• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

MatsuhiroMaru

MatsuhiroMaru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

I readed many ppl complained of that text wall, so i deleted the original and did that RESUME:

Using as example the Eoc weapon, we have 3 variants of this weapon, each variant its better than the older, if you count mechs like CIV have a XT version of that EOC, plus duplicated primary weapons, plus higher stats, it makes a very big difference against a G2 predator who only owns 1 non XT EOC.  

Now you can say the predator have other habilitys, but the true its some G2 mechs are just clones of their G1 variant with higher stats, while others G2 have enchanced XT version of the weapons + duplicated primary weapon + higher stats, what make of they a G3 or G4 mech, and a very superior mech to the usual G2.

The result are unbalanced matchs where 1 try-harder player with one of this G4 mechs can bully the whole enemy team, that enemy team will not play again the game, and this result in a low population servers.

This problems dont affects only to the Pred and CIV, it also affects to the new Assault and others G2, a clear example its the G2 Raider who use the crap weapons of his G1 version and its useless against most of the new mechs with his same role.

Edited by MatsuhiroMaru, 26 September 2017 - 02:24 AM.

• Zavier_ likes this

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

this wall of text is near to impossible to read. i think u crazy.

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

TL;DR G2 mechs are bad and need to be changed into unique variations of the G1's, NOT Straight upgrades in most cases. This also removes the "Pay to win" argument.  

• diablo878, Miscellaneous, EM1O and 1 other like this

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

but wait theres more!

now in store for the special customer whos worried about howken:

a "one size fits all noose"

are YOU ready to take the easy way out?

then look no further then ArchMechs ArchNoose emporium

you want a noose with razorblades? we got that!

a noose that kills you with TOW rockets? we got that!

meme-Noose Extreme3 custom nooses also in stores! get pepe to put you out yer misery!

dont forget to inquire about our special limited exclusive edition G9001 variant hapken nooses for that extra dumb as,s fuzzy bunny auto-mecherotica-asphyxiation 

• MatsuhiroMaru, 6ixxer and DingdongJR like this

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

MatsuhiroMaru

MatsuhiroMaru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

this wall of text is near to impossible to read. i think u crazy.

i just edited it with colors and more clear text to people with sensitive eyes. also all the post can be resumed in G2 with double primary gun + enhanced XT weapons + enhanced stats will smash any other G2 with only 1 enhance, and this cause the unbalanced matchs, so here its what we must solve.

Edited by MatsuhiroMaru, 20 August 2017 - 03:09 PM.

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Kids this is why you don't do drugs.

• nepacaka, DingdongJR and frostdragon2013 like this

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

I have no clue what mechanics you are referencing, but this is not how G2s work at all.  They are currently direct upgrades to G1s which require a bit more grinding, but are not 'twice as powerful' at all. They do not do extra damage, and have slight (5%) more stats than G1s in most cases.

The benefit to G1s is the extra HC/XP for using them. To stay competitive slightly, simply use the G2s.

The community has provided a list of stats for each item in the game here. I recommend you review the stats:

https://docs.google....-crsEgVY6Y/edit

Edited by CZeroFive, 20 August 2017 - 03:39 PM.

• EM1O, Gueber and frostdragon2013 like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

i just edited it with colors and more clear text to people with sensitive eyes. 

No you didn't. You made it worse.

This is effective use of colour.

It is internally cohesive, and communicates the concept. Namely, that the Lord of the Scrubs is laying the smackdown on your terrible formatting. 

Your problem isn't that people can't read it, or that your grammar isn't perfect, it's that your post doesn't read like a human speaking. Read any of nepacaka's posts - his English is far from perfect, but it is entirely legible. And it's entirely legible because it reads like someone speaking English as a second language. It has cadence and grammatical quirks that flow like speech.  

Your blocks of text read like something written by an inner-city 12-year old taught writing by a succession of underpaid and unappreciated college dropouts. To improve, consider the following:

1. Format like C05 above: double line breaks are standard in longform internet written communication. They are clearer and space is not an issue.

2. I can see you're trying to adhere to the "one concept per paragraph" form, but you need to pare them down some. It's perfectly acceptable on the internet to have a one-sentence paragraph (hell, it's perfectly acceptable in the written word too). Reduce your ideas to their bare minimum, unless you're someone like me who enjoys the sight of their words too much.

3. tl;dr write concisely

4. Finally, consider learning your subject material a bit better because as it stands virtually nothing you've said is true or makes sense oh my god

• Miscellaneous, EM1O, Rainbow_Sheep and 3 others like this

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

look like some players still can't read, and don't know what "stats" button in hangar do.

