Photo

Alright, can we talk about the forums real quick?

- - - - - forums suggestions bugs as in they bug me i am bugged the FBI is listening

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Greetings Pilots!

So here's the deal, being on the forums has been really great and all, but some there's some stuff I'd like to address. Nothing too serious, just a short and sweet list for y'all to bicker over.

• Selected text only turns slightly bolder than the rest of the text, making it hard to tell what I've actually got highlighted.
  • Quoting doesn't stack. I did it once manually, which took an embarrassing amount of time. Multi-quote isn't the same, and even if it were, I don't want to multi-quote 5 different posts when they are all replying to each other.
  • I know y'all just got to work and have much bigger fish to fry (I work in a kitchen, I can sympathize), but what about a real mobile app/site? The current one looks unnervingly similar to one I built in an HTML intro class I took a few quarters ago...
  • Why is there a limit on the number of things one can like in a day? Is that a real issue, or is it an arbitrary thing?
  • Why can I report myself?
  • I dunno, some other stuff I was thinking about when I started typing this and have since forgotten. Whatevs.

Edited by SatelliteJack, 30 May 2015 - 08:57 PM.

• MechFighter5e3bf9, crockrocket, Elite_is_salty and 6 others like this

cUB1aCW.jpg?2

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

bump

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Lol Lil changes that would be cool XD

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Selected text only turns slightly bolder than the rest of the text, making it hard to tell what I've actually got highlighted.

I can kinda get behind that complaint, it's a very minor annoyance.

Quoting doesn't stack. I did it once manually, which took an embarrassing amount of time. Multi-quote isn't the same, and even if it were, I don't want to multi-quote 5 different posts when they are all replying to each other.

It's better off that we can't do that. Have you seen the ludicrous quote chains people end up making because they are too darn lazy to clean up their post? The less of that, the better.

Why is there a limit on the number of things one can like in a day? Is that a real issue, or is it an arbitrary thing?

Stop liking everything you damn hippie. It's the Internet, everyone is wrong, you should be hatin' on them and correcting them 24/7, not offering them hugs and kisses.

Why can I report myself?

Because we all should loath ourselves and our existence, truly a powerful message.

I just wish people would stop bloody multiposting (learn to edit, you dolts), stop "bumping" (utterly trivial) and stop using arbitrary fonts. (special little flower aren't you?)

Edited by reVelske, 31 May 2015 - 12:10 AM.

• Hijinks_The_Turtle, SatelliteJack and I2DI like this

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Lol

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

It's better off that we can't do that. Have you seen the ludicrous quote chains people end up making because they are too darn lazy to clean up their post? The less of that, the better.

Uu3mBjh.png

Ah the good ol' days. ^-^

• Miscellaneous likes this

cUB1aCW.jpg?2

Derpy Hooves

Derpy Hooves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Greetings Pilots!

So here's the deal, being on the forums has been really great and all, but some there's some stuff I'd like to address. Nothing too serious, just a short and sweet list for y'all to bicker over.

• Selected text only turns slightly bolder than the rest of the text, making it hard to tell what I've actually got highlighted.
  • Quoting doesn't stack. I did it once manually, which took an embarrassing amount of time. Multi-quote isn't the same, and even if it were, I don't want to multi-quote 5 different posts when they are all replying to each other.
  • I know y'all just got to work and have much bigger fish to fry (I work in a kitchen, I can sympathize), but what about a real mobile app/site? The current one looks unnervingly similar to one I built in an HTML intro class I took a few quarters ago...
  • Why is there a limit on the number of things one can like in a day? Is that a real issue, or is it an arbitrary thing?
  • Why can I report myself?
  • I dunno, some other stuff I was thinking about when I started typing this and have since forgotten. Whatevs.

The forums do feel like they were put together by someone fresh out of a web dev degree if not, built in a WYSWG suite.

tTIViUr.png

reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

As a web dev, I'd say the forum is actually quite aesthetically pleasing with very little to complain about, it and its dev do not deserve the kind of pathetic insult you've just thrown at them, have some bloody tact.

Edited by reVelske, 31 May 2015 - 12:40 AM.

Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

I don't have a problem with how the forums work... just with how people choose to use them.

So, as we are making lists, here's mine :)

• Drunken posts with no relevant content and so called 'in jokes'
  • Thread tiles that are way to long or written in capital letters
  • Display names that break the page formatting
  • Endless, lazy quoting 
  • Expressing yourself with an over used .gif
  • Using the acronym IMHO
  • Using the acronym TBH 

Edited by (KDR) Pastorius, 31 May 2015 - 01:02 AM.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Using the acronym IMHO
  • Using the acronym TBH 

Are those legitimately complaints or personal gripes?

Derpy Hooves

Derpy Hooves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

As a web dev, I'd say the forum is actually quite aesthetically pleasing with very little to complain about, it and its dev do not deserve the kind of pathetic insult you've just thrown at them, have some bloody tact.

Point is, I've seen this exact layout and system on many many other forums/boards/etc, it feels like it's very generic. Not to mention the HTTPS that's in use isn't even full HTTPS, when viewing the source info in Firefox/Chrome, under Security.

Connection Partially Encrypted

Parts of the page you are viewing were not encrpyted or the encryption is not strong enough before being transmitted over the internet.

Under the Website Identity no owner information nor any verfication. Even the CSS code is the same as whats provided in basic WYSWYG editors.

tTIViUr.png

reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

WYSWYG editor? WTF are you actually on about? This is probably just a modded IP Board theme? Please be more specific with your complaint on said CSS. And how does the fact that some info not being passed via SSL affect your livelihood and enjoyment of the forum in any way shape or form? You are literally nitpicking irrelevant crap that have ZERO effect on the usability of the forum.

Let's see some masterpiece you've produced in your life to put this forum layout to shame.

Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Also stop those nerds that do the funny words that look like they were melted in the microwave.

You're not cool, get off my lawn.

• Erzunterweltler, Pastorius and reVelske like this

Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Are those legitimately complaints or personal gripes?

Both

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Don't see why they would be the former, this is not a roleplaying or academic writing board, no reason why shorthand should be shunned.

Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Why would one feel it necessary to state that they are intending to be honest or that their own opinion is indeed an honest one?

What is the point in sharing a dishonest opinion and would it be prevalent to prefix your opinions with "To be dishonest"?

Anyway, derailing a thread is also one of my dislikes so I apologise :)

Edited by (KDR) Pastorius, 31 May 2015 - 06:20 AM.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

We need MOAR LIEKZ!

87523-Doctor-Who-upvote-gif-Imgur-kCZb.ghlmOzf7.gif

tnqlV.gif87495-Thor-upvote-gif-ANOTHER-Imgur-vhqM

• Miscellaneous likes this

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

I don't have a problem with how the forums work... just with how people choose to use them.

• Endless, lazy quoting 
  • Using the acronym IMHO
  • Using the acronym TBH 

I only do four of those. I guess I need to step my game up.

d1eZeG3.png

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

• Endless, lazy quoting 
  • Using the acronym IMHO
  • Using the acronym TBH 

...Ahahaha....aha..ha...... *laughter dies*

I'm....sorry?  I've done at least six of these at least once.  As for the first, I dislike alcohol.

Edited by h????????????????????????????????i??, 31 May 2015 - 01:45 PM.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Also clean up all the posts strewn about by children arguing over something that's derailing the thread anyways.

Also read and reply to my map overview thread. (because that would be an obvious improvement to the forums, not just a list of my demands)

Edited by Massive_Assailant_Stingray, 01 June 2015 - 12:19 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: forums, suggestions, bugs, as in they bug me, i am bugged, the FBI is listening

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users