(='.'=) 

(") (")?

Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Can someone confirm what internals/items this thing is suppose to use? I'm testing it out again but I'm having some trouble here and there. I tried orb lord and it works okay until you verse higher burst mechs or tow missile mechs. I'm thinking replenisher or any internal that uses healing for kills or even orbs since you get ALOT of assist with the G2A. I'm really not to sure about orb lord though, it works sometimes but most of the time it fails. I'm really thinking this mech NEEDS to use the flashbang and not the emp because if you hit someone with the emp. They will just run out of your range and well you might as well be hitting them with foam noodles. But if you blind them, they can't run and you get to dps them down easier. Can someone confirm a proper built for this mech. I've literally tried everything since I bought all internal/items for the mech awhile back and I'm still struggling, tier base gameplay is 2400+ if that matters.

Hold on to the things you care about most, even if others see it as insignificant..If you can't be true to yourself, are you really living?

W4znwFO.jpg1sHSjPn.png1sHSjPn.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngbANk8SP.jpgMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.png1sHSjPn.pngW4znwFO.jpg

SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Personally, I feel the "more dakka" mech needs more dakka. There is just not enough dakka in it as it is, and it constantly gets out-dakka'd by just about everything else. More dakka pl0x.

tumblr_mkwo3a22wt1s34tygo1_500.gif

Liek dis.

Edited by SatelliteJack, 09 July 2015 - 08:30 PM.

• Miscellaneous, comic_sans, Onstrava and 1 other like this

cUB1aCW.jpg?2

System64

System64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Solution: give it more damage for each gun (not sure how much), give it dual SMC XTs as an alternate choice and give it dual AR XTs as a prestige choice.

d9133aa6ec.jpg

spinningchurro

spinningchurro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

A more complex fix that could be fun is make the Vulcan-XT deal more damage the hotter it gets. That way, if you can manage to keep your heat high, but not overheat, you can shred things.

I really, really like this idea.

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

I'm going to further increase the risk of this becoming a pure suggestion thread:

Someone once suggested changing the G2A's ability from coolant (boring) to an ability that increases the G2A's rate of fire. I like that idea because it seems to pair well with the G2A's strengths - sustained DPS firepower - and I believe it'd round out the current spectrum of abilities across all the mechs (see below). While we're on the topic, there aren't any abilities that modify dodge cooldown, air speed (lol), rate of fire, turn speed, projectile speed, etc. There's plenty of room for some of the existing bland abilities to be changed to more relevant abilities on many mechs. 

Heat management

• Assault, G2A, CRT

Fuel

• Scout

Ground Speed

• Raider, G2R

Cloaking/visibility

• Infiltrator, Predator

Damage

• Berzerker, Grenadier, Sharpshooter

Damage reduction

• Bruiser

Accuracy

• Reaper

Healing

• Technician

AoE damage thingy

• Incinerator

Tank mode (lol)

• Brawler, Vanguard, Rocketeer

If the above idea was already brought up in this thread then - you guessed it - I still apologize for nothing.

• comic_sans, Onstrava and CraftyDus like this

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

I'm going to further increase the risk of this becoming a pure suggestion thread:

Someone once suggested changing the G2A's ability from coolant (boring) to an ability that increases the G2A's rate of fire. I like that idea because it seems to pair well with the G2A's strengths - sustained DPS firepower - and I believe it'd round out the current spectrum of abilities across all the mechs (see below). While we're on the topic, there aren't any abilities that modify dodge cooldown, air speed (lol), rate of fire, turn speed, projectile speed, etc. There's plenty of room for some of the existing bland abilities to be changed to more relevant abilities on many mechs. 

Heat management

• Assault, G2A, CRT

Fuel

• Scout

Ground Speed

• Raider, G2R

Cloaking/visibility

• Infiltrator, Predator

Damage

Damage reduction

• Bruiser

Accuracy

• Reaper

Healing

• Technician

AoE damage thingy

• Incinerator

Tank mode (lol)

If the above idea was already brought up in this thread then - you guessed it - I still apologize for nothing.

I suggest it be an AOE increasing the rate of fire of mechs around it. The heat would go up though with the deeps.