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

Darktim300

Darktim300

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Are they considered a G6 if the player is good enough? *Insert tom cruise singing the song from tropic thunder here*

13179417_10154132160979929_2106212794278

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

but wait theres more!

meme-Noose Extreme3 custom nooses also in stores! get pepe to put you out yer misery!

Received meme-noose-gold-edition, but the color is off...

Can I swap it for the meme-noose-lightning-edition?

• Gueber likes this

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Received meme-noose-gold-edition, but the color is off...
Can I swap it for the meme-noose-lightning-edition?

just imagine the following as saying "no exchanges"
NoRefunds.png

Edited by ArchMech, 20 August 2017 - 10:10 PM.

• DingdongJR likes this

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

frostdragon2013

frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

umm yeah hallucinogenic drugs are not a good idea 

Lion_ThunderPants

Lion_ThunderPants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Saw title, read post, lost brain cells..
  • Shade__ likes this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
Now go read the salt thread...

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

get yer g2 mech, load it out massively, wep it up fearsomely, then play bots-tdm.

then  ask yourself "how did my bott get waxed by a g1 mech with one (usually inappropriate) item and 1 (always insufficient) internal?" 

skill, my friend, skill or the lack thereof.

there are many howken players that play some of the weakest mechs in the game, and are so talented and proficient in their use that whole servers full of players have quit and run just because that player entered the battlefield.

skill!

disclaimer:  none of which i've developed.... :no:

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

MatsuhiroMaru

MatsuhiroMaru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

No you didn't. You made it worse.

This is effective use of colour.

It is internally cohesive, and communicates the concept. Namely, that the Lord of the Scrubs is laying the smackdown on your terrible formatting. 

Your problem isn't that people can't read it, or that your grammar isn't perfect, it's that your post doesn't read like a human speaking. Read any of nepacaka's posts - his English is far from perfect, but it is entirely legible. And it's entirely legible because it reads like someone speaking English as a second language. It has cadence and grammatical quirks that flow like speech.  

Your blocks of text read like something written by an inner-city 12-year old taught writing by a succession of underpaid and unappreciated college dropouts. To improve, consider the following:

1. Format like C05 above: double line breaks are standard in longform internet written communication. They are clearer and space is not an issue.
  3. I can see you're trying to adhere to the "one concept per paragraph" form, but you need to pare them down some. It's perfectly acceptable on the internet to have a one-sentence paragraph (hell, it's perfectly acceptable in the written word too). Reduce your ideas to their bare minimum, unless you're someone like me who enjoys the sight of their words too much.
  5. tl;dr write concisely
  7. Finally, consider learning your subject material a bit better because as it stands virtually nothing you've said is true or makes sense oh my god

1. You are only taking the attention out of the problem what its basically: super enchanced XT weapons x2 VS 1 non enchanced primary weapon.

2. Asking to writte with one sentence per paragraph, perfect grammar, especific format, etc... to someone who dont have english as primary language its absurd, i m not a novels writter, and i used a grammary corrector and also used the fluzzy bunny colors so please stop whining about grammary, we are on a video game forum, not in language University.

3. I lived in Scottland for a long time so i dont really need your grammar approval.

4. About writte concisely, i revamped totally the post AGAIN, but if read 19 lines for you its to much, then you maybe should give up on reading at all.

5. Insult me calling me a 12 years old kid dosnt really afect to my age what is 33 years old actually, and it say more about you than about me.

6. About nothing of what i said its true, in the previous version of the game, the dev team understood perfectly that double primary weapon was  to much, if you cant see a XT version of it multiplicated x 2 vs a non enchanced weapon x1 its very unbalanced... then i cant do anything to open your eyes, tbh after all this whining i decided to give up on participate of this community, and Brexit myself from the forums.

(sorry i didnt used colors this time, cute pics or external grammar programs, but you took the rest of my patient)

PS: Dont laugh on ppl who speak with broken english, because that mean they are smart enough to learn 2 languages.

Edited by MatsuhiroMaru, 26 September 2017 - 03:21 AM.

MatsuhiroMaru

MatsuhiroMaru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

I have no clue what mechanics you are referencing, but this is not how G2s work at all.  They are currently direct upgrades to G1s which require a bit more grinding, but are not 'twice as powerful' at all. They do not do extra damage, and have slight (5%) more stats than G1s in most cases.

The benefit to G1s is the extra HC/XP for using them. To stay competitive slightly, simply use the G2s.

