• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

well, i play on new mechs (except Ord) and i feel myself pretty weird.

1) Bad bullets.
first of all, all hitscan sustain weapons (like SMC, AR, Vulcans), should be nerfed a little. -1 or -2 dmg per bullet will be good. or increase heat per bullet a little. just slightly nerf, almost unnoticeable.

claims to new mechas.

2) 36M.
it is useless noob-shredder mech. this mech is literally working only if you opponent ignore you. his turret mode also very stupid. it is looking cool on a paper (+100% dmg, yay!) but in reality it is not working, and mech with 0% armor and 0.1 m/s speed just die in a second. 
The more funny thing is a G2-assult is just better. Assult have almost the same HP, but have also speed, maneuverability, and his weapons start shoot immediately, assult is no need always shooting to spin up weapons, and always show yourself on radar.
the only one difference between assult and 36m - is a 36m have a more good range and accuracy. but who care? 36m is still almost useless from distance (if compare with other mech, let's say... SA-brawler).

suggestion.
Turret mode is need a rework.
+20% frontal armor. increase 36m speed while turret the same like brawler have (and boost speed while turret too)
rework turret bonus damage to +50% (instead +100%, i mean decrease twice)
maybe it make it playable with some sort of orbs on ground, or techie behind. current form of turret is super-bored and uber-ridiculous.
better add in game ability to play like an MG-turrell (i'll pay for it!). it will have more sense than use turret mode on 36m.

3) Vytro.
i can't say it is imba, but is very "Toxic" mech. â„–2 Hacksuation after SS. even if people see how your lighting-charge miss and fly near with them, they still call you a cheater, just lol. because if you hit them, they feeling themself weird and delete game client from HDD.
I don't very love some sort playstyle of predator, SS or vytro, it is just boring for me, but this mech make me "rage" even more than SS or pred.
just explain this. i deal some damage for enemy, he jump on me, i charging again to execute them and... miss. and i'm dead. it is literally always flame my azz so hard. pretty much. :D

solution.
- Electro-gun is illegal. this weapon should have a falloff damage, to not deal 160 dmg in face from 200 metres from nowhere. I agree to get 160 dmg in face if this thing stay near with me, (they charging it 3 sec, high-risk/high-reward and all of this stuff), but not when you get it from the whole Bunker, or through whole Facility map.

- ability is useless. make it faster. ideally - making almost the same walking speed with normal state. now walking speed while ability is quite low. the fact that you can't charging electro-gun while invisibility, making Vytro ability enough useless.

- giving some "extra" weapon for vytro can be also good i think. maybe Heat-cannon or/and Slug rifle (i don't know what else can be good with E-Gun). i should pay 75k for this, and this thing even don't have a choice! boring...

4) Civ. 
yeah, maybe i'm not super pro with this, and in general, but Civ ability is useless due the many reaon. ping +super short time and reaction not allow you blocking a critical alpha strikes in face. 
most of problem situations for Civ in fight, it is being trapped by any crept up flying sustain-weapon mech (berserk, crt-recruit, assult, smc-van etc.), or aircommpressor mech.
so, 

- give a Civ ability from old bruiser version. Civ is a quite tanking B-class, have a not bad speed, and good HP value.
change it to: +20% armor on a 8 sec. and increase ability cooldawn. i'm 90% sure it help him better, than current type of ability which is impossible to block something (maybe if you have 0 ping and mangoose reaction, you can block a rocket near with your face, but be realist here, most of people play with ~80 ping and ability working too early, or too late to do something)

current Civ ability also can help him to not deal damage from yourself, if he shooting full alpha-strike at point-blank range from both EOKs, but it is so rare situations, so... it is not cost of it, to save ability in current state. it should working stabile when you need additional armor to trying to survive if enemy suddenly catch you.

5) Jobs.
this mech is Unfinished, undevelopment, and broken too much. (too much!)
- his ability is most bugged thing in hawken, it continue casting when you death, so it is 100% a bug and should be fixed.
- his ability is suicidal if you not use it through wall or floor, when enemy can't see you. (i'm mostly say about AA where it can do some magic if you stand behind frontal wall, and enemies trying to push it, and you can them on radar to do this. if they not stop, they can get a stun)
- random stun can kill any a-class. all what you need is shooting in it with EOK+KLA, and it 90% lead to death. enemy death, or you death, if enemy not die, lol)

solution:
- there is now solution in current ability state. if you fix "through wall bashing" and "continue stun after jobs death", jobs ability will be useless. it is jost not working as intended, and all what you can do with it, use it through wall and annoying people sometimes with suicidal rush into enemy group and die, in a hope than your teammates do something cool.

my own suggestion:
- allow his ability working instantly, without stupid charging.
- all enemies in range get -10% to all speed on a 8 sec. (or -5% all speed on a 10 sec.)

