- - - - - scout new returning

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Funnykid22

Funnykid22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi everyone! Been a while, but straight to the point i haven't played hawken for about a year and i'm trying to get back into it. I've been trying the det and Health but its a bit odd using them, any suggestions as to any different items I should try? any help or response is appreciated thank you. :smile:

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

So, I'm going to tell you the worst thing in the world right now. MK III health orb is the first item you should have on just about every mech, especially A classes. Drop it in anticipation of a fight or during a prolonged engagement and enjoy a temporary technician for 120 health- which on the scout is very significant. This can be paired with items like extractor or other orb-altering internals to be extremely powerful.

The usage of this technique is referred to as "the orb meta" and is widely regarded as brokenly OP. I expect it will eventually be nerfed, but by that point in time, hopefully you'll have enough HC to buy some new stuff.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

well scout internal and item depend on your play style .if u love to play ground there is two internal u can choose ----->

1) advanced reconstructor +advanced armor fusor  ( item : MKlll Orb or MKll orb or MKll Emp or Mkll Detonator )

2) Orb Lord Idea    : Advanced repair kit + 2 slot Extractor +Fuel converter ( item :  MKlll Orb +MKl Emp )

3) Orb Lord Idea ll :  2 slot Repair Kit+ 2 slot Extractor + 2 slot Deflectors  ( item   :MKlll Orb +MKl Emp )

if u like to play in the Air + Ground like-- air dodge with AC so u have some internal choice ----->

1) Air Compressor + 2 slot Extractor + 1 slot Fuel converter (item : MKll Orb +MKll EMP Or MKll Detonator )

2) Air Compressor +2 slot Fuel Converter +1 slot Extractor (item : MKll Orb +MKll EMP Or MKll Detonator )

3) air Compressor + 2 slot Deflectors + 1 slot Extractor (item : MKll Orb +MKll EMP Or MKll Detonator )

PS : this is ,my personal opinion .may be someone have better idea .the item and internal its totally on u and on ur skill level. good luck .see u in the battle .

• Bunnykillkill, spinningchurro and KilleR_OrigiNs like this

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

For items, I personally go for the:

• Scanners - 3 charges
  • HE Charges - 1 charge

Scanners because I'm a cheap poopy head who likes to take a dump on other people when I'm annoyed and the HE charges give that extra bit of burst. Can also get you the kill if you overheat or something.

As far as internals go... I think my set up is:

• Air compressor - obvious in a sense but some may prefer the ground over the air
  • Advanced fail safe - I do like to get really close to people so I don't miss, and this involves TOW'ing myself
  • Shock coils - for the sneaky beaky like stuff since any form of fuel usage (except infiltrators' invis) will reveal you on your opponents mini map 

As for other things, shields and health orbs are relatively high on the 'To Get List' since they can certainly help you in a pinch. Maybe not so much the shields depending on your play style. 

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

EMP

Funnykid22

Funnykid22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

thank you everyone who replied! all of you responses have helped alot. :yes:

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

BTW, funny, just so you know - the current meta hasn't really changed since the last time you played.

And I'll still drop you with a blind tow air-det from around the corner! XD

• KilleR_OrigiNs likes this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Bunnykillkill

Bunnykillkill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

I cannot stress the importance of at least trying to learn a "ground scout" build before you go all AC (especially with a flak scout) because:

1. The scout is so slow in the air that IMO you should never hoover with it, just jump. (easy target)

2. It's hellafast on the ground, try learning proper movement/positioning and dodge timing and you wil dance around just about anything.

Edit: Sp

Edited by Bunnykillkill, 25 March 2015 - 07:58 AM.

• Guns_N_Rozer likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

I cannot stress the importance of at least trying to learn a "ground scout" build before you go all AC (especially with a flak scout) because:

1. The scout is so slow in the air that IMO you should never hoover with it, just jump. (easy target)

2. It's hellafast on the ground, try learning proper movement/posiioning and dodge timing and you wil dance around just about anything.

gooth and noice tibs :yes:  .........u Fuzzy+Bunny :thumbsup:

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

EMP

Equivalent Mech Power = EMP  :tongue:

• Kopra likes this

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

I run 3 orbs and an EMP. BTW, Kid, it is awesome to see you again! Glad to you have you around and please stop buy the Officially Unofficial Hawken Team Speak!

ts5.gameservers.com:9152

For internals, I run Air Compressor, Deflectors, and Basic Fuel Converter. 

Edited by OmegaNull, 25 March 2015 - 09:51 AM.

Scootin' 'n Shoot | Bawlin' 'n Brawlin' | Ragin' 'n Raidin'

ca62ab9a-2ce9-4a20-b368-0cde03b1331d.png

"Velocitas et Eradico"

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Det mk-II, repair charge mk-II, deflectors, fuel converter, repair kit.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Bunnykillkill

Bunnykillkill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Det mk-II, repair charge mk-II, deflectors, fuel converter, repair kit.

isn't deflectors and fuel converter on the same build is kinda counter productive?

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
Ism and holo should be standard on scout
  • shosca likes this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

devotion

devotion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

the cookie cutter scout build is advanced repair kit 3, extractor 2, fuel 1 with orb 3 and emp 1.

i personally run rep 2, extract 2, and deflectors 2. i give up fuel 1 and 10% of orb healing for 20% at-will damage reduction. i like it because i can play scout with little reliance on heavy boosting, and i feel that the ability will cover me when i do need the excess fuel.

some players like to go the opposite route and go all-in with fuel 2. i can't comment on this personally, but that build typically looks like extractor 2, fuel 2, and either deflectors 2 or repair kit 2. i haven't used it personally, but fuel 2 is supposed to practically give you endless fuel.

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

Just play it naked FunnyKid, you'll be back on top in no time

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: scout, new, returning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users