is just... I don't know. It's easy to feel connected with the mech you're in. It just feels like something that could be so much bigger, have such a great story, captivate an audience the way games like Halo and Half Life did. You've got a unique story and environment meeting unique and sometimes thrilling gameplay, and it's just... Why wouldn't you love it?

That being said, I'm currently only able to play like one or two games a day without nonsensical pub stomping, and even then at this moment the servers are just really fuzzy bunnyed up right now, so I'd say the community itself is what keeps me around.

It's been over a year of hanging out with a lot of the same people, and there are people I'd actually consider friends on here, and I know a lot of other people feel the same way. I've seen people volunteer to go out of their way AFK to help people out on here for no other reason than "why not?"

I got involved with this game because it really is great, but I've logged a thousand or so hours across six accounts because of the people in this community.
  • crockrocket, talon70, Nov8tr and 3 others like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I know it's Nine Breaker. I currently own all PS2 Armored Core games barring Formula Front.

• YourDJ likes this

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

As far as why, the game itself is just... I don't know. It's easy to feel connected with the mech you're in. It just feels like something that could be so much bigger, have such a great story, captivate an audience the way games like Halo and Half Life did. You've got a unique story and environment meeting unique and sometimes thrilling gameplay, and it's just... Why wouldn't you love it?

That being said, I'm currently only able to play like one or two games a day without nonsensical pub stomping, and even then at this moment the servers are just really fuzzy bunnyed up right now, so I'd say the community itself is what keeps me around.

It's been over a year of hanging out with a lot of the same people, and there are people I'd actually consider friends on here, and I know a lot of other people feel the same way. I've seen people volunteer to go out of their way AFK to help people out on here for no other reason than "why not?"

I got involved with this game because it really is great, but I've logged a thousand or so hours across six accounts because of the people in this community.

I can't say enough about the community. I think it is the best part of this game, and unlike Tickle I'm still at the point where good matches are frequent and I improve regularly. Seriously though the Hawken community is amazingly supportive, and in general we're talking about some great people to just hang out with, in the TS or wherever. 

• ticklemyiguana, SOD_CyberTormentor, Badtings and 1 other like this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

YourDJ

YourDJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

I have talked with people in the IRC chat room about this question im asking and they say the same thing belive it or not. the community here is just amazing and im happy to be apart of it :D 

Where the party at?

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I guess maybe the forums here are keeping me around a bit. Granted being social isn't a strong suit. I mean, I don't FB or Twitter or the like, I have a Tumblr I barely use...

I have a skype, BUT I'M NOT TELLING ANYONE WHAT MINE IS.

reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

I have a skype, BUT I'M NOT TELLING ANYONE WHAT MINE IS.

Except your skype handle is the same as your forum handle :3c

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Except your skype handle is the same as your forum handle :3c

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF...

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

I have talked with people in the IRC chat room about this question im asking and they say the same thing belive it or not. the community here is just amazing and im happy to be apart of it :D 

Haha, of course. A fair amount of people on there are my friends.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

i really cant say if i like this game anymore or not...

*SCREECHING* 

YourDJ

YourDJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

i really cant say if i like this game anymore or not...

just over played?

Where the party at?

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Mostly because it's one of the few FPS where I don't instantly die in any engagement because I'm a senile old man with the reflex of a dying giraffe.

And I love touching metallic butts.

I don't just like your post, i'm the post.

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

just over played?

Getting stomped regularly isn't helping her depression.

I'm not being funny, I think she said this in another thread somewhere.

Edited by Panzermanathod, 16 May 2015 - 11:45 AM.

M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

I'm in a mech. I want to crush trees. Not climb on them in the ewok village full of giant flowers.

• YourDJ likes this

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Almost every single thing. All the way from the User Interface to the gorgeous art-style, the awesome community and (mostly) map-design. I mean, how can you not love this game ?

• YourDJ likes this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

better suited for a PM.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 16 May 2015 - 11:29 AM.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Hellzilla

Hellzilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

For me the positive things about Hawken were always the action and what the machines add to FPS. I was not into mechs and mech games, but I like FPS, and liked the mechanics and gameplay Hawken is built around. I think some of the mechs are really fun to play, and the sci-fi theme adds something pretty cool that your average army guy shooter doesn't. Of course, there are things I don't like about it--it's not all guns and roses.

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I don't just like your post, i'm the post.

Nice Avatar...Robocop ?

*+

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

This game keeps me from being addicted to illegal drugs.

Yes it makes me nuts and makes me want to smoke crack...................BUT

There is no time to smoke crack because I am trying to kill that asshat who just shot me!!

giphy.gif

• YourDJ likes this

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

YourDJ

YourDJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

This game keeps me from being addicted to illegal drugs.