claim to Jobs weapons.
- EOK is cool. Jobs now is a quite clone (due his stats) of old EOK-raider mech without Blitz. it is comfortable to play. nothing more to say.
- RevGL+KLA - waste of time, if compare with EOK+KLA. maybe if his RevGL will work like G2-Gren RevGL's (detonate with contact, instead bouncing)
I feel like Jobs need Third weapon which can be good with KLA. maybe one of the Shotguns (?), to be like a Raider (but maybe it can be Mini-Flak, or ordinary Flak, to not be a full Raider-clone, i mean, with T32 or Reflak)

it is nothing outstanding mech, with totally bugged and annoying ability. which working adequate very rare, except situation with close-range mechs, when Jobs specially suicide himself and press ability to stun enemy after death. it is really should be reworked (or fixed)

6) Kerby.
no pretension here. maybe his DPS is high, but i really don't know... it can die easily if not being accurate, i think it normal.
but maybe i don't notice something.

7) Berserker. 
Another noob-shredder mech. His ability should be nerfed long time ago. there several ways.
- +5% damage (instead current %)
or 
- decrease ability time to 5 sec. (if not touch damage)

8) G2-assult. 
Assult is overbuffed right now. Due the broken conception in general, inability to use covers, and lack of explosions, you, devs, don't know how else make it playable. but it is impossible to make it normal, G2-assult always will can be only in two state:
1) first - overbuffed noob-shredder, which is buff enough, to do something with good players (obviously, it is a high dps + HP + good speed). being more competitive against good player (but still not enough) just lead to suffering of +/- average players who die from very high DPS.
2) second - normal state. where Assult sux due the lack of explosion damage, range and spread. feel yourself normal against noobs, but totally useless againt any other. it is really playable only if you team do all the work even without you, and you just go somewhere and pew-pew a little.

I can agree with current G2-Assult stats with dual Vulcans XT, but i'm totally disagree with current Assult stats if it use SMC or AR.
those weapons making this mech stronger (imo), make it more universal, more accuracy, which is great with his big HP (as a B-class)

10) G2-gren.
Gren turret mode is ugly. again - stationary target without any armor = death.
Gren RevGL grenades now not bouncing, you can't ricochete from wall while you turtleness in safety place. 

Gren is also can VERY easily destroying himself while turret mode, if another C-class mech just jump at point-blank range (flak-brawler, for example), because you deal +100% damage to YOURSELF, and just kill yourself.

- add to him +20% frontal armor, (added -30%, or -40%  or even -50% backstab damage to compensate it) or nothing happen.
- disable grenadier boost while turret mode (like a pre-ascension turrets), but increase walking speed the same like brawler have while turret mode. imo, Gren just should have a good speed while turret, but he have +100% damage, so, probably just adding a some frontal armor will be enough.

another variation.
- Adding +40% frontal armor, and leave it with super slow speed, like a "stationary bunker"
why?
- to not allow Gren blown up himself, when enemy jump in his face. +40% should help to not kill yourself with splash. and do some things with some Orbs in invetory, or with tech which maybe can help be a "point defender" or some sort of pusher, which spam damage at AA and slowly goes forward, or just stand near with corner, while tech trying to heal Gren in safety (i'm talking about siege on Origin here), and when it have low HP, throw a blockade and run to the shelter.

11) Brawler.
I don't know how, but you should buff his frontal turret armor to +15%.

the second way - leave brawler armor the same (+10%), but changing regen rate mechanism. regen should be always maximal, doesn't matter you deal damage or not.

12) Heat-cannon and EOK.

The game stuck with it stupid mechs and sustain weapons dominating (at least in random). many people just don't want to play on anything which don't have AR in left arm. because it is hard and don't cost of it. it is sad.
Alpha-strike weapons should return their glory, and be a good alternative, not a weapons which you can use just for fun, for you own interest, or because you bored with your AR-Assult (now is a CRT-recruit, but doesn't matter how you call it, it is still AR-Assult)

- Increase uncharged shot speed to charged shot (i mean, bullet in both modes should flying with the same speed). the game is changed many times ago, this weapon is old. it is not for current meta with compressor and other stuff.
let Heat-cannon be a non-hitscan RailGun in hawken. it is really help make it cool and comfortable.

- EOK. just increase EOK bullet speed about +20% (or +30%), to make it more viable against all flying oppononets and air-moves, which make it more viable for attack and more universality.
I also like the current "chain-detonation" of EOK. i feel, right now it is working as intended.

these weapons don't changed so long. early, when flying was punished, when SS have a high spread while scoping, when all sustain weapons have a high spread, when a secondary weapons dominated over primaries... Heat and EOK was good. but not now, when the whole situation changed! when the other mech have isnane accuracy from distances, much more higher DPS, and ability to flying very fast. we should do something with this, for the sake of justice!
It is also automatically help mechs like Civ and Rockee (maybe even G2-Gren, who knows?), like a slightly buff.