• comic_sans likes this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Can someone confirm what internals/items this thing is suppose to use? I'm testing it out again but I'm having some trouble here and there. I tried orb lord and it works okay until you verse higher burst mechs or tow missile mechs. I'm thinking replenisher or any internal that uses healing for kills or even orbs since you get ALOT of assist with the G2A. I'm really not to sure about orb lord though, it works sometimes but most of the time it fails. I'm really thinking this mech NEEDS to use the flashbang and not the emp because if you hit someone with the emp. They will just run out of your range and well you might as well be hitting them with foam noodles. But if you blind them, they can't run and you get to dps them down easier. Can someone confirm a proper built for this mech. I've literally tried everything since I bought all internal/items for the mech awhile back and I'm still struggling, tier base gameplay is 2400+ if that matters.

I've found armor fusor to be quite useful on G2A because of the relatively high health and ability to nick lots of targets for easy assists. Orblord is still probably good though because you want to fight in the open and keep the guns going.

EMPs are still good for starting and breaking engagements, and anyone who could run away when EMPed could have evaded you EMPed or not. They still give your team an opening, and IMO isms are too unreliable because you're depending on the opponents graphics setup to cooperate, and even then only if they look at the thing as it detonates. If neither of those suit you try scrambler or barrier.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

I suggest it be an AOE increas...

This is where I stopped reading because brain says,"EXPLOSIVE LOADER: ONCE ACTIVATED, VULCANS FIRE SMALL EXPLOSIVE ROUNDS" and that made me happy.

• Odinous likes this

cUB1aCW.jpg?2

Skrill

Skrill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

More of a fun mech than a competitively viable one. No burst is rough when the current meta calls for at least some corner play.

Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Heat management

• Assault, G2A, CRT

Fuel

• Scout

Ground Speed

• Raider, G2R

Cloaking/visibility

• Infiltrator, Predator

Damage

Damage reduction

• Bruiser

Accuracy

• Reaper

Healing

• Technician

AoE damage thingy

• Incinerator

Tank mode (lol)

Yea, I suggested the rate of fire ability change in the suggestion thread, not sure if that many people liked the idea though XD. Maybe I needed to explain it better,  o well I just hope the devs thought of it and possibly even changing out other mech abilities to make them more unique.

I've found armor fusor to be quite useful on G2A because of the relatively high health and ability to nick lots of targets for easy assists. Orblord is still probably good though because you want to fight in the open and keep the guns going.

EMPs are still good for starting and breaking engagements, and anyone who could run away when EMPed could have evaded you EMPed or not. They still give your team an opening, and IMO isms are too unreliable because you're depending on the opponents graphics setup to cooperate, and even then only if they look at the thing as it detonates. If neither of those suit you try scrambler or barrier.

I'll give it a shot, I've been thinking about going back to orb lord. Either way I would like the see the mech get at least a small buff or hell something to make it more viable in battle, saying it's just a "fun mech", doesn't make much sense because wouldn't you have more fun if you can take people down with it?

Edited by Onstrava, 10 July 2015 - 11:30 AM.

Hold on to the things you care about most, even if others see it as insignificant..If you can't be true to yourself, are you really living?

W4znwFO.jpg1sHSjPn.png1sHSjPn.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngbANk8SP.jpgMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.png1sHSjPn.pngW4znwFO.jpg

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

saying it's just a "fun mech", doesn't make much sense because wouldn't you have more fun if you can take people down with it?

By "fun" I think most people mean "novelty". The only people having fun with a novelty mech are those who like the niche it fills, and that won't be for everyone.

That said, I'm all for making every mech as balanced, viable, and competitive as possible. I generally find novelty mechs insulting. It's like the designers kicked their feet up on the desk and said, "lol we aren't going to try to balance this one, but you'll likely spend money on it anyways, so it's going up on the store tomorrow as a 'novelty mech'!" This mech should be balanced and tended to like the goddamn killing machine this game wants me to believe it is. It shouldn't be a damn ornament in my garage to remind me of the time / money I wasted.

FULL DISCLOSURE: despite what I've written above, I don't expect any kind of balancing changes to be made for a while. I emphatically do not want this to turn into a "Reloaded hates us and won't balance anything / make new maps / etc." thread. I'm venting frustration at a design decision made by people long gone, and in time I think that Reloaded will make changes to at least partially abate that frustration.

Edited by TheButtSatisfier, 14 July 2015 - 06:39 AM.

