- - - - - bugs nerf buff op

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

(PS4)Erased4Ever

(PS4)Erased4Ever

• PlayStation Members
  • 12 posts

Hello,

I see massive problems in this game. I want only to do a checklist with the problems I see at this moment.

The new Update and Hot-fix made the game's fps look better. That's a 10 for you, but we don't look at the real problems.

1. Mechs.

1.1 CIV :

> it got the most op mech in the history of HAWKEN. It does not need any skill to play it. My problem with the CIV are the unbalanced EOC Reaptors witch you can find on mechs like Infiltrator, Raider or Rocketeer. Those make to much damage witch is no fair, every skilled player would call it noob mech. The mines can be a hell off if the whole team is playing CIV, you see this scenario sometimes and you just have to quit the lobby. I think at a double EOC the damage has to get NERFED.

1.2 The Grenadier

> I don't understand why it has no grande launcher like on the PC version. That was the point of the grenadier, those 2 REV's that are shooting way to slow are hard to use properly. Give the grenadier his grande launcher back and leave his old ability.

>ability on pc: Damage boost. NOT IN THE HEAVY TURNET MODE! FOR 7 SECONDS!

>ability on the consoles: Heavy artillery mode. While the turnet mode is active, Damage boost. Infinite.

> Put the grenade launcher, and make the REV shoot as fast as on pc and the ability the same like on pc. #Buff.

1.3 The Hellfire's

> They started doing 180's and you can't doge all rockets away in a open room. The Hellfire's are way to op, a lot of people playing rocketeer and bruiser because of the low skill level that such a mech requests. You don't need any aim to look on.

> They Look On invisible mech's while being invisible. This needs to got patched soon. 

Please make them more worse and imprecisely while the opponent doges them out. 

1.4 Cosmetics

> On pc you can put any head parts and head cosmetics on witch mech you want to. Here not, I don't understand the point why no. The G2's can't even have the designed head parts of their mech. This should get changed, so you get more money if the people have more to put on.

> The CAMOS, Saturation and Scale. Please put a R1 R2 and L1 L2 option for those. You always have to go up and back down to see how your camo looks like.

> Add to the "Pissing" mech Emote of the A classes Oil that comes out. (would look funny) #FIX

1.5 End word:

There is more to be done but that's just a major part that has to be done for a better game quality.

2 Items.

2.1 ITEM SLOTS ON PC:

> On pc you got only 6 slots and a MK1 takes 2 slots, a MK2 takes 3 slots and a MK3 takes 4 slots.

> Items aren't the same in damage: Let's say a Repair Charge's capability is on a MK1 100 LP, on a MK2 200 LP and on a MK3 300 LP and 2 of them not only one like on MK1 and MK2. You got with a MK2 1 Repair charge witch heals you with 200 EP. It makes no sense why you got 3 Rocket and MG turnet's for every MK.

Please try to bring the game on the status of 6 slots, witch contain the same like on pc. #nerf

2.1 Turnets.

> They are still to many. I see combats where the first thing that people do is to put down all their turnet's. They do a massive amount of damage. 

> Instead of 6 you can put now 4 down at the same time, what a revolution. This is just a way to bring everyone to use them, instead of teaching players how to play A class mech's put them in rocketeers with 6 turnet's. That's just not the right way to help a player to find his mech that he will master later.

Give them a real Nerf and make it back to 2 items per MK3. 1 per MK1 and MK2.

2.2 Items missing

> Some items are just missing for some mech's. Please check that.

2.3 Repair Charges are broken.

> I saw that the Repair charges are repairing without taking any damage and while you are full life. That's a bug.

3. In game bugs

3.1 Moving trough the Menu after the game.

> When you ended a game and you move look at the leaderboards or do other moves your emojis are thrown away and your mech does the mech emote. Take a look at that.

3.2 Playing with your party

> Why can't you play with a 6 people party and only a max of 3 people? Like even if there are 4 people in the playstation party 2 of them are playing Hawken and 2 are playing some other random games you can't search for a game because it says party full. I don't understand the system of hawken party's. Please try to do an in game invitation system. Thank you.

Thanks that you hear me and read all I wrote. Remember English is not my main language and I'm only trying to help. I'm not triggering anyone. It's just mine and others opinion + asking the pc players how they find it. 

Those are only a few main problems. I will update when I got more time. Please don't get mad.

Yours,...