Still not trying the Ord. but to be honest, not very want to do it. Because except the Vytro, all new mechs is a little weird. it is look like it is making for player fun only, not for serious game, when you can do some things. (Civ probably the second of new mechs which looking interest, but it is not enough to play on it seriously. at least, he have some funny features).
I think, when/if c05 ended with hovken bugs, he should think about rebalancing some things. probably, it is good that a new mech literally not appear as imba (or being nerfed after this), but they need slightly buff/rework to being playable at PC. (to be honest, they weird on consoles too xD)

Edited by nepacaka, 11 June 2017 - 07:03 AM.

• Zavier_ and _Andrea_ like this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

Pumapaw

Pumapaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

I hate to break it to you but this G2 Assault has been nerfed to the point of being a worthless mech.  All because I killed Josh multiple times repeatedly with one.

TangledMantis

TangledMantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Give 36M the reaper/kirby special ability and it might work. I have fun with it either way though.

Edited by TangledMantis, 11 June 2017 - 09:59 AM.

Gusbots

Gusbots

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Keep in mind, Console and pc needs different buffs/nerfs  ie the vytro is hard as balls to aim with a controller (ability still sucks though, and needs a buff)

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

I hate to break it to you but this G2 Assault has been nerfed to the point of being a worthless mech. All because I killed Josh multiple times repeatedly with one.

Say what? G2 Assault maybe more powerful than ever. I've actually put it on the potential black ball list as it feels even easier to run away with games just with dual Vulcan. Ar/Vulcan will ruin people's day real quick. No fun to be had when you're 250+ points every game above everyone else.

wmmoney.png

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

Say what? G2 Assault maybe more powerful than ever. I've actually put it on the potential black ball list as it feels even easier to run away with games just with dual Vulcan. Ar/Vulcan will ruin people's day real quick. No fun to be had when you're 250+ points every game above everyone else.

that what i'm talking about. imo, assult is more or less adequate with 2 vulcans XT, cuz ~170 dps and weird spread do not allow him do some magic. 
but with AR or SMC his DPS is higher, with SMC heat lower, and his spread not suffer so much from distances.

kerby have +/- the same DPS and not bad skirmisher, but he is not have fuzzy bunny 585 HP. 
it is superb, how g2-assult can just stand still and he just kill 36m faster. lol.

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

Keep in mind, Console and pc needs different buffs/nerfs  ie the vytro is hard as balls to aim with a controller (ability still sucks though, and needs a buff)

it is not about mechs. just people on console play bad. even if you buff him to 500 dmg per shot, some people anyway can't do nothing with it.
btw, i see some gamepad nerds who play good on vytro. it doesn't matter how you change it for consoles, because console hawken have only one sort of balance: who better use gamepad - win. so, devs can concentrate on pc.

just for clarify, 36M on consoles the same weird as on PC. and G2-assult is also one of the imba mechs on consoles, due the players skill and movement in general (very similar to the movement-style of a tree, which growing in the ground). so...

Edited by nepacaka, 11 June 2017 - 01:15 PM.

Gusbots

Gusbots

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

it is not about mechs. just people on console play bad. even if you buff him to 500 dmg per shot, some people anyway can't do nothing with it.
btw, i see some gamepad nerds who play good on vytro. it doesn't matter how you change it for consoles, because console hawken have only one sort of balance: who better use gamepad - win. so, devs can concentrate on pc.

just for clarify, 36M on consoles the same weird as on PC. and G2-assult is also one of the imba mechs on consoles, due the players skill and movement in general (very similar to the movement-style of a tree, which growing in the ground). so...

The only people who can hit consistently with it play the vytro all the time, easier to aim with m+k

Edited by Gusbots, 11 June 2017 - 01:21 PM.

Paramilitaria

Paramilitaria

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

kerby have +/- the same DPS and not bad skirmisher, but he is not have fuzzy bunny 585 HP. 
it is superb, how g2-assult can just stand still and he just kill 36m faster. lol.

This is also the prime example of what is wrong with the 36M, it is just straight up outclassed by the assault in every way, right now if you don't have your 36M in turret mode it is essentially a worse Assault (albeit with a much higher boost speed).

I think the concept for the 36M is great, but in practice it is just bad, i would fix it by increasing the accuracy of the guns so that it can be dangerous at range, or the damage of the guns so it can be dangerous in a brawl.

I also think, and this is an important point to me the spin up of the guns should be removed entirely, any half decent player can keep the guns spun up anyway, so the only moment where this would make a difference is when he is coming out of boosting. It is the fastest C-class while boosting (faster than some A-class), if the spin up is removed it can chase after fleeing mechs and close distance to brawl range very effectively, right now all it can do with it is run away.

(Ideally though, Hawken should have a ramming damage mechanic, that would make this mech really unique as it would be the most powerful rammer, but it would also just be a fun mechanic in general.)

• valon79 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: babaji, balance, new mech problems

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users