Yes it makes me nuts and makes me want to smoke crack...................BUT

There is no time to smoke crack because I am trying to kill that asshat who just shot me!!

giphy.gif

SMH When you shoot your Tow rocket at the enemy and you miss completely

tumblr_inline_nkpgr04JoA1rq5p7o.gif

Where the party at?

Nightfirebolt

Nightfirebolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

I love Hawken's art style, sound design, game balance, tactical gameplay, affordable F2P model, siege mode (the mechanics of which are unique to this game only!), and of course, the people who refused to let it die even after the old developers went completely AWOL.

Thanks, by the way.  :smile:

Edited by Nightfirebolt, 16 May 2015 - 07:17 PM.

Disconnected_

Disconnected_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

The Fact that is it free and it doesn't have a bunch of 5 year olds playing it and mic spamming

SOD_CyberTormentor

SOD_CyberTormentor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
I was never a fan of online shooting games, perhaps because of the players with their inflated egos and extremely without any regard for novice players. The lack of a history and a different theme than already existed.

When I changed my NVIDIA graphics card in 2012, I got a gift with 1500 meteor credits for use in a new game called Hawken. I looked at some pictures and I was surprised with the theme, robots love and scenarios as presented in Hawken, so I decided, even scared, create an account and play. I'm here today. Partly because the game is still large, has an incredible variety of mechs and weapons, you may not be good with a class but will inevitably be good with a B or C, have a wide variety of items to control the power of our mechs and a good range of customizations (want more), this ensures a great game with great fun.

Even after the great shadow, where the game almost died. There was where I realized the great sense, big players were with the motto not to let the game die. But why so much effort? perhaps precisely because we have the best people in the game world, I do not say it's good as a player, to be effective and competent. It comes to be a good person to others. How many friends did here, people from all over the world, makes me extremely happy, and that's what makes me even in a winless day stay in the game without complaint. After all it is worth being part of it, proud to see the game grow again and remember that it's there, in part because of us!

Edited by SOD_CyberTormentor, 23 May 2015 - 09:30 PM.

assinaturalogos_03.png | assinaturalogos_09.png | assinaturalogos_07.pngassinaturalogos_05.png

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Most of the time I enjoy playing so very much. It feels like I am the Mech. I forget for a time about being a broken old man. I can run and jump and fly. I am powerful with amazing weapons of war. I fight to defend my team. I fight for honor. I enjoy all the friends I've made over the years. Most of the people here are great. We have such fun.  I can't even really put into words how it makes me feel. There isn't anything else that has this effect on me. For a small part of time, I am somewhere else. I am someone else. Ohhhh and it is so wonderful! It's like being young again for a short, but enjoyable time. :wub:

hawken.jpg

Edited by Nov8tr, 23 May 2015 - 09:58 PM.

• DieselCat, SOD_CyberTormentor and Gangland like this

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

Brother3J

Brother3J

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

I like the fights.  There is a visceral intensity without gore.  It's as much fun to blow up, as it is, to blow something up.  The art design, the trashcans of death, the maps are challenging and look great.  It's an easy game to pick up and nearly impossible to master. I have almost 700 hours into the the game and learn something every time I play.  The game is great, has great potential and is barely even developed. Kudos to the old devs, and godspeed to the new devs.

Cheers see you all on the AA

• DieselCat likes this

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

#HawkenForLife     :wub:

Memorial Day....Remembering all those that fought and died for their country....

*+ 

Edited by DieselCat, 24 May 2015 - 09:35 AM.

• Nov8tr likes this

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

Dedhed

Dedhed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • The movement mechanics--> boost, fly, dodge
  • The heavy crushing/crunching mech feel
  • Even with shortened time to kill from earlier iterations, it can still be a good while before I die
  • Though I'd like more customization, I also enjoy that which we do have
  • Splosive weapons, I like 'em and Hawken uses them well.
  • These are the main reasons. Community also. There are games I enjoy and don't play entirely because of a community I don't like.
  • Also, love the new devs so far. Super open and personable  :thumbsup:

Edited by Dedhed, 24 May 2015 - 09:26 AM.

"One day I will leave this world and dream myself to reality" -- Chief Crazy Horse

"Love is the Law, Love under Will" -- Aleister Crowley

"This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Otherland

Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

The look (I find Kang le's style beautiful) and the game play.

The community is remarkable, a great group of smart people (of all ages). 

• Nov8tr and SOD_CyberTormentor like this

8CyRDl7.gifGYM1W9I.png

P3nnyw1se

P3nnyw1se

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Growing up I really liked Gundam and Armored Core.  So it's just natural that I like Hawken.  I mean I used to play a lot of CoD4 and it has that same kind of feel but it's a better game with a little more strategic value.

Bleach%20Sig.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hawken, Why we love hawken, opinion, Dumbledore dies

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users