• Odinous, comic_sans, Kopra and 3 others like this

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

By "fun" I think most people mean "novelty". The only people having fun with a novelty mech are those who like the niche it fills, and that won't be for everyone.

That said, I'm all for making every mech as balanced, viable, and competitive as possible. Having novelty mechs  seems insulting. It's like they kicked their feet up on the desk and said, "lol we aren't going to try to balance this one, but you'll likely spend money on it anyways, so it's going up on the store tomorrow as a 'novelty mech'!"

This is all gold.  I also like the common perception of both G2 mechs as super terrible, although g2r has a small but dedicated following (because it's great) that knows it is terrifying.  It's really entertaining when someone thinks they've got the idiot in the bad mech cornered and then I just either whittle them with the g2a or plotz them for huge damage with the g2r.  Both mechs can easily top teams in pubs, and the g2r is close to viable.  Also, I got vulcan on the g2r the other day, and while I sucked with it, I felt its awesome power for the brief wonderful moment of the 100% kill.

• Odinous, DeeRax and TheButtSatisfier like this

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Both mechs can easily top teams in pubs, and the g2r is close to viable.

This is accurate. I don't think that either mech lacks an entire leg to stand on, and the G2R is the only mech that I know of that can pop an A class in a single volley.

That said, I feel that the effectiveness of the G2s plateaus sooner in the competitive scene than the more viable mechs. Some people will be good enough with G2s to use them effectively in competitions, but I consider them to be the exception to the rule. For example, let's say there are two pilots, one who plays G2R and the other plays Brawler, and they each pilot their mechs with comparable skill. The Brawler pilot will end up being more effective on more maps than the G2R pilot. Same thing with an equally-skilled G2A pilot and Assault pilot: 9/10 times the Assault pilot will be more effective on more maps. The niche the G2s fill is a narrow one.

• comic_sans and DeeRax like this

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

The niche the G2s fill is a narrow one.

And it's such a shame because at least the g2r is close to balanced and the g2a could certainly overcome its inherent downsides with clever abilities.  The g2r abil not showing on radar really is a lot of what it needs to shine.  I really like the AOE fire rate buff idea for the g2a, and that might be enough to make it a comp-viable doodle too.

Edited by cosmic_spand, 10 July 2015 - 12:36 PM.

• TheButtSatisfier likes this

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

And it's such a shame because at least the g2r is close to balanced and the g2a could certainly overcome its inherent downsides with clever abilities.  The g2r abil not showing on radar really is a lot of what it needs to shine.  I really like the AOE fire rate buff idea for the g2a, and that might be enough to make it a comp-viable doodle too.

Agreed on all points. I think they are worth a try.

Edited by TheButtSatisfier, 10 July 2015 - 12:37 PM.

HeavyMetalFenix

HeavyMetalFenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Um... AOE increase rate of fire + several G2A and sustain mechs + Incins to keep heat low = insane dakka dakka dakka...

Let us now all pause for a minute and contemplate the awesomeness of the nigh-endless hitscan DPS.......

(discussion continues one minute later)

OT, I think the G2A works well in siege as a support mech on certain maps. For example, while on the pyramid in Last Eco, hang back (low on the pyramid) while other teammates engage, wait a few sec, then calmly walk over off radar and provide fire support from 30-90 degree angle, using the pyramid's shape to hide your approach. While any mech can do this, the G2A's twin sustain weapons mean instant damage (no TOW flight time while they try to run), and the coolant means you can mop up several (health-depleted) targets in a row, hitscan.

It finishes other people's fights real well in the pubs, but I don't think it's gonna shine in high-tier competition, needing to spin up w/o boosting and being poor at corner-play (no burst weaponry). 

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

I was wondering if a dual B3-AR : BBY would be OP or not on a G2A. More DPS, but a real heat management, I would be happy to try something like that.

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

A more complex fix that could be fun is make the Vulcan-XT deal more damage the hotter it gets. That way, if you can manage to keep your heat high, but not overheat, you can shred things. And you also have your ability as an emergency reset if you need to dump your heat right away. Increasing its heat capacity would probably be necessary with this change, too.

I think this could really work. Especially given how Coolant2 works,I think it would synergize really well with that kind of passive property.

cUB1aCW.jpg?2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Assault, G2, underpowered

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users