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Will address these the best I can given what I know:

Hello,

I see massive problems in this game. I want only to do a checklist with the problems I see at this moment.

The new Update and Hot-fix made the game's fps look better. That's a 10 for you, but we don't look at the real problems.

1. Mechs.

1.1 CIV :

> it got the most op mech in the history of HAWKEN. It does not need any skill to play it. My problem with the CIV are the unbalanced EOC Reaptors witch you can find on mechs like Infiltrator, Raider or Rocketeer. Those make to much damage witch is no fair, every skilled player would call it noob mech. The mines can be a hell off if the whole team is playing CIV, you see this scenario sometimes and you just have to quit the lobby. I think at a double EOC the damage has to get NERFED.

We're always evaluating Mech balance and will adjust things if needed.

1.2 The Grenadier

> I don't understand why it has no grande launcher like on the PC version. That was the point of the grenadier, those 2 REV's that are shooting way to slow are hard to use properly. Give the grenadier his grande launcher back and leave his old ability.

>ability on pc: Damage boost. NOT IN THE HEAVY TURNET MODE! FOR 7 SECONDS!

>ability on the consoles: Heavy artillery mode. While the turnet mode is active, Damage boost. Infinite.

> Put the grenade launcher, and make the REV shoot as fast as on pc and the ability the same like on pc. #Buff.

We'd like to add the PC variant of this mech back to the game in some form. Expect some news on that soon-ish.

1.3 The Hellfire's

> They started doing 180's and you can't doge all rockets away in a open room. The Hellfire's are way to op, a lot of people playing rocketeer and bruiser because of the low skill level that such a mech requests. You don't need any aim to look on.

This has been a hotly debated topic on PC. The general consensus is that the Hellfires are great at lower matchmaking ratings, and generally the higher you get in matchmaking rating, the more players know how to counter hellfires (corner peeking and such.)

> They Look On invisible mech's while being invisible. This needs to got patched soon. 

Please make them more worse and imprecisely while the opponent doges them out. 

This is intentional, as they track heat.

1.4 Cosmetics

> On pc you can put any head parts and head cosmetics on witch mech you want to. Here not, I don't understand the point why no. The G2's can't even have the designed head parts of their mech. This should get changed, so you get more money if the people have more to put on.

The only things we lock are the uppers, and they are staying that way as it remains an invaluable way to differentiate the Mechs from one another.

> The CAMOS, Saturation and Scale. Please put a R1 R2 and L1 L2 option for those. You always have to go up and back down to see how your camo looks like.

We plan on revisiting paint saturation and scale in a future update. Currently, our UI designer is working tirelessly to revamp the UI codebase - so that in the future, we can make those kinds of changes to the UI easily.

> Add to the "Pissing" mech Emote of the A classes Oil that comes out. (would look funny) #FIX

This actually may take us out of "T" rated zones. I'd rather not, given that it is one of the strong points of the game.

1.5 End word:

There is more to be done but that's just a major part that has to be done for a better game quality.

2 Items.

2.1 ITEM SLOTS ON PC:

> On pc you got only 6 slots and a MK1 takes 2 slots, a MK2 takes 3 slots and a MK3 takes 4 slots.

> Items aren't the same in damage: Let's say a Repair Charge's capability is on a MK1 100 LP, on a MK2 200 LP and on a MK3 300 LP and 2 of them not only one like on MK1 and MK2. You got with a MK2 1 Repair charge witch heals you with 200 EP. It makes no sense why you got 3 Rocket and MG turnet's for every MK.

Due to the number of buttons on a controller and balance concerns, this is actually not feasible. We don't want to force players into uncomfortable gameplay scenarios with more than 1 item. The reuse is slightly different on each item depending on the MK. of the item.

Please try to bring the game on the status of 6 slots, witch contain the same like on pc. #nerf

2.1 Turnets.

> They are still to many. I see combats where the first thing that people do is to put down all their turnet's. They do a massive amount of damage. 

> Instead of 6 you can put now 4 down at the same time, what a revolution. This is just a way to bring everyone to use them, instead of teaching players how to play A class mech's put them in rocketeers with 6 turnet's. That's just not the right way to help a player to find his mech that he will master later.

Give them a real Nerf and make it back to 2 items per MK3. 1 per MK1 and MK2.

In total, you should only be able to play 2 turrets. When you have 2 out and you place a third, it should destroy the first. Give it a try sometime. If it's not working as intended please let us know.

