• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

I am taking an indefinite break from my hosting duties and likely the game and community in general. Without going in to much detail, I am enjoying this community less and less, and my playing of the game is largely limited to when I feel obligated to play it.

That's hard not to take personally, and I apologize. The large majority of you have been wonderful - however abrasive attitudes, while only a little more prevalent than in the past, seem to be becoming accepted. I'd always admired how in the past we'd stick up for the dignity of total strangers, whereas currently the most dismissive and content-less of comments garner praise and repetition with little to no resistance.

In part, I simply do not feel like being disappointed by the attendance I've been seeing lately. In part, my role in it is becoming less and less necessary - especially with the lower attendance seen during TPG seasons.

I've sat in front of this keyboard almost every Wednesday night, loudly and jovially greeting and organizing and making sure everyone gets their fair chance for more than a full year now.

I've very much enjoyed that. 

The duration of this hiatus will include this Wednesday. Beyond that is indefinite.

As for the event itself, I've had several people volunteer to step up to varying degrees of assistance, but in the end, I'm just one person. If you all feel the event is worth continuing, I'm positive you'll do so, if not, then it won't.

All in all, I'm actually most upset because we had a very good art contribution for this week's sign up sheet, and I'd like it not to be wasted.

If you'd like to contact me for any purpose, please feel free to contact me via steam.

• Dawn_of_Ash, Nov8tr and SOD_CyberTormentor like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Thanks for your contributions to the community, tickle.  Take care.

• Miscellaneous, Nov8tr, JackVandal and 1 other like this

TURDxSANDWICH

TURDxSANDWICH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Sorry to see you go, Tickle.  War Wednesday was a great contribution to Hawken and was my (and many others, I'm sure) first introduction to competitive Hawken.  Thanks for getting it started.

4wBdPaU.jpg

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

I will always remember you

cRKxSt0.jpg

• Miscellaneous, OdinTheWise and Knowledge70 like this

d1eZeG3.png

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Tickle, hope it works out for you.

Edited by Call_Me_Ishmael, 13 July 2015 - 06:20 PM.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

It's really unfortunate and saddening to see you leave (even if it may only be for a short while). You have been one of a decreasingly few who have been overall nice and friendly on this forum and I'm going to miss that. 

That's hard not to take personally, and I apologize. The large majority of you have been wonderful - however abrasive attitudes, while only a little more prevalent than in the past, seem to be becoming accepted. I'd always admired how in the past we'd stick up for the dignity of total strangers, whereas currently the most dismissive and content-less of comments garner praise and repetition with little to no resistance.

I definitely agree with you on this point. This is also the reason why I'm coming onto the forums less and less everyday, and I'm also having a hiatus from Hawken itself due to me lacking the motivation and reasoning to actually play a game in the 80% dead Australian servers. I really hope that this would be refreshed when a new update comes out - for both me and you, Tickle.

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

dont leave me! kisses <3 <3 <3 <3 lol 

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Bummer. 

8CyRDl7.gifGYM1W9I.png

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Sorry to see this happen mate but I get it. I can't fault you for how you feel my friend. Please do what your heart leads you to. Life is more important everyday and family wins out period. Thank you so much for all you done. LOL, now I feel bad for teasing you. opppss :rolleyes: Good luck in everything you do and I hope you will from time to time poke you face in and make fun of us! :yes:

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Thanks Amid for taking the reins and for doing War Wednesday the 15th. Appreciated. I had fun. Thank you. :thumbsup:

• SOD_CyberTormentor likes this

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

SOD_CyberTormentor

SOD_CyberTormentor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Hey Tickle, I would like to thank all you did for us not only hosting but personally helping me to play with this community, maybe not everyone knows how difficult is a person from another country have access to these wonderful events and especially the fun warwed . You always had patience and ability to help others and still give the required attention to me. It is with regret that I read your message, but I understand that we all have our problems and personal barriers for a certain time. I would like to see him soon again with us.

A hug, my friend!

Edited by SOD_CyberTormentor, 20 July 2015 - 05:40 AM.

• ticklemyiguana and Nov8tr like this

assinaturalogos_03.png | assinaturalogos_09.png | assinaturalogos_07.pngassinaturalogos_05.png

wolfrock

wolfrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Tickle. Thanks for all your work, it's been over a year of TAW and the original WW as well. Good times, it's always good playing with you and the old crew.

• Nov8tr likes this
G2R is viable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users