• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
This is the reformatted former G2 Tech post I made.  We all know how the Tech and Incin are pretty much broken in some way.  I think of something for the Incin sometime soontm.  These are the changes I thought of for the technician now from the old forums posted on the mirror here: http://hawken.mirror...sp/#entry544377

Here it is:

Revamped Secondary Weapon: Repair Torch (same name, different functionality)

Description:  It can reprogram nanobots in the carovite armor of enemies to break down at a molecular level and steals the Vitalium (the yellow health orb stuff) in mechs and dumps it into tanks located all around the chassis (first mode).  In secondary mode, it can shoot a ball of Vitalium (from the tanks) and shoot it toward allies (be careful where you shoot, enemies can take it too).

To see how full the tanks are, a bar on the side of your reticle will slowly fill up as you use the first mode of the repair torch.  In inverse, it will drain when you use secondary mode. One bar = One health orb

How the new Repair Torch works:

-First mode fires a straight red beam similar to the focus rifle in Halo Reach:
Spoiler

No, it won't have Focus Rifle's range.  However, it won't auto-aim toward the enemy player like the original Repair Torch.  I imagine it to have a decent amount of more range than the Repair Torch.  The rate of stealing Vitalium is slower from a farther distance but as you get closer, the rate is increased.

-Secondary mode fires Health orbs at high velocity so you can shoot it directly at allies.  Holding the left button will dump it all at once so be careful with what you do.  You just might end up fuzzy bunnying your entire team by healing enemies at the same time.

Primaries: the same stuff

Ability:  Amplification - When activated, Repair Torch mode's rate of stealing from enemies is increased and secondary mode's health orbs are more potent for healing.  Vents on the side of the Tech's chassis allows the mech to steal any health orbs lying around a certain radius (includes repair charges) and dumps it into the tanks during the duration of the ability.  During this time, health orbs and repair charges cannot be used to heal the Tech itself until the ability is finished.

Passive ability:  While using the Repair Torch, the Tech's armor is repaired by a specific percentage of damage done, once the target's health bar is full, the torch cannot heal the tech anymore.

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, 23 March 2015 - 07:55 AM.

• Trigary likes this

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
Nope. Making the tech engage enemies runs counter to the whole idea of the mech. It's already not that great. This is both overly complicated and would make the tech unplayable.
  • -Tj- and BaronSaturday like this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Gonna post my G2-Tech idea.

C-Class. No weapons. Health and speed and all that doesn't matter. Ability blows you up in a lovely little fireball, healing all teammates in an area.

• LaurenEmily likes this

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Nope. Making the tech engage enemies runs counter to the whole idea of the mech. It's already not that great. This is both overly complicated and would make the tech unplayable.

I wanted to tell people what should the newer version of Tech should be able to do and not do.  The reasons for the change is so that:

a- The technician can't just sit in the back and walk around with an auto aim heal beam

b- The tech plays a more active role in battle (it's a mech with guns, come on)

c- The new changes would break the current OP combo of the Tech and Incinerator (well, I think at least)

d- it'll be harder to form the infamous mech death balls

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, 23 March 2015 - 08:23 AM.

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

I wanted to tell people what should the newer version of Tech should be able to do and not do.  The reasons for the change is so that:

a- The technician can't just sit in the back and walk around with an auto aim heal beam
b- The tech plays a more active role in battle (it's a mech with guns, come on)
c- The new changes would break the current OP combo of the Tech and Incinerator (well, I think at least)
d- it'll be harder to form the infamous mech death balls

And I want to tell you that this idea will make the tech utterly useless in any type of high level play. It melts when it directly engages the enemy. Making it do that before performing its primary function is not productive.
  • LRod and Brawler_Yukon like this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

And I want to tell you that this idea will make the tech utterly useless in any type of high level play. It melts when it directly engages the enemy. Making it do that before performing its primary function is not productive.

Okay, well I tried. :<  I thought it could work.  How would you suggest to fix the tech?

Brawler_Yukon

Brawler_Yukon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Okay, well I tried. :<  I thought it could work.  How would you suggest to fix the tech?

That's the thing though, the tech isn't broken. What's broken is Tech + Inc, other than that the tech does it's job perfectly fine.

• Merl61 and BaronSaturday like this

This is a signature, revel in its glory.

VYR3

VYR3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

its a nice idea in concept, but it would wind up being really really bad in game.

this is going to force the technician to play the wrong role so it can play the right roll, and this would end up in players using the tech to grief their own team by killing one guy and healing the enemy team's MVP.

I have to say no.

HorseHeadProphet

HorseHeadProphet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

I, for one, love when people try to play tech like it's a berzerker

Spoiler

The Hawken forum's a forum, but it's like the only one you get yelled at for using.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Tech is good as it is... As I said so many times in other posts T.T lol XD

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
I wouldnt change a thing on the tech... Exept for maybe a few cool cosmetics that would look awesome on tech XD but that's it XD

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: balance, idea, hawken, tech

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users