2.2 Items missing

> Some items are just missing for some mech's. Please check that.

Can you please be more descriptive? Which items are missing?

2.3 Repair Charges are broken.

> I saw that the Repair charges are repairing without taking any damage and while you are full life. That's a bug.

That is by design; not a bug. It is to punish those who sit on orbs and get free healing.

3. In game bugs

3.1 Moving trough the Menu after the game.

> When you ended a game and you move look at the leaderboards or do other moves your emojis are thrown away and your mech does the mech emote. Take a look at that.

I've logged a bug report for this internally. Thanks for reporting this.

3.2 Playing with your party

> Why can't you play with a 6 people party and only a max of 3 people? Like even if there are 4 people in the playstation party 2 of them are playing Hawken and 2 are playing some other random games you can't search for a game because it says party full. I don't understand the system of hawken party's. Please try to do an in game invitation system. Thank you.

Due to specific requirements by Sony/Microsoft, and to keep gameplay consistent across platforms, we have restricted the number of players allowed in a Hawken party.

Thanks that you hear me and read all I wrote. Remember English is not my main language and I'm only trying to help. I'm not triggering anyone. It's just mine and others opinion + asking the pc players how they find it. 

Those are only a few main problems. I will update when I got more time. Please don't get mad.

Yours,...

Please let us know if you have any additional feedback or concerns, and thanks for the bug reports :)

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts

My biggest concern is the Civ for it basically ruins the idea of the vytro [ahhhhhh vytro bias player right here]

Edited by (PS4)frostdragon2013, 20 March 2017 - 08:21 AM.

• (PS4)Jason_Endrago likes this

Most posts i make are taken from members of a large hawken community called krimson's cutthroat commandos o7

i'm a JOBS pilot who takes the souls of brave scouts

i play sharpshooter and vytro at long range because point blank is long range right?

(PS4)Erased4Ever

(PS4)Erased4Ever

• PlayStation Members
  • 12 posts

Will address these the best I can given what I know:

Please let us know if you have any additional feedback or concerns, and thanks for the bug reports :)

In total, you should only be able to play 2 turrets. When you have 2 out and you place a third, it should destroy the first. Give it a try sometime. If it's not working as intended please let us know.

Due to the number of buttons on a controller and balance concerns, this is actually not feasible. We don't want to force players into uncomfortable gameplay scenarios with more than 1 item. The reuse is slightly different on each item depending on the MK. of the item.

I would like to go on this two zero. And I'm happy for the replay.

You should be able to play 2 turrets. When you have 1 out and you place a second it should destroy the first like on pc. #lessdamage for turrets and less LP.

Please, you see the full working game on pc, talk with hestoned about the situation. If you don't know who that is: the best player in hawken. 

This game is about MOVEMENT. That's where you understood hawken wrong. Not about Siege/ing.

Let's do realtalk:

My scout got 300 LP (which should get a little bit higher to 325 LP for the G2 would be nice) a turret got 300 LP ether... I think you get my point 1. Not 2, not 3, 1.

I know a bunch of good players in this game and everyone is yelling about the turrets still to op. Please do it like on pc with only 1 active and 2 possible. 

And with the button mapping: Okey then bring it still 2 six slots but only 1 MK1 and 1 MK3 or 2 MK 2. That had his reason balance.

Due to specific requirements by Sony/Microsoft, and to keep gameplay consistent across platforms, we have restricted the number of players allowed in a Hawken party.

This one: I think you get me wrong. Which game doesn't allow full party's? That's a reason people quit the game. A BIGGGG one. 

End word, I see you guys want to get up the DAU to get more resources and that's fine for me, but please, I'm no noob in this game. I only play and invest money to support you, not to see you bringing up some op mechs to get a few more bucks.

Thanks. 

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

This one: I think you get me wrong. Which game doesn't allow full party's? That's a reason people quit the game. A BIGGGG one.

The issue is a technical limitation with Hawken's party system and Sony/Microsoft's party systems.

• (PS4)frostdragon2013 likes this

(PS4)Jason_Endrago

(PS4)Jason_Endrago

• PlayStation Members
  • 11 posts

"talk with hestoned about the situation. If you don't know who that is: the best player in hawken. "   Hah, debatable, if you're looking at sheer MMR values then that title goes to Xacius, if you're talking about overall skill then IareDave and hestoned are extremely close, though they've never actually fought from what i've seen.

