Photo

This is the hawken it should have been, not this regular fps we have now..

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Nice Googlin', but you neglected the 2nd definition:
"an event involving destruction or damage on an awesome or catastrophic scale."

^This describes what is happening on Illal to a "t;" Again, just because there are still 'thriving' cities ("Thriving" is a strng word, I think, in this case ) and a single lush jungle (It's called LAST Eco), doesn't mean the fuzzy bunny is not hitting the fan in an apocalyptic fashion. That city won't be thriving for long, and that jungle is going to either burn down through warfare or be devoured by nanomachines, immediately and fast. The corps of Illal are literally fighting a planet-wide resource war. Something like that doesn't just happen, it happens when the very fabric of what keeps society going is in deep fuzzy bunny; Or in other words, during an apocalypse. Unstoppable nano-virus? A PLANET-WIDE WAR? How is that not apocalyptic?

Anyways... I don't really enjoy semantics arguments. I think we have different ideas of what the word represents. Agree to disagree, I guess. If you don't like me using the word "apocalyptic" to describe Hawken, then I'll switch to "catastrophic" or any other number of synonyms.

Edited by (TDM) DeeRax, 22 June 2015 - 12:59 PM.

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

AxionOperandi

AxionOperandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Yeah, we are just approaching the meaning of the word slightly differently.

For me apocalypse on planetary level means its all gone, destroyed, nothing left to fight for. Time for whoever and whatever is left alive to start over from scratch, sharp sticks, stones, wooden huts, underpants made of out leaves (if there are any).

Edited by AxionOperandi, 22 June 2015 - 02:24 PM.

• DeeRax likes this

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Yeah, we are just approaching the meaning of the word slightly differently.

For me apocalypse on planetary level means its all gone, destroyed, nothing left to fight for. Time for whoever and whatever is left alive to start over from scratch, sharp sticks, stones, wooden huts, underpants made of out leaves (if there are any).

I've always interpreted that scenario as post-apocalyptic. Apocalyptic is while the apocalypse is actually in progress for me.

• DeeRax likes this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

AxionOperandi

AxionOperandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
"For me apocalypse on planetary level means its all gone, destroyed, nothing left to fight for."
That part would be the apocalypse. Its on fire burning, all of it, you can't stop it no matter what. Go hide under a rock.

"Time for whoever and whatever is left alive to start over from scratch, sharp sticks, stones, wooden huts, underpants made of out leaves (if there are any)."
The fire is out and nothing is left but somehow I survived. Maybe if I can find a plant I can make some underpants out it. That would be POST-apocalyptic.

For example; this weekend I was holding a homemade beer in one and and extra sharp cheddar cheese in the other. The cheese was aged and so sharp it crumbled in my hand and in fell into the beer. And while tragic this falls under neither an apocalypse or post-apocalyptic.

Edited by AxionOperandi, 22 June 2015 - 10:18 PM.

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
Can we compare the game to something else now? The word COD is getting old so let's channel that power of creativity and use another word! Or just don't and accept the direction of the game as it is.
  • DeeRax likes this

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

As far as other games... This game always reminded me more of TF2 than CoD.
And in a really vague way it also reminds me of TRIBES. Must be the flying around and stuff.
But yeah... TF2, with big robots and less hats. Oh wait... TF2 even has big robots...

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

The people who compare hawken to CoD apparently only know of two fps sub genres. CoD, and not CoD.

• nepacaka likes this

AxionOperandi

AxionOperandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
To me Hawken = UT + MechWarrior * a very unique visual style. CoD comparisons make no sense at all.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

All this intense debate over the meaning of "apocalyptic" and whether the old Hawken looked that way or not?

I'm sorry I ever used the word in my description.  Really.  I'm sorry.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users