• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Necroing is the RIGHT thing to do when the discussion is relevant and ongoing.  So, thanks for not starting another new topic.

On you point about some C's being able to effectively use turret mode and possibly become imbalanced... you just make it so that their special ability cannot be used while in turret mode.  The speed of travel and recovery can also be tweaked for while mechs are in turret mode.

And some mechs, ones like the Rocketeer, in which Turret Mode is a detriment to their survival, their special could be geared to compliment turret mode so that there is a viable reason to use it at all.

first of all thanks for your comment on "necroing" about me in here ;)

on the other hand, what i tried to say mainly was on that whilst some C mechs are not precissely enjoying of a 100% operational -or 100% useful if you wish- turret mode on the field, some few other C mechs may be enjoying of a well balanced special ability or turret mode, plus the fact that there's a possibility of having some mech becoming too good while running it -its S.A.. That also depends on what the conditions are on the field during the fight.. which may be many and so distinct to evaluate and consider...; we've to agree on that too

ie. health, team mates performance, terrain, team balancing, plus long et cetera here ... not a so easy to handle topic either and again

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

I could see this work for some of the more flaccid turret modes(not vanguard) ie to holding down the ability key will activate turret where pressing it will just activate an ability. Could return the Grens artillery turret, buff brawler turret outside of hawkins, and make rocketeer not a death sentence.

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

call xacius, tell him you made this thread and then REMADE it, accept the consequences, subsequently delete own thread

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: class, special, ability, turret

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users