Photo

I Think The Incinerator is Weak

* - - - - 1 votes Incinerator Mechs Mech Gameplay Weapons Ability Weapon Abilities

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Mr_Vulcanator

Mr_Vulcanator

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I've gotten the Incinerator to rank 3 today. I'm not very pleased with it's performance.

• Default primary weapon is underwhelming.
  • Secondary does not work together with primary if enemies are at a distance. Maybe this is intentional.
  • Papa Bear takes a while to spin up and then overheats in like 2-3 seconds even when spamming the large fireballs. This is even worse when near teammates or enemies due to your heat siphoning passive.
  • It's ability is inconvenient and disables you, meaning you're vulnerable and have to spin up your primary and generate new heat.

I think that a good starting point would be to replace this mech's ability. What about a toggle-able aura that does damage to enemies that get to close while draining heat? Or make the current ability less clunky?

What are your thoughts on the current state of the Incinerator and what do you think of my idea?

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

It's actually very strong. With Papa bear maybe even the strongest mech in the game, if you can play it right.

It just takes practice and is a matter of getting used to the rhythm you need to have going on with the primary/secondary fire. My advice would be to forget the Baby bear and the ability. Once you learn to hit your Saare shots and manage the heat you will be very hard to kill.

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

papa bear/sorry incinerator is beastly, it requires dextrous coordination and thoughtful timing

I personally think a passive damage "aura" is undesirable in a contest of skill

• maxajcd likes this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

The incinerator is a very strong mech.  The reason you don't see many on the battlefield is because its annoying to play.  Its obnoxious and unfun.

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

The PPA spins down at about the same speed it spins up. Fire it in bursts to keep your heat in the right spot and keep spamming those big fireballs. Try not to get EMPed.

The incinerator has been in and out of meta a bit. Just after release it was considered weak for it's utter lack of corner play, then it was considered OP for its ability to fire infinitely and hold down lanes while also having absurd damage out put, then it fell back out of favor in lieu of more mobile mechs that do better in small skirmishes. This was all without any major (actually I don't think any at all) nerfs, buffs or changes, so it really just illustrates the player base learning to play with and against the mech.

Now that many of the players who participated in the techcinerator meta of S1 are gone I'm curious to see what the up-and-coming comp players think about the mech.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Durandal1707

Durandal1707

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

I've gotten the Incinerator to rank 3 today. I'm not very pleased with it's performance.

• Default primary weapon is underwhelming.
  • Secondary does not work together with primary if enemies are at a distance. Maybe this is intentional.
  • Papa Bear takes a while to spin up and then overheats in like 2-3 seconds even when spamming the large fireballs. This is even worse when near teammates or enemies due to your heat siphoning passive.
  • It's ability is inconvenient and disables you, meaning you're vulnerable and have to spin up your primary and generate new heat.

I think that a good starting point would be to replace this mech's ability. What about a toggle-able aura that does damage to enemies that get to close while draining heat? Or make the current ability less clunky?

What are your thoughts on the current state of the Incinerator and what do you think of my idea?

Practice my little grasshopper, practice...

• BBY can be useful at medium, semi-long rage if you know how to aim, same goes for the secondary default fire. You need to land every shot and fireball to be effective, although is still the weakest B3-AR available.
  • PPA is the what you should be using all the time, especially if you are going aggressive, try to keep it spinning or start it BEFORE you go in to a fight, if you get ambushed and your PPA is in full stop, look for cover and try to avoid enemy fire until you can shot back (this is the greatest weakness of the incinerator). EYES ALWAYS ON YOUR RADAR.
  • In order to spam the secondary fireball with PPA, you need to time your shots, fire 4 PPA, stop and fire a large fireball and repeat. DON'T spam while shooting at the same time because you are going to overheat, if you fire at the sound of the "overheating" alarm you are doing it wrong and you will overheat too because your heat siphon ability.
  • M4MA is for a support role - area of denied effect, best used in siege of missile assault (or if you have a decent team), it fires immediately as the BBY and you can spam large fire balls without releasing the primary trigger. its bullets have a little splash damage which overheats the enemy weapons.
  • The heat dispersion ability (or HULK SMASH) is very situational, so use it sparingly. Most people find it useless because they get scared being under fire and think of it as a panic button, which end them up killed. You use it to finish weak enemies and nothing more, especially those little pesky A classes that likes to dance and vault around you, for the best effect try to be near overheat as you will do more damage. its also worth noticing that you can still use it even if you get EMP'ed.
  • Tech is your greatest ally so treat it well and try always to put yourself between him and the enemy.

Edited by Durandal1707, 23 February 2016 - 11:24 AM.

• JackVandal likes this

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Incin Play Guide ::

Step Like jagger

Spam Bullets

DONT stomp unless you got lotsa health and things near you are about to die anyway (the number of people i see trigger this incorrectly is amazing)

play as part of a team DONT LONEWOLF

and most importantly....

Remember it is a SUPPORT AND SUPPRESSION mech... NOT an assault mech

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Remember it is a SUPPORT AND SUPPRESSION mech... NOT an assault mech

This is like the biggest joke in the game's mech descriptions.

• Aregon likes this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

hellc9943

hellc9943

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

The scout is for scouting.

• coldform likes this

Festivals end, as festivals must

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

This is like the biggest joke in the game's mech descriptions.

I dunno, i mean it CAN be very aggressive i agree, but in the end if you try be TOO aggressive you will get fuzzy bunny on every time, incin screams shoot me due to bullet spam and radar, without a decent tech and/or decent team it is kinda useless against numbers... IMO

r4GY0PF.jpg

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

Kindos7

Kindos7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

The scout is for scouting.

Raider is for raiding.

"Go pro, it's worth it"

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Raider is for raiding.

Actually... A raider is a viking Longboat in disguise....

r4GY0PF.jpg

2XhpJes.png

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

...but not essentially OP as the actual Incin is.. really... Comes to my mind one word basically now: Overheating.

Rocketeers were the OP guys on the field. Then HellFires got nerfed. I'm cool on how HFs behave in the game. That was positive. But the OP guy in HAWKEN now is the Incin (and, by the way, is not the Tech). Let's recapitulate...

The Incin is too powerful: Armour, DPS plus unlimited power due to its self-cooling nature or design. At least one of these 3 factors must be nerfed to erase once and for all the current "OP Label" for this mech.

Uno: In DM is too powerful.

Dos: In TEAM based modes, moreover, it cools down team mates. And that makes a difference. A big one. Even more when friendlies are piloting around it...

I like the Incin but it needs a nerf; a.s.a.p.

P.S. Do you ever got killed by an Incinerator (close to you) running its Special Ability while you were extremely low on health? Never? Right, that too..

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

Aelita

Aelita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

It is not weak, it is a challenge to handle it. And seriously, without those challenges i would be long gone from Hawken by now.

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

I do think that Incin was overhyped as OP. I still think it is OP, but not as OP as I once thought.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

you can do even more dps if your accurate using m4m4 bear and small fireballs as much as you can fire then switch to large fireballs a few shots till heat drops low again then back to small fireballs, they dont blow up as big but they still do direct hit damage well, coupled with mamas overheat and area effect projectiles its very deadly if you can juggle the pattern required to use it without panicing or anything messing up your rythm

m0bieduck

m0bieduck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

What the f******zybunny. The incin is one of the reasons I quit the game, although to me the tech was more annoying.

prematurely declared king of typos, unreadable posts, and stupid threads.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Incinerator, Mechs, Mech, Gameplay, Weapons, Ability, Weapon, Abilities

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users