The community has provided a list of stats for each item in the game here. I recommend you review the stats:

https://docs.google....-crsEgVY6Y/edit

I use G2 yet, i dont need a G1, i dont need extra exp because i m lvl 30 pilot since 4 years ago, i own all the G1 mechs fully upgradeds and most of the G2. But some G2 are useless against what i call "G3 and G4" mechs. About what mechanics i talk, i talk FOR EXAMPLE of the Eoc weapon.

We have 3 variants of this weapon, each variant its better than the older, if you count mechs like CIV have a XT version of that EOC plus duplicated primary weapon, it makes a very big difference against a G2 predator for example who only owns 1 of the non XT EOC.  

Now you can say the predator have other habilitys, but the true its some G2 mechs are just clones of their G1 variant with higher stats, while others G2 have enchanced XT version of the weapons + duplicated primary weapon + higher stats. The result of that, are unbalanced matchs where 1 try-harder gamer can bully the whole enemy team, and that whole enemy team will never play Hawken again, what result in a low population in the servers.

I m just saying that cause i want help, if its not a obious problem, then just ignore it, anyway its not like the only problem of the game. This problems dont affects only to the Pred and CIV, it also affects to the new Assault and others G2, a clear example its the G2 Raider who use the crap weapons of his G1 version and its useless against most of the new mechs with his same role.

Edited by MatsuhiroMaru, 26 September 2017 - 02:26 AM.

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

I'm pretty sure XT weapons are inferior to their standard counterparts, at least in the case of the Vulcan XT. Two normal Vulcans would be too OP. 

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

Nolo24

Nolo24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

I'm pretty sure XT weapons are inferior to their standard counterparts, at least in the case of the Vulcan XT. Two normal Vulcans would be too OP. 

In some cases yes. But in other cases they are like the old style of g2 lineup. Whereas they trade off the fire rate for extra damage in the case of the t32 XT or the corsair XT. From my understanding the XT lineup is just supposed to be variants for different purposes or placements, either from balancing or from slight functionality changes.

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

In some cases yes. But in other cases they are like the old style of g2 lineup. Whereas they trade off the fire rate for extra damage in the case of the t32 XT or the corsair XT. From my understanding the XT lineup is just supposed to be variants for different purposes or placements, either from balancing or from slight functionality changes.

I understand, but I was referring more to the dual-wielding mechs such as the Kerby, Nief, and revamped Assault, instead of the G2 Raider(the damage increase for the Corsair XT is about 12-15%, but the T-32 XT should be same as standard). In most of those cases, the dual weapons are individually worse than their standard counterpart(or at least they should be). The Civ is no exception, instead of the EOC XT being "enchanced" like Matsuhiro was implying, it is a downgrade to the standard EOC Repeater. 

• Nolo24 likes this

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

MatsuhiroMaru

MatsuhiroMaru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

I understand, but I was referring more to the dual-wielding mechs such as the Kerby, Nief, and revamped Assault, instead of the G2 Raider(the damage increase for the Corsair XT is about 12-15%, but the T-32 XT should be same as standard). In most of those cases, the dual weapons are individually worse than their standard counterpart(or at least they should be). The Civ is no exception, instead of the EOC XT being "enchanced" like Matsuhiro was implying, it is a downgrade to the standard EOC Repeater. 

i m sorry but i dont agree, i saw the CIV landing mines in the other side of the map with a perfect accuracy, also the cadence was a lot higher and the amount of mines was a lot more since it have a duplicated primary weapon, a G2 Pred cant land mines in the other side of the map with this accuracy, cadence and amount of mines.

If you count that some ppl still play G1 because they spent a lot of money in their G1 mechs, this result in a insanne balance. Telling us to dont play G1 to stay competitive like i got told by CZeroFive, its the same than send us to "GFYS and thanks for your money but we dont care about balance".

the first G2 Assault was almost a G1 and had a very good balance even if was yet very OP cause the duplicated primary weapon, and that duplicated primary weapon was a big problem and many ppl complained until it was balanced. The CIV with double EOC XT its like an Assault with 4 vulcans, since the normal EOC was yet one of the most deadly weapons and even was able to take down easily a G2 Assault.

And as i said its not only a problem of the CIV but of many of the new G2, because while CIV its too OP, others like the new G2 raider are almost useless

Edited by MatsuhiroMaru, 02 October 2017 - 08:04 AM.

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

G3 and G4 mechs killed the game, we all laughed at him but look who was right.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

G3 and G4 mechs killed the game, we all laughed at him but look who was right.

The OP EOC Repeater did it no favors either. 

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Who thought 4x vulcans was a good idea.

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Thonking balance.

UWKx7lM.jpg

hqBAZDO.png

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

yeh. liars, moochers, etc. get over it: what part of Sunset do you not understand?  they DON'T CARE

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Balance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users