About the turrets, personally i think they're pretty fine right now, it is true what Czerofive said as you can only have 2 out at once, and that is perfectly ok.  The turrets should be able to assist an attacker and give them a minor advantage, as well as allow a defender to hold their ground moderately well, I do agree that the MG turrets could use a minor damage nerf, they are by no means op as they were before.

The Civ honestly just needs some damage adjustments, its ability is to absorb damage for a very short time so make it like the bruiser in the sense it shouldn't so much damage instantly, but it can widdle down an opponent and outlast it.  There shouldn't be anything that can Instantly kill a mech in such a short amount of time without any preparation, which is why the Predator mines are balanced, you need to go out of your way to place all 8 mines in a way your attacker won't notice.  Making Civ more of a Harasser (Oh look you could change its name to that rather than it just being the chassis name hint hint nudge nudge) rather than a burst mech. 

Parties have always been a bit of a taboo in hawken, on PC you can have a max of 3 people going into the normal gamemodes, and then there was the 6v6 party lobby mode that never got used.  In all honesty the reason it stayed limited on pc to console was probably due to lack of playerbase, if you look at a game like say, Overwatch, that game has actual millions of players and at least several hundred thousand on at a time, whereas hawken hasn't seen anything larger than 14,000 people who have accounts, and a max of 8,000 people online at once. (Correct me if i'm wrong C05)

The issue is a technical limitation with Hawken's party system and Sony/Microsoft's party systems.

Along with what C05 said too.

With Hellfires, unless they ninja buffed it somewhere along the line it should be the same, from my experience it definitely feels the same and they aren't hard to dodge, its more the fact that everybody and their mother uses hellfire mechs on console.  Though hellfires were a lot worse back in the day, as time goes on it becomes more and more clear that they need a change overall, especially since they plan to make PC and Console as similar as possible, so here's a suggestion:   Make Hellfires follow the crosshair  that would make them actually skill based and much more balanced in my opinion.

Also Could we finally address the openings in the maps? Yes they do end up giving us some pretty damn cool screenshots

Spoiler

but they do cause problems

Edited by (PS4)Jason_Endrago, 22 March 2017 - 03:20 PM.

(PS4)Erased4Ever

(PS4)Erased4Ever

• PlayStation Members
  • 12 posts

"talk with hestoned about the situation. If you don't know who that is: the best player in hawken. "   Hah, debatable, if you're looking at sheer MMR values then that title goes to Xacius, if you're talking about overall skill then IareDave and hestoned are extremely close, though they've never actually fought from what i've seen.

About the turrets, personally i think they're pretty fine right now, it is true what Czerofive said as you can only have 2 out at once, and that is perfectly ok.  The turrets should be able to assist an attacker and give them a minor advantage, as well as allow a defender to hold their ground moderately well, I do agree that the MG turrets could use a minor damage nerf, they are by no means op as they were before.

Can we talk on the 4? And turrets are op, all defensive items are by 2 and turrets get up by 3. Hellfires got a buff, they never did 180's. Before the update you could doge them easly, now you need impressive skill.

(PS4)PhelanKellRX-78

(PS4)PhelanKellRX-78

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 30 posts
I'd have to say I'm pretty happy with the game, don't have a problem with how the turrets are just mowe them down, I'd like to see the armor fusor go back to the point system instead of percentage, never really had an issue with hellfires I use all the mechs so it depends on what guy I need andwhen the other team is lock on missile heavy I grab my bruiser or to rocketeer

(PS4)Erased4Ever

(PS4)Erased4Ever

• PlayStation Members
  • 12 posts

I grab my bruiser or to rocketeer

391255054_52907e85be_z.jpg?zz=1

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
Hahahhahaha so now we get hassled by pc players on the forum... great

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts

A big issue in game is latency aus players can nuke European servers and take 0 damage

Most posts i make are taken from members of a large hawken community called krimson's cutthroat commandos o7

i'm a JOBS pilot who takes the souls of brave scouts

i play sharpshooter and vytro at long range because point blank is long range right?

(PS4)PhelanKellRX-78

(PS4)PhelanKellRX-78

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 30 posts
perhaps I should clarify, my fav mech is the gen one recruit... nothing is more satisfying than killing with the runt grunt... I use all of the mechs but I think we just found someone who hates lock ons for than frost, but considering i can shred a rocketeer with a mere kerby perhaps u should get one or an ord, a third option could be just deal with them...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bugs, nerf, buff, op

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users